Xtratime Community banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I don't know your age, but I'm guessing you're a bit younger than I...
I'm 22, so yeah, I'm a bit younger :D

For me, Rivaldo was something special when I was a kid. He was the only player I really emulated on the pitch. The dark years were awful and I, like the rest of us, was always desperately looking at Rivaldo to do something.

And you're right, as you grow older you become distant. I expect this too, but I'm not 29 yet and I'm still younger than most players on the team so I can still have idols for a while. :D

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
It's going to be Messi in a few years, and it won't be close if he continues like this.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
An interesting fact to me is that Thiago shares Paulino's surname, Alcantara. Hope he can do great things as well for the club.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I never saw him play Live but Cryuff has done more as a player a manager and a person as anyone in my opinion.

Other than that I will go with Stoichkov.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
No love for Bernd Schuster? The guy was seriously incredible during his (relatively) short stay.

[tub]N-fxzPc8jKI[/tub]

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I don't mean to sound disrespectful but having watched the video of the previous page Kubala's style looks really weird. :scared:

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
I don't mean to sound disrespectful but having watched the video of the previous page Kubala's style looks really weird. :scared:
Yeah his style looks really orthodox. The defenders must've been scared to death :howler:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
14 posts 14 new threads. :howler:

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Productive little fellow, considering he has United listed as his favorite team.

Different generations, different greats. Cruyff is up there as is Kubala. Messi certainly will be up there aswell.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Kubala and Messi at the moment, with Messi gaining more and more ground. He'll be undisputed in a few years as our best ever. :star:

Xavi deserves a call here as well, so does Migueli, both for commitment. :proud:

Best generation of all time is obviously the one we are fortunate to witness: Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi. :happy:

How about a poll by the way? :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I find it weird when people mention players as the greatest they never saw live and only have seen some shady youtube clips of/

Is it not simpler to say; 'these are the greatest I have seen in my time watching Barcelona'?

The best I have seen actually play in my time watching Barcelona was Messi, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho. I can't comment before that because I have not watched full games in the 90s 80s and before...

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
We had players like Kubala, Cruyff, Maradona, Hristo, Hagi, Rivaldo but it's totally up to what they done @ the club. I mean Hagi was almost 0 for the club while players like Rivaldo for example may not be in the top of list of the world but what they done great @ club level, they did it here. So who is the player who is greatest and has done * and will probably do the great things * at Barca that is and will top the list of all history?
Our small Lion :D.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Messi is. In fact, he is the greatest footballer of all time. IMO of course.

PS This could change if he got injured :(

·
oic
2,378 Posts
Maradona (Greatest player of all time, but how much did he do at Barca?)

Cruyff

Ronaldo (Absolutely phenomenal, his best years were at Barca)

Romario

Rivaldo (That hat trick against Valencia, they should make a film out of that)

Ronaldinho (The man, who when motivated puts C.Ronaldo and Messi into a very large shadow)

Figo (Lol maybe this is going to get some negative remarks, but aside fromt the transfer, where do you rate Figo?)

Hagi

Stoichkov

Koeman

Guardiola

Messi (The current 2nd best player in the world)

Iniesta (The best player in world football imo)

Xavi

Eto'o (Have you had a better goal scorer?)

and so many more

Question posed to the more INTELLIGENT Barcelona fans, who know a lot about the history and its players

Who in your opinion was the greatest Barcelona player of all time?

Or perhaps a countdown list of the 10 greatest Barcelona players of all time and why?

I am very curious as to where Ronaldinho and Messi would come in such a list, if they do at all that is

👍
Messi

41 - 59 of 59 Posts