1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not suprising....

but what can we say the least.

Being 2nd to Man Utd is now excuse....
I think the whole issue with a lousy first start really hurt Chelsea and in the end, this is the outcome.....

Question is - where to now?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Quoting myself...

Grant has been fired at Chelsea today.

Seems very harsh to me. He brought Chelsea to the CL final (which they lost only by the smallest margin) and they were competitors for the Premiership title until the very last day of the season. So you cannot really say Grant did that badly, sacking him seems terribly unfair and quite insulting even. I hope Grant gets a decent new club, one that treats him with the necessary respect this time.
Abramovitch always looked like a reasonable guy to me, but I take those words back. He's an as$hole. What does he in fact want from a manager? If you play a very decent season and miss out on trophies very narrowly, then most teams would still be somewhat happy. Apparently only silverware counts. As$hole. Hopefully Grant gets a new clubs that treats him better.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quoting myself...

Abramovitch always looked like a reasonable guy to me, but I take those words back. He's an as$hole. What does he in fact want from a manager? If you play a very decent season and miss out on trophies very narrowly, then most teams would still be somewhat happy. Apparently only silverware counts. As$hole. Hopefully Grant gets a new clubs that treats him better.
Im not gonna say that it was his fault or not.
But the way he started was a bit too harsh for someone.
No one gave him a chance.

Atleast he proved them wrong and took them somewhere important. I mean, coaches come and go easily...but i think truthfully, Grant wont be getting a bigger/better club that fast or easily. He still has to prove himself and i think he may go with his experience that he got into a National Team position come September - after Euros!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im not gonna say that it was his fault or not.
But the way he started was a bit too harsh for someone.
No one gave him a chance.

Atleast he proved them wrong and took them somewhere important. I mean, coaches come and go easily...but i think truthfully, Grant wont be getting a bigger/better club that fast or easily. He still has to prove himself and i think he may go with his experience that he got into a National Team position come September - after Euros!

Still has to prove himself?

Lets remember how badly Chelsea was playing under Mourinho at the start of the season. There was no way they would have made it to the final of the CL or to the last week of the Premier League.
Grant came in, he did whatever he did and the outcome was the CL finals (something Mourinho didnt do) and of course tied with pts with United going into the last week of the season.
He's still inexperienced in England, but the man can coach.
I can care less if he coaches a big team or not, Im actually happy he left those Chelsea C*nts. Let Abramovitch buy all the big players, overrated players, or whoever he wants to and let the new coach be it Rijkaard or whoever, take it in the a$$ from Abramovitch.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Apparently Abramovich offered him a contract to be technical manager again, but Grant still didn´t accept the offer and i don´t think he should accept it. He is also rumoured to coach Manchester City.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still has to prove himself?
Dont forget that Itzik Shum came from a Greek Side that won a double and was amazing in their domestic leauge. They choked in Europe and he was kicked out with a lot of spit.

If he is ever going to prove himself he nees to show them that he can also lead a side without any controversies...

If he goes to Man City and picks up the pieces from Eriksson, than i think he can really show them that he is a worthy coach.

In Chelsea he was bad mouthed way too much. In reality, you and your Netanya friend are the last one to bad mouth Grant. You guys ran the bull with taking him down while he was Israels coach and now look what happened. You take him as a national hero!

He's still inexperienced in England, but the man can coach.
What made him exactly the better coach? I mean really....
He brought in Ankela? That was it? :confused:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa what happened to you? You were always Grant´s lawyer here in the forum, it seems you have changed your mind?:D

Honestly i think Grant did a great job at Chelsea and he did a great job at the NT, people criticize him a lot for his in theory defensive game and for political choices, but the guy is good and if he was at Chelsea he has merits to be so.

Shum won the double with Panathinaikos after a reign of bitter rivals Olympiakos. He left the club because some influent guys in the board didn´t want him. And at Chelsea some don´t want him and don´t forget the English press.

·
Registered
59,244 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm not bad...
I dont know what to think of a top/middle side in Holland for Grant to go. Seems intresting.
Would be cool if it was PSV or Ajax...or Even Feyernood who came in like 6th place

·
Registered
59,244 Posts
'guess they're just trying to raise their profile and now would be their chance with them playing champions league football next season.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
According to ONE, Grant refused the offer from Twente and is still without a job.

Steve McClaren is the new coach of Twente Enschede. He is likely to sign a contract for the next 2 years. 90% of Twente fans asked themselves: Why McClaren? :D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well there must be a plausible reason Grant refused the offer at Twente, maybe he didnt like the players they have???

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well there must be a plausible reason Grant refused the offer at Twente, maybe he didnt like the players they have???
I think a better question would be for Grant to ask why go from Chelsea to a Twente who are the underdogs in Holland....

He can surely get something better, but IMO Twente matched him. But yes, players may have been a factor. He could have brought 1 or 2 names in...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Twente is not as big as Chelsea, but it would a chance for him with less pressure to make a good job. Twente would be in European competition and he wouldn't be questioned and pressured by the media the way he was. But it seems he wants to stay in England and he may have some other offer.

But honestly, i ask myself, why McLaren?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts