Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think the greatest goalkeeper of all times is?

For me(and i guess for most), it's without a shadow of a doubt LEV YASHIN.... :proud::proud:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
In historical order my choices:
Ricardo Zamora
Lev Yashin
Andreas Köpke
Quim ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yashin - now and forever. A great goalkeeper with everything - able to stop shots near and far, distribute short and long from hand, brave and so imposing that the goal seemed to shrink behind him. He was also hero and a real sportsman - a gentleman with charisma and class and the one held in highest esteem by the players. The greatest.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I would say from what people have told me Lev Yashin, other than that I would have to go from those keepers I have seen

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Pat Jennings was great and deserves a mention, he was at one of my football presentations one year, he has HANDS !

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
lev yashin from what my dad tells me WOW !!

·
Registered
239 Posts
im not old enougbt to have seen him play, but my list would be something like

1. Lev Yashin
2. Man UTd's Great Dane
3. Zoff
4. Zamora

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Vitor Baia anyone? Nah, just kidding ;) Now, if one player on earth was overrated ... :D

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Dino Zoff amongst the Legends !! :star: sure there is Yashin but Zoff should be mentioned also... he was unbeaten for like 1100 minutes in early 70s

·
Registered
68,359 Posts
I've ever seen Yashin play really, but what made him great was that he was an innovator. He was pretty much the first goalie to take command of the penalty box.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My suspect is... how many of you have ever watched Yashin's footage. Everyone knows his records and milestone. I'm more interested in Zamora though...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have watched Yashin's footage. What I've seen is pretty impressive, to say the least.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reason of me opening this thread, is the huge impression i got from watching some of his old footages. I knew that on based on statistics he was the best, but after seeing his miraculous saves in 66 and Melbourne olympics, I had no doubts left...

Hail the greatest keeper of all times!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts