Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Roald Kniksen

Votes: 3 11.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. My project has finished it's first leg, now we've reached the second which is to find the best overall Nordic player :). I've only brought in the number ones, which has left out wonderful players like Brolin, Elkjær, Schmeichel, Ravelli and many other legends. But instead of being sad about that, let's salute the best ever Nordic player.

Who got your vote :)?

Daniel

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I voted for Laudrup, because he just like Nordahl has been a big figure in Italian football, though Gunnar was much more succesful. Those were different times though, and Laudrup was extremely succesful in Spain aswell as all other places he's been. Another factor is Michael's NT career which was extremely impressive. He was one of the big stars in Mexico 86, up to the WC98 in France, says alot IMO :).

He made football into an art, and I'm sure everyone remembers his goal against Uruguay, or at least knows of it from video clips;
memorable

Now he's being loved for being such a calm, intelligent and funny man, and there's no doubt in my mind him and Elkjær make just as excellent a couple off the pitch as they did on the pitch. Too bad Michael will be in Japan, so that we won't hear his well argumented expert opinions in the magic month of June :).

Daniel

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I voted Laudrup too...he was just amazing player.:)

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I voted for Roald "Kniksen" Jensen whom I assume dboy is talking about :D

Laudrup came in a close second, but Kniksen is a legend.
There will never be anyone like him :proud:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I voted for Laudrup as we

This guy had it all and he even succeded in some of the biggest clubs in Europe, he was even elected as the 10th best player in Real Madrid, EVER!!!. Truely one amazing player!

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
I voted Laudrup too.

The arguments have already been posted by DBOY, so no need for me to repeat them :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Hard choice I would honestly say that this is between Litmanen & Laudrup I voted for Litmanen but mainly cause he is Finnish. :D

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
lionheart said:
Hard choice I would honestly say that this is between Litmanen & Laudrup I voted for Litmanen but mainly cause he is Finnish. :D
Yep I guess, I would have done the same. Oh and I did:D!

...voting for a countryman;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Laudrup.

Guess I have nothing to add - his time in Barca was out of this world. Will never forget his pass to Romario where Laudrup looks the other way and chips the ball in to Romario who lobs it over the keeper. Almost the same goal where Ebbe Sand scores against Nigeria WC 98 1/4 finals - also an out of this world pass from Laudrup.

And now it's official - he will come back to his old club, Brøndby, as a coach.

I am in heaven. The best player Denmark ever produced will be the coach of my fave team!

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Congratulations to Laudrup, he truly was a great player. I don't think he was that much better than the rest of the best Nordic players, but it was still a deserved win.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know, I voted for him aswell, but unfortunetly there were only room for one of each country, so naturally Preben didnt defeat Laudrup...

But Micheal Laudrup has to be the best nordic player through time, in my book. Maybe even the best in europe :undecide: ...but thats a whole other thread :tongue:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I would have voted for Brolin but as he didnt came this far I voted on Laudrup...
A player a truly love :)
He got it all...

(...just like Brolin :) )

·
Registered
765 Posts
Brolin was a great player. But his attitude wasn't that good. The way he ended his career as a fat burned out star didn't do him much credit as well - Laudrup ended with a defeat against Brasil in the 1/4 finals at the WC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts