Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greece-Denmark

The most crucial game of the whole group so far...if we win wel be very close to turkey and ukraine...if we lose we are as good as out.

U

·
0 Posts
What do you think about this match???? Danmark is a very good contra team but you are a good team too. If you play to offensive you will lose but if not i will say 45/55 to Danmark. This is not a easy match to tip...This is a most match for both teams as ukraine going strong(my favourite as you see)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
isnt this game in february?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Greece vs Denmark

Massive game coming up on the 9th of Febuary, one that could dictate whether we have a chance to finish 1st or not, and definately make a stride for 2nd.

The Karaiskaki stadium is sold out, tickets went very fast and we have a full 33,000 fans as the 12th man. They should be there in force supporting their team.

Denmark are a good away team and I expect a hard game. Definately will be tough, physical, low scoring tight affair.... I see a 1-0, 0-0 maybe 2-1 type of game. I don't care how it's done, all I know is a win here is huge.

Standings

Team - MP - Pts
Ukraine 5 - 11
Denmark 4 - 6
Turkey 5 - 6
Albania 4 - 6
Greece 4 - 5
Georgia 4 - 5
Kazakhstan 4 - 0

Other game on the day is Albania - Ukraine. Shevchenko is out with injury, and Albania have a very good home record. It will be a tough match. I see a draw. Game can also go either way. Lets hope for a good result for us.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I hope to see a victory for Greece, but like you said they are a very strong away team. They have proved it against Bosnia.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
If only Bosnia would have won that game! damn... you would have made it to the EC for the first time!

I wish u guys good luck!

Hopefully we will win also so we can maintain the group stable and make you guys a favour,also "Sheva" is injured so that saved us alot:) anyways the game can be watched at DSF(a german channel in Hotbird)

Does any channel that is not encrypted show the game for Grecee?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It'll be a tough game but we have to win if we are to stay in the hunt for qualification.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its gonna be a 33,000 sell out

tsiartas is out for us :( But Gronkjaer is also out for them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's gonna be a tough match.
Denmark suffers from the poor form of a lot of the key players. Thomas Gravesen, who has started his new life in Real Madrid quite well and Jon Dahl Tomasson, with two goals in the last match in Serie A, are the only two central players with reasonable form in the moment.

The Danish squad are without Jesper Grønkjær (suspension) and the injured captain Thomas Helveg, Martin Laursen and Claus Jensen.

Denmark will trust their own style of play and be comfortable with the fact that they are - excactly like Greece - a very well organised team.

And they haven't lost an away qualifier since August 1997 when they got trashed 0-3 in Bosnia.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Greece must win this game to have any chance at winning the group, also Albania must beat Ukraine which is not impossible now since Shevchenko will be out for them then that would make the group more interesting otherwise if Ukraine wins and makes it 14 pts its over.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It wouldnt be over,there would still be 8 games to go :)

.........................Nikopolidis

Seitaridis......Dellas.........Kapsis...........Fyssas

Stelios.....Katsouranis.....Zagorakis.......Karagounis

.................Vryzas.........Charisteas

Thats the expected line up

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Amanatidis, Kyriakos, and lakis will mosgtl ikely see some playing time aswell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good to see kyriakos in the squad :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Greece will win win 1-0.
Amantidis and Kyriakos deserve a call up but Lakis doesnt as he has not been playing for crystal palace..
Stoltidis should also be in the squad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeh agreed, stoltidis definately needs to be there although i dont know if he will get playing time with katsouranis, basinas and zagorakis in the squad...

i thought lakis did get a few games at CP

1 - 20 of 66 Posts