Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Corriere dello Sport also focuses on the transfer market with one particular Parma target getting the attention: "Fiorentina and Parma in a tussle over Brocchi. The player looks destined to go to Florence but will today meet Parma officials." Turning once again to the Crespo negotiations with Lazio, the paper announces that "the Gialloblu have first option on Conceicao." The Rome based daily also comments on club departures: "Parma, Longo to sign for Vicenza. Reggina also want him. Atalanata interested in Maini." The Gazzetta dello Sport meanwhile also reports that "In the next few hours Parma could sell Breda to Genoa. Salernitana have also made a bid for Strada."

Tuttosport return to the proposed Cannavaro-Roma deal, dismissed out of hand by the player, but which the Turin based paper continues to speculate on. "Totti lays a bet: Cannavaro to Roma. Conceicao can go to Parma for Lit.43 Billion [around £14m] with Lazio investing the money in Figo." The paper also writes: "Brocchi, Parma interested again. Inter seem to have lost interest and a move to Fiorentina doesn't excite him."

The Repubblica also get in on the act by commenting on transfer rumours: "Crespo deal is done with Salas and Almeyda to sign for Parma. Only the Chilean striker has yet to put pen to paper." The paper also writes: "Sensi will do anything to sign Cannavaro and offers midfielder Nakata plus Lit.20 Billion [around £6.5m]. Parma reply by asking for Lit.40 Billion [around £13m] and Nakata."

Let's say all these deals go through. Then we would get Almeyda, Salas, Conceicao, Brocchi and Nakata and all we're really lose is Crespo and Cannavaro. (Longo, Maini and Breda doesn't count) Both Fabio and Hernan are of course great players. But they are hyped and these deals would bring 5 top players. And let's remember that Nakata is a money machine. I think Roma actually EARNED money by buying him by selling TV rights in Asia. So the money we would have used if both Crespo and Cannavaro would have stayed could be used to sign Montella...

This would make this team:

_______Montella___Amoroso_________
_____________Nakata_______________
_Brocchi_Almeyda_Micoud_Conceicao_
_____Lassissi_Torrissi_Thuram_____
_____________Buffon_______________

However, I don't think Cannavaro will leave... But agree with me that this five man midfield makes you drool. :) The weak spot could be the defence but since I'm one of the ones who think Lassissi will be smashing next year and that Torrissi is a very able sweeper I won't lose sleep over that either. Montella and Amoroso in attack will be awesome too... The bench would hold these names among others:

M'Boma
Bonnazzoli
Di Vaio
Fuser
Boghossian
Vanoli
Baggio
Dabo
Bolano
Sartor
Benny
Guardalben

I mean, wow! Our bench is good enough for Bologna to have as starters... :) Well, actually even better...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops!

Forgot Salas and Alex. Well, this makes the Cannavaro deal obsolete... :) So please insert Salas for Montella and Alex for Nakata in my above team. Still not bad... :)

M

·
0 Posts
That looks really impressing big competitive squad that will cause trouble for any team in the world.

Then crespo comes to Lazio and if we sell Conceicao than figo should be arriving (i don't think this would happen). But if that happends than our team would look like this.

--------------Peruzzi--------------
Negro---Nesta----Couto/Miha---Pancaro
------------------Simeone---------
Figo-------Veron-------------Nedved
-------Crespo-----------Lopez------

That would rule!

The Bench

Marcegiani
Inzaghi
Couto/Miha
Baronio
Ravanelli
Stankovic
Gottardi
Marcolin
Sensini
Favalli
Lombardo
Pinzi
Carini
De La Peña

Boksic will probobly go.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call me crazy but I still prefer Parma's team... :) Besides, the Couto/Miha part of defence is a serious liability. Both are prone to getting sent off and/or giving away penalites. Couto is by far the better defender out of the two though... The Figo-Veron-Nedved line is very impressive though. Three of the very best midfielders together in the same team. Crespo and Lopez will also do well together. It will be, as always, a very interesting competition this year. Remember that Inter, Milan, Juve and even Roma will pack super teams this coming year. Everyone of these six teams have squads like you wouldn't believe and I'm sure everyone thinks that their team is the dream team. So to win Lo Scudetto will again be extremely tough. My heart say Parma while my brain say Juventus... Now when they are finally getting rid of Inzaghi they will be even harder to beat, with Del Piero back in form and all... Inter will have THE team once again but I'm sure they will fail. Milan will be dangerous of course. Roma will probably fail. I won't mention Fiorentina much as their team doesn't exist yet. Let's see who they can buy...

M

·
0 Posts
Like usuall it is not going to be easy to win the scudetto. It will probobly go down in the last game like in the two past seasons.

Fiorentina could surley use one very good defender , midfielder and that rui costa stays and a killer striker who dares to take on the Fiorentina-shirt with the number 9 on it (I know I wouldnt want to ware that shirt this season).

Well Juventus is always strong, Milan come creeping from behined. Roma really want the scudetto this year because we won it. Inter can be leathal if Vieri stays fit and R9 comes after half the season and playes like only he can.
And now after the we broke the teams from the north's winning streak than it is a perfect year for Parma. Roma is probobly going to get the most media attention. And this year you guys have a little bigger squad that will make you better than before. Maybe it will be your turn to go all the way.

I don't think Lazio will win it again, but I think we will be real close. But the main focus is going to be on the Champions league, thats what Eriksson said. And it is almost impossible to win both scudetto and CL. United scum could do it, but first of all the were real lucky that season. I mean just check out the CL final. Second the Premier League do not have as many good teams as the Italian league have. They have Chealsea, United,Arsenal and Liverpool the rest of the teams are awfull. So they could rest alot of players during the season to save them for the really big games.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Nice team you have VERDI.Of course forget the Cannavaro deal.We dont need it and it weont happen.The Crespo deal will be really good and Brocchi with Alex will be the icing on tyhe cake of an almost PERFECT midfield.Your team is great just put Cannavaro where Lassissi is,Alex instead of Nakata and Salas instead of Montella.Montella and Nakata are not coming,not for cannavaro at least.Boghossian will start in every cost,even if this means almeyda on the bench.Bogho is more useful.Fuser vs Conceicao will be a tough battle although I would give the nod to Fuser,Conceicao can play at the left with Brocchi on the bench.

Great team and the most important: THIS IS HOW IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE! :)

M

·
0 Posts
Amoroso do you really think Conceicao is going to Parma cause Lazio will not let him go unless FIGO comes to Lazio and i don't think that will happen, but I'll keep my fingeres crossed.
But Barca wanting Beckham may be a sign.
They buy Beckham, we buy FIGO, you guys buy Conceicao

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes I believeit...let me tell you why:

a) £14m is too much to refuse for Conceicao.He is a good player but this is just to much for him.

b) I was surprised Lazio wants Moriero,a natural right winger.Why would you want him if you plan to keep Conceicao and you have Deki and Lombardo behind him? I think thaty Moriero is being bought as back up for Stankovic.Deki wont accept one more season on the bench.So Crag sells Sergio C. to Parma for a huge price,and Svennis puts Deki in the starting role with Moriero as sub and Lombardo as third choice.Let alone that Moriero MAY revive his career and steal the starting role.

c) with Conceicao's money you can buy half a Figo and the whole Overmars.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amo,

actually I corrected myself just after my original post but I liked my first team too so I let it stay on... :)

My fear is that Malesani will start Boghossian AND Almeyda leaving Micoud on the bench.

A brazilian TV station, Globo, reports that we have bought Alex for $16 million. This is why I count him in as a new Parma boy.

According to me these are the new boys at Tardini next year:

Micoud
Almeyda
Salas
Conceicao
Alex
M'Boma
Lembo or some other defender...

Here's the probable team of next year. (Malesani style, not VERDI style)

________Salas___Amoroso________
_____________Alex______________
_Conceicao_Almeyda_Bogho_Fuser_
___Cannavaro_Torrissi_Thuram___
___________Buffon______________

Actually the difference between a Malesani style and a VERDI style Parma is a matter of Micoud instead of Almeyda or Bogho... :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You FEAR that Malesani will start Bogho and Mattias together? I wish we have this fears all the time...

Only Malesani and time will tell,what I know is that something great is going on t the Tardini.The Alex matter settled very well my fear that we wouldnt have enough crativity at midfield.Maybe Micoud at the left? Fuser at the bench? who knows? WHO CARES? we'll have a hell of a team anyway...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Exactly AMO :). Micaud on the left. Fuser and Conseicao can battle it out on the right and Conseicao can be used as back up if Micaud isn't a hit there.
Point is- both Salas and Amoroso are good headers, but neither of them are Vieri's.
I'd rather keep the mobile playing style with positional interchange as I normally see Parma. It would be a very exciting team for sure.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Lets not forget Vanoli.He can come up giooid at the left and Vanoli on form=starter at Italy.Man,when we complete these moves I can wait for the season to start! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My main concern is that the team will have no chemistry at first. It's a great team on paper. But how many of these players have actually played together before? Sure, a few from Lazio, and Alex is familiar with Amoroso, but we would need time to gel. With all the activity and money spent, I think people would be up in arms if we didn't start 10-0.

Which brings me to Boghossian and Fuser... they were such integral parts of the team last year (at times the best players), and that should count for something... and I'm sure it does with Malesani. They should be sure starters while the new blood acclimates to the new system.

Look at me... I'm talking like these are all done deals!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I agree to some extend Steve.But a bad start doesnt mean a bad ending.Ok,we may not beat Juve away at the first day of the new Seria A but we can beat Lecce or Vicenza...no? besides,Fuser and Bogho WILL start.

Lets not forget that this year's Seria A will start at octomber.That means that we'll have europe games (you know,UEFA prime rounds games with teams from Estonia or Lithuania) aka enough time to settle.

Steve,they are all practically done deals.More or less this will be our team next year. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, Amo, those Euro games will be nice warmups. I wonder how seriously the team will take the UEFA Cup next year...

It obviously wasn't a concern this past season. It seems to be one of those things that's a pain in the ass at first, but, once you get into the semis and the finals, it's all worthwhile. Galatasaray and Arsenal made quite a splash, and people seemed to forget that this was basically the "consolation" tournament.

Anyway, I just read that Parma are also pursuing yet another Argentine -- Claudio Daniel Husain.

By the way, what's the word on Brocchi... I don't know much about him.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
This would be my team:

_________________Buffon__________________

_________________Torissi_________________
____Thuram__________________Cannavaro____

__________Almeyda_____Boghossian_________
__Fuser__________________________Vanoli__
______________Alex/Micoud________________

_____Crespo/Salas___________Amoroso______

Others:
Micillo
Guardalben
Di Vaio
Benarrivio
Sartor
Brocchi
Lamouchi
Mboma
Falsini
Appiah
Baggio
Bolano
Ortega
Lassissi
Bonazzoli

Suprised Not much chanced?, Why? cuz i don't wanna be like Inter don't chance a team too much, Vanoli i think can still stay, otherwise Micoud, Benarrivio and Falsini
could also play there!
Basiccly forget Conceicao he is not going to Parma NEVER!
forget about him, Figo is not going to Lazio and Stankovic
is not going to be a starter.
The whole Moriero thing is just f*cked UP!

1 thing that suprises me is that everybody seems to agree
to play whit Torrisi at the back GREAT! now only Malesani needs to be convinced:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts