Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Gregory has insisted that Aston Villa have no interest in signing Portuguese striker Joao Pinto - while reports in Portugal say that the player has agreed a deal to join Sporting Lisbon.

Villa were said to have outbid Chelsea, Newcastle and Fiorentina for the services of the player, but Gregory angrily dismissed this story as "pure speculation".

"I haven't put anything in the newspaper," Gregory said. "The club haven't put anything in the newspaper.
"We've got no interest in that particular deal. It's pure journalist specualation and unfortunately we have to put up with it.

"When we don't sign Pinto or he goes somewhere else, I then have to explain to the fans why we didn't sign him," Gregory told the official website

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Gregory hits back at critics

Aston Villa boss John Gregory has told defender Ugo Ehiogu to back his words with actions and put in for a transfer request.

The Villa boss is seething over public attacks from Ehiogu and Julian Joachim who have both launched bitter attacks on him.

Both players are demanding moves but Gregory claims he has not had an inquiry or offer from either of them.

He said: "Ehiogu has been trying to get away for three years but he's never put it in writing.

"Another of my players has let me down in the summer but I shall carry on until someone makes an offer.

"I'm not aiming to sell Ugo and just because players want to leave the club doesn’t mean I will bend over backwards for them. The price has to be right."

Midfielder Lee Hendrie has escaped a club fine over his recent drinking escapade with the England Under-21s.

Gregory said: Hendrie must grow up. He's had a kick up the backside and now he needs to sort himself out and decide whether he wants to be a footballer.

"Lee reckons he might take a leaf out of my book and not drink during the season - I'll hold him to that."

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he could join fiorentina or sporting also!!
he's very good but alredy 29,would be perfect together with nilis 33.......

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It said in the English press that he has signed for Sporting already!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
natalya,italy-holland who will win?
i hope italy,what do you think.
the joao pinto deal is not agreed yet,i heard it today....

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Who knows with Joao but I hope Italia beat Holland!! I want Italia to lift the trophy!

FORZA AZZURRI! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts