Xtratime Community banner

Greek Basketball

2K views 54 replies 10 participants last post by  Pera5 
#1 ·
Panathinaikos is now in the quater-final of Basketballs equivalent of the Champions Lague,the ''Euroleague''.
We will play turkish team,Efes Pilsen.

This season we won the Greek Cup and are currently top of the league :)

#2 ·
The 3 times European Champion Panathinaikos is now ready for the 4th crown :shades:

#3 ·
Also Makedonikos had an amazing return match against Hemofarm from Serbia in the ULEB Cup semi. They lost the first match in Serbia by 23 points but won in Greece by 31 I think it was.

Hope to see them win the final as well, great supporters!

#4 ·
Yes, Makedonikos did something unbelievable :eek: Everybody in Greece thought that after the first game it was all over but they manage to overcome 23 points!!
Anyway, I hope for them to win Uleb Cup cause they deserve it (and it will be just another trophy for Greece ;) ). Also we have Panathinaikos aiming at euroleague final-4.
Greece&Serbia rule in European basketball :thmbup:

#5 ·
Panathinaikos won today Efes Pilsen 102-96 :thmbup:
Another final-4 appearence is near

#6 ·
Lakovic was amazing for us,aswell as stoikovic.Alvertis and kutulay also got into double figures,the turks's 3 pointers coming at vital stages of the game.

Unfortunately the game will be remmebred for the action of the pitch...A referee decision to disallow a shot by Solomon (Efes) led to Efes' manager calling his players off the pitch!

When the players came back onto the pitch and the game restarted,the Efes bench disagracefully provoked our fans (middle fingers,swearing,''grey wolf'' signs-as if politics has something to do with basketball)

Ths stuff was done near,if not in front,of GATE13.They ofcourse reacted,throwing stuff at the Efes bench etc.

PAO 102-96 EFES

#8 ·
Turquality said:
there was a cyprus flag..why?
Panathinaikos has many fans in Cyprus

#9 ·
Cyprus is a 80% Greek populated country,so we can have as many Cypriot flags as we want :)

PAO also has many fan clubs in Cyprus,and thousands of Cypriots fans

#13 ·
Drulo

I have a pretty good grasp on slavic names ;)

#14 ·
Turquality said:
there was a cyprus flag..why?
Pao lost today but can you tell me why there were several flags of the illegaly occupied cyprus in a "basketball" game? Your sissy team was also complaining for 2-3 bottles in Athens from some brainless fans and yesterday in istanbull you had 12,000 "fans" throwing everything they had (even flares!) Not to mention disgusting pano's like "we fukked you in 1453" and "greece is part of turkey" :thmbdown:
Your coach was crying in Athens and today was like "so? nothing happened" Low-lives hypocrites. Be proud of those disgusting two-legged breathing creatures that you have for fans, I won't say that they are animals because it will add value to them..

See you in the Olympic City :finger: :devil:

#17 ·
To be fair, there are always Cyprus flags at Panathinaikos games, regardless of the opponents.

Anyway, doesn't matter. All Panathinaikos has to do is beat Efes at Athens and that's it. I just hope our own precious idiots don't go on a "revenge" kind of thing - they did enough stupidities in the first game.

I'm surprised not even Kutluay escaped the wrath of the morons in the stands. And he used to play for Efes, apart from being one of the best Turkish players. :wallbang:

#18 ·
Turquality said:
Efes Pilsen has many many fans
"Fans"? Cavemen and animals that have no place in sports is a better way to describe them

#19 ·
iihope nothing happens next thursday.If it does,Where will it all end?

Remember our boys are goign there 4th june.We need to all calm down,sometimes i feel as if Greeks and Turks are ''scorpios'' if you was to link horoscopes and countrys lol.Vindictivenss and thirst for revenge gets us nowhere in the long term tho.i shud know,im a scorpio personally

#20 · (Edited)
Pao Arsenal,Carpe Diem,Amorosso...and everyone around :) I've been reading posts since some time,almost two years. I "spy" on you two years now and i decided to join actively because for the first time i need to register and say something.Well,i didn't register to the forum to blame greek fans,no i won't do that..

But!

Remember first game in Athens,we saw big Cyprus Flag there and despite what you think that flag was all about politics. I respect PAO's Cypriot fans but this flag was not really needed there..It was there just because to provoke turkish fans who were watching the game on the TV and it succeed i must admit.It turned out badly in Istanbul..

You should not say Efes bench provoked your fans,its unfair because your fans were already provoked themselves and Efes players suddenly find themselves in the middle of the hostile atmosphere.

We Efes fans all watched this hostile acts against our team on TV. Newspapers published the news of the events there,TV Channels showed the pictures over and over again,under the circumstances you should not be surprised the hostile atmosphere in Istanbul.

When it comes to Turkish fans,i also have something to say..

I always hate "Istanbul since 1453" Banner,simply i find it faschist. And yes i also hate to see North Cyprus Flags in Abdi Ipekci Arena,because it has nothing to do with Basketball. Just provocative..

So,please be fair at this point and please don't make an effort to show your fans like an angel because they are not
Turkish fans neither.. :smileani:

We are aware that what we will face in Athens on Thursday,and I already start to worry about the game on 4th June.

Good luck..

#21 ·
the turks can throw anything they want at as ,it wont bother us one bit. yeah im sure the greek players are shaking at the knees. as for politics in sport the two are inseprable,they go hand in hand,since hitlers olympics,and moscow and los angeles boycotts,the steroid abuse of the usa and eastern block countries to win the propaganda war.sport is a reflexion of world conditions and human nature,old hatreds do not die,that is unless you forget history and the atrocities some nations have committed.
sport is an outlet for people to .to bring to light their greivances. greece and turkey will never be friends this is a fact, greeks will never trust turks,its that simple .we all just have to live with it.

#23 ·
Carpe Diem said:
"Fans"? Cavemen and animals that have no place in sports is a better way to describe them

Couple of things. I don't follow basketball at all (well casually at best) but I am suprised at the incidents with EFES fans. But accusing them oif being animals?? I'm sure they'll say something about a game with Aris in 1993 in Turin. Don't know if you remeber it but let's just say it wasn't pretty. Still got some video footage of it by the way. ;)

Having said that can you guys just talk about basketball? :confused:

#26 ·
Pera5 said:
So,please be fair at this point and please don't make an effort to show your fans like an angel because they are not
Of course they aren't angels. However, Efes made a fuss out of one bottle and threatened to leave the stadium while at Turkey there were thousands of bottles thrown on the pitch. Furthermore, while the vast majority of Greek press condemned that kind of behaviour and generally tried to relax the tension before this kind of match, the Turkish press seems hell-bent not only on building it up, but celebrating about the things that happen afterwards. THAT's the difference. And I'm quite sure we'll see the same thing happen in the football match between Turkey-Greece.

There are animals on both sides (correct term, someone who goes to the stadium only to make trouble is an animal). But at least we're not proud of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.