Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pana are out because of the away goal rule :(. I heard Oli and Warzycha played together, but squandered a lot of chances. How did they do?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I saw the match.They weren't good.Warzycha was lost and Olisadebe lost some very good chances in front of Iraklis goalie Halkias.Also the second goal of PAO started from Oli who shooted,Halkias saved but then Lyberopoulos came to score the 2-0.

Iraklis played with heart and when PAO seemed to be tired they hit and made the golden 2-1.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
for anybody thats interested heres the quater-final draw

AEK V PAOK
Ethnikos Asteras V Iraklis :D
SKODA Xanthi V Aris
Olympiakos V Kalithea

first legs january 30-31 and second legs Feb 6-7

The cup is small fodder for that matter so is the league these days :D we have bigger fish to fry (ie CL :fero: ) but still Id like to add this trophy to the cabinet to wipe out memories of last years 4-2 thrashing at the hands of PAOK in the final, who can forget b/c one week later Georgatos refused a call up to the NT for a WC qualifier citing psychological damage b/c of the pumping at the hands of Paok :tongue:

·
Banned
15 Posts
THe thing i enjoyed most about Panathinaikos's elimination was that their former goalkeeper actually helped in therir demise.
The Iraklis keeper ( Halkias) had a very good game and made some crucial saves that kept Irakli in the tie. Halkias came to Iraklis as a package with 2 other Pana players and a ****load of money for the transer of Konstantinou from Irakli to Pana.....lol so far Konstantinou has beem a big flop, a waste of money and pana also lost 3 good players in the process....excellent management .....lol

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually I'd like to see Halkias starting for the NT. Nikopolidis just isnt good enough, Katergiannakis has lost his place at Aris and I just cant trust Ele. Halkias is having a great season, and honeslty, he has been one of the best for many years now. Its about time he gets credit and a chance with the NT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts