Xtratime Community banner

Who should become the next manager of the Israeli National team?

• Dror Kashtan

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Avraham Grant

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Itzhak Shum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giora Shpiegel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Grant will not become the NT's next coach as the IFA is refusing to let a coach also coach in the league. Maccabi Haifa is refusing to release Grant to coach the NT only.

Dror Kashtan once again becomes top candidate, as it seems that the IFA is now willing to meet his requests. There won't be an official signing until Thursday as Gavri Levi takes off to Scotland to watch the CL final.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Its not that IFA is willing accept Kashtan request. The Request was that Kasthan wanted more money that Gavri was willing to offer.

As far as i read, it will be a split. Probably IFA will pay Kasthan no more than 100,000 dollars to coach the NT, but he will be doing it part of the time.

That mention was also brought up with Grant who was more then willing to work FULL TIME, but Sachar refused to give him that opprotunity, though he was only willing to let him do some NT and some Liga coaching.......

In anyway, i don't see this as something positive, because Dror is a very strict person and i respect that, but can he have the pressure of hoisting 2 major teams in 1?!?!?!?!?!?!

and think of the 4 day rule...where 4 days before a NT game, they will have to rest and so, it will interfere with Hap Tel Aviv matches!!!! :(

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Dror Kashtan will coach he will not coach Hapoel Tel Aviv!

I don't know where you get your information Kappa but it is wrong, Kashtan will be a full time coach if he will coach the NT. Anyway, the IFA will be willing to pay him as much as he requests.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
That suggestion is plain ridiculous as far as I am concerned. I know it was tested in Ukraine and Russia with Lobanovsky (RIP btw :( ) and Romantzev respectively, but I don't think it'll fit us. The average coach can hardly cope with the pressure of being a topclub manager, nevermind a National team one too.

Anyways, Hapoel aren't as lenient as before and are willing to release Dror Kashtan for the National team only if he will coach both teams at the same time...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Maybe we can get an international coach from France or Germany at some sort of expense, that would be good :)

Just like we got neilsen? :)

Lets get some French coach or something?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Fine!

Than i guess that Mr. Kashtan must make up his decision soon! I mean, its like work....but its only better.....

This is commisions pay, but with a stinch. Where he gets base salary and if he does make a deal; which ofcourse means getting israel in Euro 2004, than i think he will get bonuses for this work! :) he deserves it after all......

Whereas in Hapoel TA, he will get one commision and pending on how far Hapoel Will go in Toto, State, or Leauge cups, and ofcourse uefa...he will get sitch! :)

So Kashtan must make up his mind soon!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kappa, you still don't seem to understand the fact that there will be no parallel coaching. If Kashtan will coach the NT he will NOT coach Hapoel, it's one or the other.

It's not even known if Hapoel will release him to coach the NT.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I would rather give him the extra few thousand. And im pretty sure Hapoel Tel Aviv will release him. Contrary to Maccabi Haifa, i heard there now releasing there young players to europe for Cash to rebuild and exploit on other european potentials...Does this go to Hapoel Tel Aviv as well??? :)

If IFA was smart, they would have 3-4 Friendlys in Ramat Gan and pay for Kashtan do's!!!! :) that would be good!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
of course hapoel tel aviv have many talents (kfir udi, ben luz....)
but i dont know, how good they are in europe. To kashtan:
i certainly hope that he will be coach of the national team.
i think its a great job for him- (like Oleg Romanzev in Russia - Spartak Moskva and the russian national team:

EL EL YISRAEL:D

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hapoel Tel Aviv announced they will not release Kashtan to the NT. Since the IFA announced that the NT coach will not coach a club it seems that neither Kashtan nor Grant will become the NT coach.

So, the candidates now are Giora Shpigel and Yitzchak Shum, I don't expect anything good coming out of either.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Our new coach?

To sum up the events over the past week, this is becoming a freaking joke, first Gavri says that he failed to reach an agreement with Kashtan and he is no longer a candidate. Then, a week later, Gavri decides to offer Kashtan an improved contract, and then Hapoel who were lenient last week, allowing Kashtan to go, decide not to do so this time around. Meanwhile the name of Grant is still an option although he is in the same situation as Kashtan, and finally, both Hap Tel Aviv and Maccabi Haifa have supported the idea of having either Kashtan or Grant as 'part time' coaches - coaching both the club and the NT at the same time

Anyways, the question is rather simple, who should become the new National team coach?

PS: Although it looks needless now, Hapoel have already thought of a replacement to Kashtan - Slovenia coach Katanec.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The Slovenian coach is not a bad idea. I read it over in www.haaretzdaily.com. I think Hapoel, after a successful season, would need to look a little more professional ( not to mention my jersey taste of KAPPA).

I think it will be a Win-Win situation here. :) the Slovenian coach after all, is the coach that led a small little country into a World Cup....so i think Hapoel should see this and maybe take a look... :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyway, once again Kashtan is out and Grant is in. It seems that Shachar will be willing to let Grant go after all...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I guess Grant is good. Kashtan would be better. But what it matter is the players and the logisitics a coach can do. The Coach can't do the certain extent of what some may think. So in other words, don't think that future games in which we loss is a result of coaches. Its all in the players.

This whole thing got to much publicity! :)

I belive Grant can do the job and do it effectively! :) I am hoping he will and will bring some new faces and some fresh unlookers! :)

EL EL YIRAEL!!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
There finally (!!) seems to be a solution. Gavri met with Kashtan earlier today and both of them agreed that Kashtan will guide the Israeli NT during the next 4 years, but next season he will still be the coach of both Hapoel Tel Aviv and the National team. After that, he will coach in the NT only (read it Kappa;)). The only obstacle is the rule saying that you can't coach both the NT and a team at the time, and that Gavri will try to change.

If everything goes according to the plan, Kashtan will be appointed as the new coach next week. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts