Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Tardelli brought Gresko to Inter last year I had pretty high expectations to the guy. Everything i had read about him was positive and i thought we had finally found the guy to take over from Brehme.
I didn't take long though for me to get extremly disappointed:( !!!
Except for his first display in the jersey he really really sucked! and soon he was replaced by other players.
This season under Cuper he has found his way back to the starting eleven and i gotta say the guy has started to impress me a lot!:eek: !:) !
The performances he has been making lately, especially against Lazio, has been very impressive. Actually, as far as i remember, he has gotten 6 or above in the last 4 matches and thats pretty good eh? Im beginning to think that Tardelli might actually have found a future star in Gresko.:eek: :)
Do you guys agree that Gresko is to Inters version of Cinderella or do you still think that he is a liabilty and needs to be replaced over the summer?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
What was beyond my mind at this forum,was after the match against Chievo.The week before that I had made a topic about Gresko where then NO ONE disagreed that he is actually good.No one said that he sucked and needed to be replaced.Then the coming week against Chievo he plays one very bad match according to the sources,and the whole forum (with exceptions of course) all of a sudden says he sucks.That will be one thing I can never understand.He wasn´t even allowed to play ONE bad match without being scolded by his own fans,while players like Conceiçao can get as many chances as possible to find the form and perform bad over and over again and still be defended.That´s what I couldn´t understand.

BUT,I can understand when people feels he should be replaced because we can do better.That point I can see since Gresko isn´t a superstar player,but he definetely doesn´t suck.Watch the match against Parma for an example,and you´ll see the Gresko that has existed this season for exceptions of one or two matches.That people wanna see another left back because we can do better,I can totally understand,but not using the excuse that he sucks. When he starts playing as many bad matches as Conceiçao has done for us,then I can understand that point also,but not as long as he puts up performances like he has done this season.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
to be honest with u i dont like Gresko that much...but i must say that he really has impressed me in the last matches i´ve seen and im starting to like him a little...and he also has a very hard and good shot wich he proved against Parma with a great shot from long way out. if we would get a a new left back like Coco i woud be happy but if not then thats ok cuz Gresko has showned that he is good player and good enough to play in a big team like Inter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's certainly interesting how the Gresko question has swayed opinion in the Forum over the last 18 months or so.

I still stand by the views I have always advocated: Gresko isn't good enough to start for Inter. When you look around the rest of the team and you see the quality of players we have in nearly every other position, it surely becomes clear that he is an obvious weak spot.

It would be unfair of me not to acknowledge the improvement he has made in his game this season under Cuper. I agree with a point Jimmy made when he said that Inter could probably do better for a player in the left-back position. We can count on Gresko to be reasonably solid and reliable although I'm a firm believer that Guly must recieve huge credit for the way in which he sacrifices himself to help out the Slovak when he plays in front of him. It certainly will be interesting to see how things develop should Recoba start to play more regularly in the left-midield role.

Gresko is the kind of player you want as a substitute because he's well capable of doing a job but if you're fighting for a Scudetto or wanting to make an impression in the Champion's League - do you really see Gresko stopping the likes of Figo, Cafu, Overmars and the like? I certainly don't. His industry and heart just can't make up for the other defects in his game - his crossing is awful and his distribution (whilst this is one of the biggest improvements in his game) remains erratic.

I probably won't get much support for saying this but I want to see Geo restored to the defence. I know he was disappointing at the beginning of the season but he's been written off way too early by most people at this forum - many of whom had built up ridiculous expectations of the Greek upon his return.

Infact, I wouldn't mind seeing how Serena fares in Cuper's Inter - particularly remembering how well he teamed up with Dalmat on the left last season. Just a thought...

Thanx for reading

Andy x

·
Registered
831 Posts
for me i kind of agree with Andy Simpson when it comes to he is not CL quality ... however, he has improved alot and i would'nt be suprised if he develops into a quality player.

i also agree with Andy Simpson when he said that Geo should get a nother chance ... i really dont think that he is over ...

if i wear incharge then i will give Geo a chance at a easy game, coz Gresko is doing fine, but for the summer i would like to see Chivu sign for us ... Chivu IMO is much better than Coco in almost every aspect, also he is younger and he can play as a Central defender, so by buying him it's like getting a 2 in 1 deal. If Chivu comes than i dont see any reason why Inter should by a Central defender, since we will always have Gresko for (a good) backup on the left.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Good question, and the best topic in some time. I'd love to see Gresko at Inter and his performances this season have been great. Gresko is CL quality, just. But these days a LB is such an important part of any squad. But really, Id love him and the LB we will buy to be rotated. Gresko is only 24 and has a great left-foot, but isnt great at crossing, and I cannot see why he should cross with Recoba in the side. We need a great LB, who is a defender, and gresko is taht.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yo Anderson Simpson :D:D

I thought i was teh only resident Serena fan. I still say he is the most competent left back at INTER.

Serena is the best we have and considering his play over the last 18 months or so before this season started i think he deserves a chance. Especially considering how he can play with an attacking player in tandem on the left

Serena and Recoba could well repeat what Serena did with Dalmat last season

Serena though does have occasional lapses. That is why next season i thnk that is teh first position to be beefed up.

Could Gresko become great? Interesting then what would happen next season then?

We would have abt 7 or 8 players who all grew up at INTER starting for INTER. Cool huh? But i some how don't ever see Gresko touching that flawless level that our other youngsters could possibly or have actually achieved. Dalmat C.Zanetti Cordoba Recoba Ronaldo J.Zanetti(he was here since he was 21 :eek: ) maybe if Ferrari comes back and Cordoba moves to right back and J.Zanetti plays in midfield blahblah blah.......

My point is......it would be great to have yet another player that grew up atINTER starting for us but......I think i wud prefer Francesco Coco or maybe even Chivu but Contra sux in Serie A defencively so who knows abt CHivu although i think Chivu is a much better player than Contra

1 - 7 of 7 Posts