Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is the grestest? from the past to now!?
Rush?? Barnes?? Owen?? Flower?
Ruddock? McManaman ? or Berger??

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Keegan,Dalghlish and Rush...

As for the curent team,Michael Owen and Sami Hyypia are the best among our squad.

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rush is probably the player with the msot flair i've ever seen!!!!
he may have been leading scorer for many yrs in the league but i guess most of them are from close-ups and rebounds!!!
but at least he does scirea lot and that's is what counts and most immportant!!!

i like john barnes too....
not to forget alan hansen,bruce grobelaar and others....goosh that bruce was a real clown!!!but at least he was a real gd keeper and till now...only westerfeld seems to match him alittle bit...

of the present squad i would say owen ,hyypia,gerard and hamann are the best!!

berger,henchoz,song ,heggem and some others are gd players too!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
best keeper - Clemence.
best defender - Hanson.
best midfielder - McManaman (bias creeping in here)
best attcker - Ian Rush.

best manager - mmmmmm I wonder - Shanks!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best ever player has to be dalglish. With Rush or Hansen close behind. But this then leaves out players from the

70's : Keegan, Kennedies, Hughes, Clemence, Neal

80's : Barnes, Beardsley, Grobeelaar, Nicol

90's: Fowler, Owen ,Hypipa

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Surely the 90's should include McManaman and Redders.
How can you include Hypia after half a season - that is bizzare. Surely he should be in the 00's if anything.
Couldn't agree more with Fowler though.
Aldridge should also get a look in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All time L'pool team:
Clemence
Neal Thompson (Phil) Hansen Lawler
Callaghan Souness McDermott Kennedy (R)
Rush Dalglish

To play

Grobb.
Nicol Yeats Lawrenson Hughes
Liddell Whelan Molby Barnes
Keegan Hunt

Subs:
Lawrence
Smith
Kennedy (A)
McMahon
Fowler
Aldridge
St John

Who'd win?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have some great players but IMHO the best I have seen is Kenny Dalglish .
Pure class , the man was a genius .

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Callaghan for sheer longevity and consistent class. Dalglish for skill. After that there's a huge list of greats.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
from past to now?
it should be one player i guess...
my choice would be kenny dalglish, like most of u said, he's genius...
there's no one EPL player like him untill now... i love liverpool because of him!

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
So where does Luis Suárez now rank alongside the likes of Kenny Dalglish, Steven Gerrard, Graeme Souness, John Barnes, Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, Billy Liddell, Ray Clemence, Terry McDermott... ?

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Give it five or ten years, and he won't make it into the top 10. He's never really won us anything, stayed too briefly just like Torres, and had too many controversies in his baggage.

But - saying this without having had the pleasure of watching the likes of Kenny and Barnes play - he is the most talented footballer I've ever seen wearing a red shirt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Give it five or ten years, and he won't make it into the top 10. He's never really won us anything, stayed too briefly just like Torres, and had too many controversies in his baggage.

But - saying this without having had the pleasure of watching the likes of Kenny and Barnes play - he is the most talented footballer I've ever seen wearing a red shirt.
Personally I think Keegan and Barnes had more natural talent but Suarez is an awesome player, not sure if he will drop out of the top 10 though.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Best player ever is Luis Suarez, came to Anfield for 21M pds. will probably be sold for 4 times that amount, none of the guys in your list come even close. They are just greats in your little world.

Being banned for 9 games and still scored 31 goals and EPL record, great passes, most assisted and made god players look great like Sterling and Sturrige. Not having Suarez next season will make most of them back to being $hit again. Suarez had the Maradona personality, football genious and Barca knows that becuse El Diego played there thats why they are willing to pay BIG.
Suarez and Maradona scored a brace to send England back home, that alone take some balls and for me thats the reason behind most of the hate against LS this time. Just imagine Suarez being english would Liverpool even consider to sell him to a team in Spain.

·
Registered
9,744 Posts
Best player ever is Luis Suarez, came to Anfield for 21M pds. will probably be sold for 4 times that amount, none of the guys in your list come even close. They are just greats in your little world.

Being banned for 9 games and still scored 31 goals and EPL record, great passes, most assisted and made god players look great like Sterling and Sturrige. Not having Suarez next season will make most of them back to being $hit again. Suarez had the Maradona personality, football genious and Barca knows that becuse El Diego played there thats why they are willing to pay BIG.
Suarez and Maradona scored a brace to send England back home, that alone take some balls and for me thats the reason behind most of the hate against LS this time. Just imagine Suarez being english would Liverpool even consider to sell him to a team in Spain.
:howler:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts