Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maradona (Greatest player of all time, but how much did he do at Barca?)

Cruyff

Ronaldo (Absolutely phenomenal, his best years were at Barca)

Romario

Rivaldo (That hat trick against Valencia, they should make a film out of that)

Ronaldinho (The man, who when motivated puts C.Ronaldo and Messi into a very large shadow)

Figo (Lol maybe this is going to get some negative remarks, but aside fromt the transfer, where do you rate Figo?)

Hagi

Stoichkov

Koeman

Guardiola

Messi (The current 2nd best player in the world)

Iniesta (The best player in world football imo)

Xavi

Eto'o (Have you had a better goal scorer?)

and so many more

Question posed to the more INTELLIGENT Barcelona fans, who know a lot about the history and its players

Who in your opinion was the greatest Barcelona player of all time?

Or perhaps a countdown list of the 10 greatest Barcelona players of all time and why?

I am very curious as to where Ronaldinho and Messi would come in such a list, if they do at all that is

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I missed Laudrup
Kubala?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Messi... I know its early but.. Messi for me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah, a player who play one game, dont play the next.

2008/2009
Player Goal Assist
Xavi 16 34
Iniesta 9 16

Iniesta still needs to get better... and he will. Last season, Messi played almost 1000 minutes more than him, and Xavi like 1500 mins more.

Messi 42 18

To the question:
Best player question is difficult. For the olders, who had seen everything from then, they would say Kubala.
He was some sort of Suarez for Inter. He was a reason to build Camp Nou. He was better than 'the best mandrilista player of all times' but there were no "champions league" when Kubala.
For me, i say will be Messi.

Most of you underrate Maradona.
He was gone thanks to the referees.

Check carefully this video:
Barça 2 - Real Madrid 1 (Copa 1982/1983)
Check the assholes (assholes=madridistas) trying to kill him without geting cards (always looking for his left foot, like they did one year ago).
Also, in that game, he got a clear goal neglected. Playing against the assholes has 'never been easy', not because their "football" what, in fact, is just shit.

Another game, when the "Bilbao butcher" breaks Maradona left leg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8_JYHtvTS8
Not a card for the assasin, ....
He is the number 1 from the list of Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2215721.ece
Maradona searched another life away from the assasins and the assholes, and fled to Italy. Great move, because in Spain he would be injured for the World Cup Mexico '86.

In italia you have Juve, but they got punished this decade, not the same with the Spanish team of divers (C Ronaldo, Raul, ...) and pigs (Pepe, Marcelo, ...). Also, remember, in the "Champions Final of thieves" Juve vs Assholes 1997, Assholes won thanks to an offside goal from Gominas.
REMEMBER: Juve is nothing compared to the thievery of the assholes.

[tub]iKLZmb1IINM[/tub]

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I was under the impression that Ronaldo only played one season in Barca. ;)

Players like Hagi, Romario, Maradona and Ronaldo are all all time legends but they didn't do it for Barca.

I'm old but I'm not old enough to remember Cruyff as a player. Looking at his career stats you get more impressed by his Ajax years. He did really well also for Barca of course and is a complete legend.

Right now it's hard to tell. But if you look at Messi you can see that he's soon eclipsed guys like Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Cruyff and Figo in appearances, assists and goals. And the guy is only 22!

In another 5 years this question will not even be asked.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
I´d say greatest player for Barca has to be Kubala, the reason we built Camp Nou:proud:

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
Dragan Ćirić.

·
Registered
317 Posts
All the goalkeepers we've had between Zubi and Valdés. Names like Busquets, Baía, Hesp, Dutruel, Bonano, Rüstü... It almost didn't matter how good our offensive unit were, the goalkeepers always found new ways ruin our games.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Why would you put Hagi on that list? Brilliant player but hardly merits a mention when you consider his Barca exploits. He arguably played better for Real Madrid than Barca and even his Madrid career was nothing to be proud of.

Probably add Laudrup in there, Kubala is a must...Suarez?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Bogarde.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Maradona (Greatest player of all time, but how much did he do at Barca?)

Cruyff

Ronaldo (Absolutely phenomenal, his best years were at Barca)

Romario

Rivaldo (That hat trick against Valencia, they should make a film out of that)

Ronaldinho (The man, who when motivated puts C.Ronaldo and Messi into a very large shadow)

Figo (Lol maybe this is going to get some negative remarks, but aside fromt the transfer, where do you rate Figo?)

Hagi

Stoichkov

Koemen

Guardiola

Messi (The current 2nd best player in the world)

Eto'o (Have you had a better goal scorer?)

and so many more

Question posed to the more INTELLIGENT Barcelona fans, who know a lot about the history and its players

Who in your opinion was the greatest Barcelona player of all time?

Or perhaps a countdown list of the 10 greatest Barcelona players of all time and why?

I am very curious as to where Ronaldinho and Messi would come in such a list, if they do at all that is

:thumbsup:
Ok.. i'm gonna rip this post to shreds for the fun of it.. and just because i haven't done that in a while. Definitely one of those people who just wanted to try and press "New Topic" for a change.

The thought process of the person who typed this post: "I should make a topic more often. why do i always reply to ones already made... hmm the Barca forum gets a lot of visitors.. let me see how many replies i can get"

You call out for the more intelligent Barcelona fans yet your post lacks substance and reeks with ignorance... how do you expect us to take you seriously when you just throw around a bunch of names, comment on a few, leave out greats like Xavi, misspell Koeman, and not know that Ronaldo only spent 1 season with Barca.

you're one of those people who know Rivaldo only for his hattrick, you say Maradona is the best of all time but propose the question of how much he did for Barca, well the same goes for Hagi.. why did you leave him out? That's because you probably heard that same Maradona argument from your local ignorant tv commentator and chose to repeat it here.

Iniesta the best in the world? nobody loves iniesta more than cules but even we wont claim that. what have you been smoking? Oh you're one of those people who saw Iniesta's chelsea goal and chose to randomly appoint him as best in the world simply because you want some attention.. to be different.. or you read some random goal.com article that claims he is the world's best and once again chose to repeat it here.

what the hell is a "Koemen"? plural of Koeman?

"Figo, lol that will draw some negative comments". You're a one phrase to one football player kind of fan, a stereotyping mess who desperately wants to belong to something.. anything.

Rivaldo= Valencia hattrick
Figo= Transfer to Barcelona
Ronaldo= Absolutely phenomenal... phenomenon has been used before.. try creative 101
Messi= 2nd best .. just because i wanna be different
Iniesta= best in the world.. that will get more replies.. controversy will make arguments and my topic will be a success

Ronaldinho puts Messi into the shadow when motivated... dumb statement of the year. Very easy to throw around labels like that because every time Ronaldino plays like shit you can say "oh he wasn't motivated".

and yes there has been a better goal scorer than Etoo in the history books. Try checking them out before you post ignorance.

and why the hell did you thumbup yourself at the end of that post?

here's another one :thumbsup: it's a pity they don't make a smiley of your rear end to shove the thumbsup along with your entire post into.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Silly me, I forgot about Oleguer. Now it's a toss-up between him, Henry and Petit.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts