Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
That I've actually seen in a live match and not some highlight package on a tape:

What a save by Safehands.

·
Registered
472 Posts
fallenzero17 said:
Rene Higuita with Scorpion-liked move...save by both feet...can't remember what match though...
The move was great but it wasn't a real save and it was a friendly I think.
3 fantastic saves are:
1) Gregory Coupet against Rivaldo at Nou Camp
2) Dida vs Van der Vaart at San Siro (last minute save) last season
3) Buffon vs Inzaghi in CL final

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
The whistle had also gone when Scummer Jamie Redknapp took the shot for a foul so Higuita could afford to cock it up. Seaman's is one of the best as is Peter Schmeichel's against Rapid Vienna in the CL groups a couple of years back

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
definetly seamansIMO not because he played in Arsenal, just because it was going in, i thought it was in, and he didnt let it go in.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
DavidSilk24 said:
The whistle had also gone when Scummer Jamie Redknapp took the shot for a foul so Higuita could afford to cock it up. Seaman's is one of the best as is Peter Schmeichel's against Rapid Vienna in the CL groups a couple of years back
Yes, the ref has blown the whistle (apparently for an infringement) before Redknapp struck the ball, but it was still a piece of audacious goalkeeping by Higuita :shades:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Amazingly I can't get one by Iker. Perhaps he made some classic saves, but we don't notice as we get used to his superb saves. None of his jobs is particularly classic since all his is classic. :proud::shades: But I never want to see his save which imply our not-so-good defence. :googly:
il_capitano said:
3) Buffon vs Inzaghi in CL final
This and the one by Seaman above though I don't like them at all. Two bastards :yuck:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
fallenzero17 said:
Rene Higuita with Scorpion-liked move...save by both feet...can't remember what match though...
i think it was some international game. someone told me it was planned or something?

but it wasnt a good save, (depends on your definition)

that was a really EASY save, it was straight at him, even if you but a fat lard with no reflex, it wouldnt require him to move.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Pagliuca made a miracle save against (I forgot the opponents) in Serie A during his Inter days. The ball took a deflection and Pagliuca was in already in mid-air diving in the opposite direction, yet he still managed to stretch out his arm and deflect the ball for a corner. :star: Amazing cat-like reflexes :star:

·
Registered
786 Posts
i must say that Buffon vs Inzaghi in CL final save was one of the best saves that i have seen under such pressure!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
1) Gordon Banks v Pelé
2) Dida against VDV in Milan _Ajax /Sept 2003 (already gone to the opposite side of the goal, already on the picth, manages to save a VDV shoot from 5 meters going to the other side of the goal.. :eekani: )
3) Buffon vs Inzaghi
4) Kahn in some CL match
5) Zoff against Brazil WC1982 in the last minutes (for the amazing pressure and the short distance)
I can speak for the images i've actually watched

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
These foreign 'keeper's, always punching the ball :rolleyes: :D.

For the record, Andy Goram versus Pierre van Hooijdonk in the mid-90's. Point blank from about 5 yards out. None of you will have seen it, but it was truly breathtaking. Brilliant game as well, which ended 3-3.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Gordon Banks - That was one heck of an unbelievable piece of amazing reflexes and reaction! :star: :shades:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts