Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Asian fans of football ! I wish the Asian representatives the best of luck in the up-coming World Cup. Japan is a good team and Nakata is a excellent player. As for South Korea they seem to be very good as well ! Congratulations for China in reaching the games for the first time. It will definately be a memorable event for you whatever the result may be. As I said good luck and let me know how you think your teams will do. :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
thank you, lionheart... :)

my NT is china...i think they'll do fine...but i don't expect them to go through into the second round...but i expect them to give turkey and costa rica a tough time...i hope they get at least 2 points...but a win against costa rica and a draw against turkey would be wonderful... :) although i don't expect them to beat brazil... :(

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think China can win over Costa Rica but it remains to be seen how you will do against Turkey. I think you can give them a good fight and perhaps reach a draw. Good luck to your team, Carson35. Are you a fan of the Ice-Hockey team Edmonton Oilers? Your name leads me to believe this. :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
lionheart said:
I think China can win over Costa Rica but it remains to be seen how you will do against Turkey. I think you can give them a good fight and perhaps reach a draw. Good luck to your team, Carson35. Are you a fan of the Ice-Hockey team Edmonton Oilers? Your name leads me to believe this. :)
i personally don't think that we could beat turkey...however, nothing can happen...so u never know...but i expect china will try their best to win every game... :)

actually sometimes i do watch hockey...but not a big fan...i do know edmonton oilers...how come my name leads u to believe that i like them?? :confused: anyway, my team is the San Jose Sharks... :cool: because i live close to San Jose...so they are my team... :) how about u???

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carson35 said:

i personally don't think that we could beat turkey...however, nothing can happen...so u never know...but i expect china will try their best to win every game... :)

actually sometimes i do watch hockey...but not a big fan...i do know edmonton oilers...how come my name leads u to believe that i like them?? :confused: anyway, my team is the San Jose Sharks... :cool: because i live close to San Jose...so they are my team... :) how about u???
The NY Rangers is my team. One of the best players from Finland plays for SJ Sharks, Teemu Selänne. He was their best player this season! :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
just curious...why u like hockey so much??? u like hockey more or soccer more?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
welcome,finn.:)

the finn leaves a great impression on my mind.:cool: my fav F1 driver is Kimi Raikonnon,and also i have some very nice finn friends.the finland nation pleases me.;)

my china's a lucky babe this world cup.:) i dont count on a shock this time.to face the reality we are a bit far from our rivals in the WC group.ppl pin hopes on CostaRica match.although i was told their not better status,we still dont know them much.hard to predict before the match starts.as regards Turkey and Brazil,i think they 2 would be qualified.its a probable result.

am i too calm,carson?;) haha...im heating for spain.:heart:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
laoer , thank you for the kind words. :)

Räikkönen is a great driver & he might win the world championship in the future. Mika Häkkinen was also fantastic when he still drove.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thank u , friend from finland:)

finland is the most beautiful country in the world , hope one day I can have chance to have my holiday there;) :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
lionheart said:
laoer , thank you for the kind words. :)

Räikkönen is a great driver & he might win the world championship in the future. Mika Häkkinen was also fantastic when he still drove.

ah...i wish Kimi would do a great job.but seems this year is not his luck year.besides a second rank in early prix,he hasnt found the scores.:( hope the Mclaren's not his nightmare.well,i will still back him.he's too handsome that Shemi cant compare with.:D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bj2008 said:
Thank u , friend from finland:)

finland is the most beautiful country in the world , hope one day I can have chance to have my holiday there;) :)
Thanks a lot for the kind words, bj2008. I would also love to visit your city & maybe if I get tickets I might come see the Olympics in Beijing! I have heard a lot of positive things about China. Many say it's a beautiful country & your culture is very interesting. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
laoer said:

ah...i wish Kimi would do a great job.but seems this year is not his luck year.besides a second rank in early prix,he hasnt found the scores.:( hope the Mclaren's not his nightmare.well,i will still back him.he's too handsome that Shemi cant compare with.:D

I know, it's a shame to see him have such bad luck. I kind of miss the competition between Häkkinen & Schumi but Kimi's still young & he's a future GP winner. If I remember correct he came third already this season. Let's see how he does today in Monaco & hopefully Mika Salo will also have success today.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
no beautiful finnish girls' pics??? :eek::eek::tongue::crybaby::(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi Lionheart... great to see a finn supporting the Asian representatives..

As a Liverpool fan myself, I will support Finland in any tournement they play - as long as u r not playing England or Singapore

:)

Great Finns - Hyypia, Litmanen and Sjolund

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks B*O*S*H* ! I was really upset when China lost today to Costa Rica but I think Japan will beat Belgium. Japan has a really good team with stars like Ono & Nakata. My bet is that Japan will be the best of the Asian teams in this tournament.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
lionheart said:
Thanks B*O*S*H* ! I was really upset when China lost today to Costa Rica but I think Japan will beat Belgium. Japan has a really good team with stars like Ono & Nakata. My bet is that Japan will be the best of the Asian teams in this tournament.
Ya China is relatively inexperience ...you could see that they hurry their shots too much in the final moments

Japan will be up for it ... other than the two mentioned...they have two other good players in Inamoto (midfielder - Arsenal) and Kawaguchi (keeper - Portsmouth)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
S. Korea has a fantastic team. They showed this when they beat Finland in a friendly match & now they beat Poland 2-0!

I'd also like to add that the S. Korean fans are the best in the tournament! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts