Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was just reading an article about Gremio today, becuase Hugo De Leon
was named their new coach. First of all as a Penarol fan thanks for taking him away from Nacional.

Well the point I wanted to discuss was how shoked I was to find out Gremio was relegated, to the 2nd division. Unfortunately I really don't get a chance to follwo your domestic league, but I have always known Gremio to be a large club, and have always remembered them to be present in most Copa Libertadores.

South American clubs are always in financial trouble, but how bad is Gremio's.

Do you think it will be a long stay in in the 2nd division.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I heard they are in pretty bad financial shape. However I believe they will weather it, because they still have a good youth program. Promotion next year? Not sure although, because only 2 teams go up, and there are half a dozen of traditional teams in the second division.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Bordon is gone! said:
I heard they are in pretty bad financial shape. However I believe they will weather it, because they still have a good youth program. Promotion next year? Not sure although, because only 2 teams go up, and there are half a dozen of traditional teams in the second division.

Gremio will be there for a while :happy: :dielaugh:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
kaiserh said:
Gremio will be there for a while :happy: :dielaugh:
Until Ronaldinho goes back after winning like 5 more Ligas and a few CLs at Barca. :pp He did say he wanted to retire there I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts