Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You heard that right :rollani:

Madness...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Was he sacked already without official replacement? Well I dont blame Chelsea for looking at another manager, but sacking just sounds so unfair :pp

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Avram Grant has had his contract as manager terminated today (Saturday, May 24). This follows meetings over the last two days.

Everybody at Chelsea FC would like to thank Avram for his contribution since taking over as manager last September.

We will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager for Chelsea and there will be no further comment until that appointment is made.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Rumour is that Ten Cate will be the next one to be sacked.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
It is going to be either Frank or Roberto. 100% that is the next manager, one of the two. And the fact that they sacked him already- means a pre contract is already set with one of them

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Maybe the Zenit coach, who knows

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No ones buying this story then?:pp

Chelsea discuss incredible Mourinho return
tribalfooball.com - May 24, 2008

Jose Mourinho is being linked with a sensational RETURN to Chelsea.

The Sun says Mourinho and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich are back on friendly terms and the prospect of the Special One returning to Stamford Bridge has been discussed at board level.

A senior club source revealed to The Sun: "After Jose left, it took a while before he and Roman spoke. But they did and it was amicable.

"It has become much more frequent and friendly over the last few weeks and it looks like bridges are being rebuilt.

"Other directors have also talked to Jose and the bad blood from before has disappeared."

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was talking about that Mourinho return a few days ago on the Barcelona forum (for some reason). Possibility.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
It is easy for bad blood to disappear when you don't work with the guy, the guy is not spending your cash, the guy is not running your organization, and you don't see the guy for 15 hours a day like before. Mourinho and Roman know that it cannot happen anymore- it is over, and if they think it is not, it is only a facade that will disappear once work begins again.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Mourinho could be just the thing. Now that they know how bad they need him he'll have more leverage, ie. no more Shevchenko signings. :D

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
What a joke of a club. :thmbdown: Chelsea have to win either the EPL or the Champions League every season or it is curtains for the manager and more money thrown away by Abramovich.

First appearance in the final of the CL and in the title race until the last day is not enough.

Chelsea is the benchmark of everything that is wrong with football.

Disgusting.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
LOL

You forget that Grant was signed as a sort of caretaker manager. If he delivered sexy football, as he promised or a title he might have had a shot at long term success at the helm.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Nothing to do with sexy football. Chelsea have to win either the EPL or CL every season for the club to be viable. What a way to run a club. Enjoy the circus.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well if you give us Arsen I'm pretty certain he would get at least 2 seasons of credit

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'm a little shocked it's been done so quickly. He did a great job for us this season. I hope he stays with us in some capacity, and I hope Ten Cate stays as well

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
What a joke of a club. :thmbdown: Chelsea have to win either the EPL or the Champions League every season or it is curtains for the manager and more money thrown away by Abramovich.

First appearance in the final of the CL and in the title race until the last day is not enough.

Chelsea is the benchmark of everything that is wrong with football.

Disgusting.
**** off, and you are the guy to tell us if Chelsea is a joke of a club. :howler:

As for Grant being sacked, not surprised and not really sad, as I have said before, we all know he came because of Abra and not because of his managerial success. Now lets see who we get, one thing is for sure, who ever comes it will be of his managerial success.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts