Xtratime Community banner

Who should become the next manager of the Israeli National team?

• Dror Kashtan

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Avraham Grant

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Itzhak Shum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giora Shpiegel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21,400 Posts
That suggestion is plain ridiculous as far as I am concerned. I know it was tested in Ukraine and Russia with Lobanovsky (RIP btw :( ) and Romantzev respectively, but I don't think it'll fit us. The average coach can hardly cope with the pressure of being a topclub manager, nevermind a National team one too.

Anyways, Hapoel aren't as lenient as before and are willing to release Dror Kashtan for the National team only if he will coach both teams at the same time...

· Registered
21,400 Posts
Our new coach?

To sum up the events over the past week, this is becoming a freaking joke, first Gavri says that he failed to reach an agreement with Kashtan and he is no longer a candidate. Then, a week later, Gavri decides to offer Kashtan an improved contract, and then Hapoel who were lenient last week, allowing Kashtan to go, decide not to do so this time around. Meanwhile the name of Grant is still an option although he is in the same situation as Kashtan, and finally, both Hap Tel Aviv and Maccabi Haifa have supported the idea of having either Kashtan or Grant as 'part time' coaches - coaching both the club and the NT at the same time

Anyways, the question is rather simple, who should become the new National team coach?

PS: Although it looks needless now, Hapoel have already thought of a replacement to Kashtan - Slovenia coach Katanec.

· Registered
21,400 Posts
There finally (!!) seems to be a solution. Gavri met with Kashtan earlier today and both of them agreed that Kashtan will guide the Israeli NT during the next 4 years, but next season he will still be the coach of both Hapoel Tel Aviv and the National team. After that, he will coach in the NT only (read it Kappa;)). The only obstacle is the rule saying that you can't coach both the NT and a team at the time, and that Gavri will try to change.

If everything goes according to the plan, Kashtan will be appointed as the new coach next week. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.