Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thoguht it would be a good idea to open a thread like this...

Lemme start by giving some stats on our Armed Forces,the protector of the hellenes :)

Aircraft=505 (4th in the world)
Artilery=1901 (4th in the world)
Tanks=1723 (5th in the world)
ACVs=2141 (9th in the world)
Helicopters=20 (20th in the world)
Land Forces=116,000 (20th in the world)
Navy Forces=19,500 (22nd in the world)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Only 20 helicopters? I think there is something wrong... are you sure you haven't missed any zeros?

And where did you got this data with rankings and all?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Please post politics in the PD forum.

thanks

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
:wth:

Who gives a fvck about how many planes or helicopters we have? "Armed Forces"... Protectors of the hellenes my ass. A waste of time for Greek men and a waste of money generally. :yuck:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Instead of that title you could have named this topic simply "general discussions" or something :D

btw I agree with amoroso, army is a huge waste of time and money. Just imagine only half of the army's bugdet going somewhere else

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also some of those figues look a bit suspect. Greece has the 4th largest amount of tanks in the world? I guess that 1/2/3rd places go to USA,China,Russia but does that mean that Greece has more tanks than Poland, UK, Germany, France or Ukraine for example?
Anyway maybe this should be simply moved in the politics forum, if thats possible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why move the thread? We can rename it to something more general and discuss everything non-football here. Many forums here have similar threads

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats exactly right carpe-diem...

The stats are on www.nationmaster.com,quidam :)

Btw the rankins are for the world,but i realised they leave out China and USA in some of the lists whilst having them in other..? (marcus) We do have more tansk than UK,almost 150 more than Germnay tho etc.

Amoroso,you should show a bit more respect to our boys in the armed forces.My cousin included :)

Anywyas,this wasnt supposed to be a predominantly army thread lol.

who wer sending to eurovision this year :D

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats exactly right carpe-diem...

The stats are on www.nationmaster.com,quidam :)

Btw the rankins are for the world,but i realised they leave out China and USA in some of the lists whilst having them in other..? (marcus) We do have more tansk than UK,almost 150 more than Germnay tho etc.

Amoroso,you should show a bit more respect to our boys in the armed forces.My cousin included :)

Anywyas,this wasnt supposed to be a predominantly army thread lol.

Look who wer sending to eurovision this year :D

:heart:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
I have nothing against the "boys" in the armed forces. They are like me and you (well, I don't know if you will ever go to the army) but I have no respect for the army as an organisation and the way it sucks up money... :yuck:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so whos everybodys favourite greek singers??

The number 1 has to be PASXALIS TERZIS!!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Pao Arsenal

No way, mate! Number one greek singer of all times is magnificent Demis Roussos! ;)

and number two is probably Hadjitakis :howler:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i meant number 1 at the moment :D

You got Greek blood in u i assume?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Greek music :yuck:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If people out there still think Vandi's attractive count me in with the aliens. :groan:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts