Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ODI series between South Africa and Australia tied at 2-2 going into today's match.

5th ODI - Johannesburg - SOUTH AFRICA.

Australia scored a world record 434 runs in the first innings off 50 overs (300 balls). That was the most runs scored ever by the team batting first.

South Africa successfully and astonishingly chase the score with 1 ball remaining in a world record chase!! :eekani: Bravo South Africa. :star:

Most sixes ever hit in a cricket match i.e. 28! :eekani:

Most boundaries hit in a cricket match i.e. 87! :eekani:

Almost 900 runs scored in a day!

Brilliant batting by Ponting, Gilchrist, Hussey and Symonds at the death! :cool:

Brilliant batting by Gibbs, Smith and important contributions from the rest of the South African batsmen. :shades: 9 men out with 2 balls to go and they win it on the second last ball of the day!

This game will go down as the Greatest ODI in the history of cricket. No match comes close to this one! It was entertainment from ball 1 to the second last ball.

Australian bowler LEWIS goes into the record book for conceding 113 runs for no wickets in his 10 overs at an astonishing 11.3 runs per over! :howler: He beat Muralitharan's recent record of conceding 99 in 10 overs for no wicket in the third final of the recently concluding triangular in Australia vs. Australia.

There's a good chance that you won't see a ODI game like this ever again. :cool: :shades: What a match! What a maatchhh!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Unbelievable!! I went to bed after the Australian innings thinking I have just witnessed the best OD innings of all time!

Then I wake up this morning and was watching the morning news and almost choked on my Coco Pops on hearing the result!! South Africa win by one wicket!

Congrats to South Africa I guess. However we will pummel you in the five day stuff. :jester:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Couldn't believe it, I saw it when Australia we're on 400, and well like everyone else for that was the game won, unbelieveable performance from the South Africans.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The innings played by Herschelle Gibbs is the best ODI knock of all-time IMO as Darragh questioned earlier.

Going into bat knowing that you are chasing more than a mountain of a score with 1 man out early and maintaining a superb run-rate throughout is something really special!! Awesome batting display under intense pressure!

175 off a 111 balls is the stuff of legend! Ponting's innings was master-class and to top that the same day in the second innings is really special.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
:star: for South Africa. The verbal clashes going between the two teams really spiced everything off. Just a day back Warne arrived in South Africa for tests and said something like 'Smith has to check out his own form before spouting something against us'.

and the same was going during the match between Smith and Ponting and for once I thought that making Ponting mad at this stage is not a very good idea.

but a fantastic fantastic reply. Roller Coaster ride. If Ntini had been out, it would've been the most pitiful moment in cricket history.

·
Registered
931 Posts
nEEbz said:
:star: for South Africa. The verbal clashes going between the two teams really spiced everything off. Just a day back Warne arrived in South Africa for tests and said something like 'Smith has to check out his own form before spouting something against us'.

and the same was going during the match between Smith and Ponting and for once I thought that making Ponting mad at this stage is not a very good idea.

but a fantastic fantastic reply. Roller Coaster ride. If Ntini had been out, it would've been the most pitiful moment in cricket history.
warney also said they were the worst SA team to come to australia,he totaly gave it to him haha

i think we can say that gibbs is the most unpredictable cricketer out there,strange bloke..and ill take your word Haroon on it being the greatest ODI knock!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Watched the highlights last night...WOW!!!! some of the shots Gibbs was pulling of were unreal.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
the pitch was flat as fuk, Freddy would have scored 300 just himself. :stuckup:
the boundaries also looked short, Freddie and Pietersen would have got a six every time they hit the ball :D

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
You've gotta worry with this Australian attack. And scores in the Pura Cup (the domestic competition) always seem to be high lately. What the hell is going on, there cold be serious problems down the track.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I suppose for the next few years our side is going to be consistently posting scores of well over 300 so it's just a matter of defending that. Of course NZ nearly chased down 330 or something falling a few runs short in game 2 but in game 3 they actually did chase down 332 or somehing which was the record for a chase until SA broke it.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
devesh said:
Hi guys. I was at the game. It was amazing. Hands were sore from all the clapping.
You witnessed history in the making Live. :cool: Lucky man :) :thumbsup: The atmosphere looked amazing on television.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Adriano said:
Well see what happens when the real sh*t starts South Africa already on the ropes in the first test.
Yeah there in a bit of a mess, you should never get too excited untill both teams have batted though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts