Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to compile a european great goals video and would greatly appreciate any recommendations so I can track the footage down. I already have an extensive collection under consideration but no doubt there are many brilliant goals from the various domestic leagues over the last few years that deserve to be included. Any kinds of quality goals would be a help. Thanks

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
At least half of Romàrio`s 1993/94 goals should be there. My favourite one is when the whole Barça team touches the ball at least once before Guardiola passes the ball to Romàrio who chips the ball from outside the area over the keeper. The match was against Atl. Madrid on Camp Nou.

You poberly also know Ronaldo`s goals against Compostela and Valencia?

Maradona`s goal against Real Madrid on Santiago is also a superb one.

Hristo Stoitchkov scored a superb one in the CL, but I don`t remember against which team. He recived a long and high pass, he kicks it over his marker with the backheal and then fires a great shot. Also Stoitchkov`s goal against Santos in the match between EC winners and CL winners. A long shot who spinns around the keeper.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You should also include lots of Gica Hagi goals, for example against Celta (94-95) when he scores from 40 metres:)

BTW, the goal in the Intercontinental Cup was against Sao Paulo, not Santos. I remember that because, well... we lost:eek:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Hmm... I forget his name.... For Fiorentina against Barcelona a few seasons back.... a bicycle kick from outside the box.. amazing....

Roberto Carlos' free-kick against Barca in the 3-0 win....

Roberto Carlos against Zaragoza(?) A while back, an unbelievable volley from the corner flag, also his goal against Boca Juniours in the Toyota Cup was really nice.

Clarence Seedorf against Athletico Madrid, a sniper from about half, not a chip, just a missile direct shot.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hmm... yes you`re right. The genius of Rai wasn`t anything to play with. Hagi has really scored some amazing goals!

Maybe you should include Rivaldo`s bicycle kick against Valencia from last season aswell.

Super Puyol> Do you remember against which team the other Stoitchkov goal was against? I have his highlight tape from El Mundo Deportivo with this goal included, but the tape is in Sweden.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Kiyan said:
Roberto Carlos against Zaragoza(?) A while back, an unbelievable volley from the corner flag
Against Tenerife in 1998, just amazing :proud:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Robban
The goal you mentioned is against Monaco. It's absolutely superb.
Don Rogers
I suppose you've included your own goal against Arsenal. I still remember it. Other great goals: Eddie Gray in Leeds vs Burnley in late sixties, Rod Wallace in Leeds vs Norwich 1992. Both these goals are plaayers taking on whole defence. Also Ricardo Vila for Spurs in Cup Final Replay extra time. John Barnes for England in the Maracana.
Sorry about the lack of detail. I would also try to get hold of footage of Rodney Marsh. How he only won a few caps is unbelievable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How he only won a few caps is unbelievable
I never even won any, and Don Revie said I was the only player apart from George Best he changed his formation to counteract. I also scored a classic against Man Utd when I was playing for Palace. Passed the ball one side of Stepney, ran the other and knocked it into a waiting net. Damn I was good

I've now got many of those people have suggested on my hard drive at work so if anyone has a fair sized e-mail account I'll glady mail you any......

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
A few more hints:
Hugo Sánchez scoring 1-0 against Logroñés in 1987/88
Raúl scoring second against Atlético de Madrid in 1996/97 or against real Sociedad in 1997/98
Also, McManaman against Oviedo in 2000 or Martín Vázquez against Castellón in 1990

1 - 11 of 11 Posts