Xtratime Community banner

Greatest ever EE military leader?

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
"History" is a joke...Sv. Stefan Veliki was a Serb vojvoda...his father was Bogdan, first wife Maruška...Moldavian/Vlach revisionism is obviously accepted by the mainstream but reality is different...

Skenderbeg real name Đurađ Kastriotić...family was Serb nobility...his mother was Vojsava, siblings Staniša, Kosta, Jelena, Mara, Anđelija, Vlajka etc...when he came back from the jannisaries he obviously was opportunistic enough to "forget" his roots...

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Yes, everybody historical figure in EE was really a Serb or a Slav

Come on man. I definitely believe there are plenty of inaccuracies and myths based on BS, but don’t think that applies completely to both of those figures.

paging @forestasuceava

One thing I do find strange is how Skenderbeg’s story is similar to that of the Vlad Tepes...

Next you guys are gonna say Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave) was a Serb :D

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
"History" is a joke...Sv. Stefan Veliki was a Serb vojvoda...his father was Bogdan, first wife Maruška...Moldavian/Vlach revisionism is obviously accepted by the mainstream but reality is different...

Skenderbeg real name Đurađ Kastriotić...family was Serb nobility...his mother was Vojsava, siblings Staniša, Kosta, Jelena, Mara, Anđelija, Vlajka etc...when he came back from the jannisaries he obviously was opportunistic enough to "forget" his roots...

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
So everything is Moldavian/Vlach revisionism then? No notable vlach / aromanian figures existed in history? What about Serb revisionism? But that’s not a thing right, because you say so... lol

Not to say you’re wrong about everything, but really.. hell, everyone believes / believed in false shit, just a matter of degree.. what can we say truly happened with conviction, to what extent is the evidence regarding events that transpired available? And how many secondary sources are there, and could those have been falsified altered? primary sources for things like this are more rare but the best form of evidence.. hard to imagine ‘evidence’ not being tampered with over history though, and they say the victors usually get to tell the story.. nowadays at least harder to deny history as it happens on social media and recorded on video.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Both of them are contenders but if you count Czechs as EE, then I nominate the great Jan Žižka.

Maybe I'll do a write up about him as well.

Medieval (2020) - IMDb My expectations are rock bottom because of how inaccurate and cheesy historical movies generally are but one can hope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts