Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest prowesses of Pirlo and the never ending problems of Rui Costa, for next season, the management will be faced with a great deal of problem as to which one of these two will stay. Both are fantastic players, one is an established player, the other is one to become an household name very soon. Unfortunately, it seems that both can't play simultaneously due to "tactical" choices by the coach and it would be a waste and a crime to leave one of them in the bench. So which one is the more likely to stay?

Pirlo is really in a firing form as he displayed in the game against Parma, where in one half, he simply was the main orchestrator of Milan's come back and then, convincing and much needed victory over Parma in their hopes to reach the Champions League for next season. After the game, Pirlo received one of those historical standing ovation by the very demanding and hardcore fans at the San Siro after his monumental performance. In the after match comments, Galliani was lost in words for the young prodigy saying: I have always had a weak point for the #10s and Pirlo is one of the best. Needless to say that Pirlo will be one of the untouchables for next year." dixit Galliani. Other teammates of Pirlo, such as Pippo or Ambro were also very flattering Pirlo saying" Andrea is a fantastic player and he will become one of the greatest player on earth in the next few years" dixit Pippo; or Ambro saying :"I'm delighted for Andrea. He works very hard during the week and seeing him do what he just did today against Parma, is a surprise only for those who do not know him. Andrea is a fantastic player."

Andrea Pirlo has it all to become the new golden boy of Italian football after Roberto Baggio. In fact, the legendary Codino has designated Pirlo has his heir. He has it all: an incredible vision of the game, silky skills, free-kicks ala Maradona or Platini, and great versatility. He is more of a 9 and 1/2 type of players, like Baggio or Platini were: meaning they were not a typical #10, nor a typical #9. They could do both with equal efficiency. Pirlo scores a lot of goals, i believe he is the recordman of goals scored for the Italian U-23. He just needs to be given his chance at a big team to finally display his tremendous talent.

In the other hand, we have the great Manuel Rui Costa. The portuguese star, signed for 28 Mpounds, was hailed to be the savior and guide of this new Milan. But due to recurring injuries and an alarming lack of form or inability to impose himself at the leader of the team, have a little bit tarnished the image of the great player that Rui has been. Also, it needs to be mentionned that he may not be used at his best position on the field by Ancelotti, surprisingly.

If you ask me what Milan should do in this regard, i hope Milan should keep both of them as they are terrific players. Rui Costa for his experience and indubitable talent, he just deserves a 2nd chance despite his 1st season way below his standards. Andrea Pirlo because he is one of the greatest talents in the world and it would be a total shame and scandal for Milan to let him go. Also, i'm hoping that with a new coach, who will be a little bit more daring, we may see simultaneously, Andrea and Manuel on the field. That can only greatly benefit the team as it will make it even more difficult for the opposition to stop us. All the greatest teams have more than one creative player in their starting 11. Let us hope this is what would happen.

How about you people? What would you like the management to do in the off-season about this issue?

FORZA ANDREA!
FORZA MAGICO MILAN!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Milan will keep Rui Costa, but for Pirlo and other players ( Laursen, Redondo, Javi Moreno) they will be sold or loaned.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Rui and his mutli milliopn dollar playboy ass can leave for all i care

PIRLO bleeds to play.

Lav

·
Administrator
11,902 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
If you ask me what Milan should do in this regard, i hope Milan should keep both of them as they are terrific players. Rui Costa for his experience and indubitable talent, he just deserves a 2nd chance despite his 1st season way below his standards. Andrea Pirlo because he is one of the greatest talents in the world and it would be a total shame and scandal for Milan to let him go. Also, i'm hoping that with a new coach, who will be a little bit more daring, we may see simultaneously, Andrea and Manuel on the field. That can only greatly benefit the team as it will make it even more difficult for the opposition to stop us. All the greatest teams have more than one creative player in their starting 11. Let us hope this is what would happen.

How about you people? What would you like the management to do in the off-season about this issue?

FORZA ANDREA!
FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
Don't hold your breath on the new coach thing (anytime soon). If Pirlo continues his current form til the end of the season I'll be tempted to keep him but my obvious preference is to keep AND use both.

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
---------------------Rui Costa

--------Shevchenko -----Pirlo

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, you have to keep in mind that Milan, strategically at least, can not and should not sell Rui Costa. Indeed, he cost 28 M pounds, a huge sum and selling him would be like admitting publically that the management failed once again and for this reason, even if Milan's management would want to sell him, they couldn't and shouldn't...unless someone offers us an amount, if not close to the 28 MPounds, but at least in the vicinity of it, otherwise, it wouldnot make any sense, business-wise. However, despite all this strategico-business-wise, Rui deserves a 2nd chance, even afte this way below his standard first season. He should be given that chance to prove to everyone that he "still got game", as the US would say and to prove that he is indeed worth that much.

FORZA RUI!SVEGLIATI PRESTISSIMO!

However, another great possibility/alternative would be to sell Rui if we find an offer of around 20-25Mpounds and then, use that money to get either of Riquelme or Kaka. That would be awesome!!!:)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I would opt for keeping both of them, of course... but if I have to decide... dunno, heck, I would give it a try and give Pirlo full confidence. Thats all he need, playing time, and he will show us what he is able to do, i.e. magic :)

I agree with rezag on one point, though, I wouldnt count on a new coach either, Payman, unfortunately :undecide: :D

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
I refuse to see any of them leave.. Spell the word D I S A S T E R if the fat coach can´t find a way to play them both.. Then he just isn´t competent enough to be in Milan.. Can you imagine Del Bosque saying that he won´t play Figo and Zidane together because of his prefered tactics?:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

PLAY THEM BOTH IF YOU WANNA GO ANYWHERE!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Laudrup said:
Can you imagine Del Bosque saying that he won´t play Figo and Zidane together because of his prefered tactics?:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

PLAY THEM BOTH IF YOU WANNA GO ANYWHERE!!!
Figo and Zidane are a good example. But if Rui, Pirlo, Sheva and Pippo play, Serginho and Contra can´t be the wings!:rolleyes:
Really a luxury problem!

·
Administrator
11,902 Posts
Rijkaard said:
Abbiati

Contra KK Maldini Serginho

Gattuso Albertini

Rui Costa Pirlo

F.Inzaghi Sheva

:confused:
With this line up we can win all games but scores are going to be 5-4 or something.
The obvious problem is the Gattuso, Albertini part. if we get 2 quality defensive midfielders and stick in Laursen in a central defensive position we will be more than all right

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
How can you pick Gattuso & Albertini ahead of Ambrosini??

I'd prefer to have KK & Ambro instead of these 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts