• Stig-Göran Myntti

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going towards the poll about who the greatest Nordic player of all times is, but before reaching this goal, we must find out who the greatest ever Finnish player is. Lionheart gave me this list of players; I hope no other Finns feels any have been left out.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I voted for Litmanen, with my other main candidate being Hyppiä. The reason why I chose Litmanen, other than him being a tottaly fantastic player, whom I wish played regular as he's proving he deserves with Ajax, is that Jari won the CL-throphy before anyone had heard of Hyppiä. He's a living legend, who I'd love to see back at Ajax, because legends shouldn't be benched :).

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I voted for Aulis Rytkönen but I was also thinking of voting for Ari Hjelm & Gunnar Åström as they are two of the best all-time goal scorers in the Finnish NT. Mika-Matti Paatelainen is also a fantastic player. I must say this was a hard choice. I guess everyone else only knows Hyypiä & Litmanen besides the Finns that is. Who voted for Paatelainen?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jari Litmanen, no doubt about it. Players like Hjelm and Paatelainen sure have scored a bunch of goals for our NT, but I think that they are far behind Litmanen. What have they accomplished in a club level? Litmanen was the top-scorer in CL and one of the main reasons why Ajax won the Champions League. He was also voted as the third best player in Europe. Litti is also our NT's leading scorer together with Hjelm despite the fact that he has played as an attacking midfielder. If we counted the goals he has assisted as well he would be in his own class. I must admit that I've never seen players like Tolsa or Rytkönen play but Litmanen was so unbeleviable in the mid-90s that I really don't believe they were as good as him. And the best is that we can still see Litti showing pieces of his old magic..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Looks like Litmanen is the clear winner here. I find it quite odd that Hyypiä hasn't received any votes.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I voted Sport FM guru Atik Ismail.:)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Can`t be anyone else than Scandinavias Maradona, Jari Litmanen, can it?

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Yakubu said:

Scandinavias's Maradona. That could also be Michael Laudrup:)
And Brolin.

Anyway, my vote went for MR.Litmanen :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
30 or something.

It would definitely be great if he'd move back to Ajax. Maybe already for next season:hopefull::D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts