Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a thread where we as fans can share our lovely memories and feelings for our apparently departing striker, Super Marco Delvecchio! He was the derby slayer, a very committed Romanista with a huge heart and competitive spirit! The man who, with Totti, almost captured Euro 2000 for Italia. He leaves us so many memories....what are your greatest of him in Red & Yellow?
Good luck Delvecchio. We all love you, Brother Blood, and we're gonna miss you. :thmbup:

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
STAGIONE 2004/2005
Competizione Presenze Gol
Serie A 4 -
Champions L. 1 -

CARRIERA
Stagione Squadra Serie Presenze Gol
2003/2004 ROMA Serie A 16 3

2002/2003 ROMA Serie A 16 4

2001/2002 ROMA Serie A 27 2

2000/2001 ROMA Serie A 31 3

1999/2000 ROMA Serie A 28 11

1998/1999 ROMA Serie A 31 18

1997/1998 ROMA Serie A 27 7

1996/1997 ROMA Serie A 27 4

1995/1996 ROMA Serie A 24 10

1995/1996 INTER Serie A 4 1

1994/1995 INTER Serie A 29 4

1993/1994 UDINESE Serie A 7 -

1992/1993 VENEZIA Serie B 20 3

1991/1992 INTER Serie A 4
:cool: :proud:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great topic, Primo. While it's sad to see him go I think the timing is right. He wants to play and at Brescia he'll get more time on the pitch. He has been a great servant to Roma, though - especially in derbies! - so I'd like to see the fans honour him in some way. A summer testimonial perhaps? That's unlikely with him going to another club in mid-season but I think the fans will give him a great salute on the 1st of May when Brescia come to the Olimpico. I hope that one is televised here in the UK!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
He spent some great years at the club, but now it we needed him to go because his contract is way too high for what we can pay. I hope he has a great time at Brescia where he will be playing regularly.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I don't know what to say, he was a tireless worker, 100% dedicated to this club, he never complained about anything, even when Capello ruined his career by turning him into a winger, or when Sensi called him useless, a true legend. I'll never forget you, Super Marco :strong: :star:

Grazie :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
never forget how he made the burini cry.

next weekend lazie-Brescia! :shades:

E VAI MARCO DELVECCHIO FACCI UN GOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!

i loved how he told Del Neri to fvck off when he substituted him about 20 minutes after playing him totally out of position against Milan.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's his wonderful spirit that I'll miss most. He helped us win a scudetto, and I'll never forget seeing him in the locker room jumping up and down, looking like a big ole donkey, singing, "Roma, Campione d'Italia!"
FORZA MARCO DELVECCHIO ! Always in our hearts! :thmbup:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Always in my heart as one of the first players I got to know on Roma. A part of the Roma I fell in love with. One of a kind, he deserves all respect in the world. Forza Super Marco.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Great peice Primo to one of the real warriors of Serie A,In my book clearly one of the classiest,sleekest characters around that made his name at Roma.Was brilliant in the derby's and epitomised standing up when it was time to be counted.One of Roma's greatest sons IMO. :thmbup:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Grazie Marco, your commitment and dedication to the club and your Derby goals will always be remembered.:star:
I wish him all the luck in his new club.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Perfect article from Addict regarding Super Marco and the transfer window

Delvecchio to Brescia, to make a partnership with Caracciolo. D'Agostino no more going to Livorno, but rather Messina. Sartor was called by Genoa, and replied, moving to Serse Cosmi's team who is first in Serie B. Three deals that are on their way to being concluded.

Practically done is the move of D'Agostino to Messina: on loan with the option of picking up the player's rights for half of his card. The trequartista could already find himself playing against Roma next Sunday at the Olimpico.

By now even Delvecchio's move to Brescia is done: his manager, Gastone Rizzato, yesterday afternoon went to Brescia to press out the minor details. A deal has been met for the player's wages. For that regarding Sartor, as said, there is Genoa: his acquisition has already been announced by team president Preziosi, who will be waiting for him this afternoon.

Everything looks to be going as planned for Roma: free themselves of players that the coach does not need technically (except in D'Agostino's case) and free themselves of costly player wages.

Candela is still deciding. The sensation is that at the end he will remain in Rome, then at the end of the season, when his contract expires, he will decide whether he still wants to play altogether.

The idea of leaving is still alive: England, to Bolton, or even in Spain, to Maiorca. He, however, prefers to remain in Italy, to perhaps even follow Delvecchio to Brescia or even to a destination in Serie B. In this period the Frenchman does not want to move too far away from his family and is bringing forward a project that will see him be a teacher at a football school created at Ciampino.

Now, Mido, who has still not signed for a team. His objective is to go to England, Man City or Tottenham, to then return to Roma, and as he says, show his worth, above all to Delneri, who in all fairness was never given a chance to show his ability in his natural position.

The leaving of the Egyptian player could open the door to another forward: just Corvia is not enough for Delneri, as he has asked another forward: the name is Federico Cossato, 32 years old, a player who knows very well the methods of Delneri and would be a valid alternative in attack.

Finally, some last words to Delvecchio. Marco has given great memories to the Romanista population. The first 'tridente' with Zeman, the many goals scored against lazio and in the year of the scudetto when he created a role to service Batistuta. During his period in Rome, the fans turned on his back one game and began to whistle him, to which Delvecchio felt very offended. For this he invented the gesture of putting his hands to his ears after scoring a goal, a gesture that would later be copied by many players.

Delvecchio was a player who was always ready to surrender himself for the team, to joke with his teammates. He was a true person. But his salute to Rome has come late: in the last two seasons we remember him for his few games played and many injuries, his last twenty minutes were horrible as a giallorosso at the San Siro.

Now with the departure of Delvecchio and the eventual one of Candela, of the Roma that won the third scudetto only two players remain: Totti and Montella. In less than three years everything has changed: now we have a young team, no experts but full of talent, starting with Cassano. When looking at recent statistics, there is no club in Europe that has a better 'tridente' than ours: not Real, not Chelsea.

It is from here that we must construct in order to return to being great. Now Delneri wants a forward: we must interject. If Delvecchio and Mido have been sold it is because the coach has preferred Corvia. Now it's the mini bomber's chance to show his worth. DO NOT give us a player to keep the Roman piazza happy, as they did with Mido over the summer or how they bought Marazzina last season. If we have some Euro to spend, spend it on renewing the contract of that Marvelous Trio. IMMEDIATELY.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"It was a very painful decision because I love the club, the fans and the town," said the 31-year-old, who joined Roma from FC Internazionale Milano in November 1995. "I spent ten wonderful years here but I felt that at this stage of my career I had to try and play on a more regular basis somewhere else." >>>>

:thmbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts