Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without a doubt...i think its maradona for all the fame he won at napoli and how he transferred their team while he was at his peak. other mentions go to platini, zoff, baresi. the serie A player of the 90's is obviously roberto baggio.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Maradona, of course. I think that he greatest of the 1990's is Paolo Maldini.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Maradona without a doubt the greatest player ever..

He transformed a very mediocre Napoli team, into a winning team, twice serie a chmapions, and when they dind't win they´d end up second place, he won Copa Uefa and copa Italia...

Simply the best..

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Sure lets overlook the player of the century......BARESI!

not to mention Maldini who broke into the team at age 16 and never looked back......

its not all bout the flashiest player.....attacks win games, defenses win scudetti.

My votes

Baresi
Maldini
Baggio
Van Basten
Maradono

Lav

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lav...i guess ur ac milan bias is kicking in with baresi, no problem ;)

but roberto baggio was absolutely sublime...brilliant on all levels of football, on international level he spearheaded italy's attack in 1990 and 1994, and scored over 20 many times, and not always with great teams. at brescia he has done quite well too. he still has the talent left in him, but with vieri, inzaghi, montella etc. around i dont think trap really wants him.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Well Baresi was probably the best defender ever so it might make some sense in mentioning him.
I think Maradona though, he was more amazing than anyone and is the main reason that I admire Napoli.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i agree, baresi was the best defender of all time in the serie A. maldini was the best defender of the 90's, and the best defender in recent times is of course the master...ALESSANDRO NESTA.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well the great franco is the best italian defender of all time, and the world title is disputable...;)

Maldini has been so influntial that he made the italian team of the century!

Maradona propelled Napoli to something, but then again so did Van Basten with milan and even Baggio did in his first 8 games with Bresica...as they were in CL contention

Lav

·
Registered
429 Posts
Diego Maradona for showing his footballing genius in naples.
Franco Baresi for his consistent strength in milan's defence.
Roberto Baggio for his creativity and sublime touch always.
Maldini because he is now a living legend.
Batisituta for the magic and mythical proportions that he enchanted the florentines with.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I haven't seen decades of Serie A and I just missed out on Van Basten and Gullit. So my choices are Zidane and Del Piero, not terribly surprising surely... :D

From the ones mentioned, Batistuta deserves a mentioning ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
The greatest player in the serie A ever=van basten!........................best players of the 90s r probably.......baggio,weah and boban..............whoever said del piero needs 2 get some rest!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts