Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I am becoming flooded with emotions as the confirmation comes - Sunday is Totti's last day as a Roma player. He took the team out to dinner tonight - without Spalletti - and the picture from it on social is amazing. "Thank you guys," Frankie wrote. :cry:

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Played a direct role in more than 500 goals for AS Roma in the last 25 years:

Seasons: 25
Matches: 785
Goals: 307
Assists: 197
Clubs: 1

:heart: NOT FADE AWAY

·
Registered
866 Posts
Played a direct role in more than 500 goals for AS Roma in the last 25 years:

Seasons: 25
Matches: 785
Goals: 307
Assists: 197
Clubs: 1

:heart: NOT FADE AWAY
Totti day on Sunday. Will watch some old games probably and a few clips. Obviously i will watch the game against Genoa. I just hope they let us win this with ease so we can bring on the man early on.

·
Registered
453 Posts
like all humans Totti was flawed. kicking at a downed player and spitting at another's face, talking to the press when he should've kept quite and his influence on the management can sometimes feel like a negative thing. and lately keeping his intentions a mystery whenever asked about his intentions at the end of the season and telling people that he'll announce it later making a big deal out of it, when he should've said that he was human and the severity and weight of the upcoming inevitable moment is scary as shit and he

however, his loyalty to the shirt is unquestionable and his passion for the game is immense and his skills out of this world. I watched Pluto play his last game, I've watched Tommasi play his last match and now I've watched il capitano bow out. I don't think I can accurately express what I feel and think in words, so I say thank you to Totti and I share what my 6 years old daughter made that night he said his goodbyes.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
My words on social media about our outgoing captain and now, best ever player. For all his flaws and deficiencies, for all his talent and love from us to him and vice-versa, visible on Sunday was merely a man. Human, emotional, vulnerable, someone that looked like he hadn't slept a wink for days.

·
Registered
44,999 Posts
Beautiful. :proud:

Totti at Roma will always be one of the great stories for football romantics.

·
Registered
46,147 Posts
I was looking for a thread in which writing this post and read the title of this one. "Perfect!" I thought. When I read "May 5, 2017" I realized it was a 2-year old thread about Totti retiring from football. Two years later he has left Roma. He will return, but not with Baldini, not with Pallotta, not without a real job as the technical director.

·
Registered
17,128 Posts
Not to throw a stick in the wheels, but what is with the entitlement that a legendary player should get any management position he wants? Was Totti known for anything off the field?

·
Registered
46,147 Posts
Not to throw a stick in the wheels, but what is with the entitlement that a legendary player should get any management position he wants?

It's indeed a good question. What Totti implies (legendary player = technical director after retiring) isn't necessarily the best choice for a club.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts