Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...this topic should irk some people, but I do not care. In portugal we have a whole lot of greedy players so I want to know....in your opinion which Balkan country produces the greediest players...aka... "CLUB S LUTS" players who change clubs the most...I think it is Yugoslavia....however Drulovic should be a role model for all players out there......

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
LOL, Marcoa you understand the danger if posting such a topic and answering "Yugo" right ??? However I have to agree with you..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I only know bulgarian players are not so greedy because many of them still have to be given money. And the Serbs that had to receive money from our clubs (i.e. Litera, for example) just turned that question on and broke their contracts while some bulgarian players still wait (some of them expect miracles).
PS: In this case I do not include teams like Levski, Lovetch, Locomotiv which are extremely rich for the Balkan standart, and their players get everything on time.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I'm a bit confused, I thought you meant greedy as in being a hog, not passing the ball to other players, but after giani's response it seems you meant "greedy for money"...
If it's the first, I don't really know, Yugoslavia has always had greedy players, (Ognjenovic comes to mind), but I'm not sure about the others...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think this is bull****.

Serbian players play all over the world,why love a team that its not your favorite anyway? why should Miha or Deki love Lazio or J.Stankovic love Mallorca or Djorovic love Celta? as far as I know these clubs were not their life-long dreams to play there and if they made a move they made it for the money and because they are proffesionals.Wasnt Mijatovic loyal to Real? he was because he always dreamt of playting there...

They are proffesionals and this crap about loyalty doesnt touch me at all.You should expect loyalty from a Spanish player for Real or a portuguese for Porto or from an italian for Lazio but NO! I dont expect loyalty from braziliand,yugoslavians,bulgarians or argentinians outside their country.Taking them as an examble is because these players play all over the world from Japan to MLS.Do you think Sa Pinto is loyal to Real Sociedad? do you thinki Abel Xavier cries when Everton looses? do you think Rui Costa has any big concern about Fiorentina? or doesPaulo Sousa pools his heart out for Parma? NO! they play for the money and because they are proffesionals.In fact,very few foreighners have loved the team they play for,Batigol and Mijatovic are too exambles.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

G

·
0 Posts
Well, in that case it is Yugoslavia. But every country has players like that :)

I sure as heck wouldnt mind sitting on a bench if somebody payed me millions of dolars to play in a beautiful city, would you? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts