Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the Chelsea vs. Liverpool matchup in my gym.

Impressive!
Grant is sending his Chelsea in the Champions Leauge Final against Man U.

This is a big game and its a critical moment for Israeli football and Israeli coaching success.

Our once undermind coach who was lambasted by us, then Israeli Media and then British/Foreign media is giving everyone a walk for their money.

Ontop of the Champions Leauge final showdown, Grant is also tied for 1st with Man Utd and according to soccerway.com the last games for Cheslea and Man Utd are:

Chelsea FC:
Monday May 5, 2008 Newcastle United 17 : 00 Chelsea FC i
Sunday May 11, 2008 Chelsea FC 16 : 00 Bolton Wanderers

Manchested United FC
Saturday May 3, 2008 Manchester United 13 : 45 West Ham United
Sunday May 11, 2008 Wigan Athletic 16 : 00 Manchester United

2 games. Home and Away for both teams. I think that they should be getting a good push. Bolton, Wigan, New Castle and the Hammers are mid table teams. Bolton being the worse of them. None of them have to fight for anything, other West Ham, maybe..though im not 100% sure....

So i think they should take both games and 6 easy points.
If they go after and they won both teams, im guessing Man U takes the title since they have more goals scored.

Not that we dont know how losing something so big in Israel is about Goal deficit is....were pro's at that :flirt:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just watched the Chelsea vs. Liverpool matchup in my gym.

Impressive!
Grant is sending his Chelsea in the Champions Leauge Final against Man U.

This is a big game and its a critical moment for Israeli football and Israeli coaching success.

Our once undermind coach who was lambasted by us, then Israeli Media and then British/Foreign media is giving everyone a walk for their money.

Ontop of the Champions Leauge final showdown, Grant is also tied for 1st with Man Utd and according to soccerway.com the last games for Cheslea and Man Utd are:

Chelsea FC:
Monday May 5, 2008 Newcastle United 17 : 00 Chelsea FC i
Sunday May 11, 2008 Chelsea FC 16 : 00 Bolton Wanderers

Manchested United FC
Saturday May 3, 2008 Manchester United 13 : 45 West Ham United
Sunday May 11, 2008 Wigan Athletic 16 : 00 Manchester United

2 games. Home and Away for both teams. I think that they should be getting a good push. Bolton, Wigan, New Castle and the Hammers are mid table teams. Bolton being the worse of them. None of them have to fight for anything, other West Ham, maybe..though im not 100% sure....

So i think they should take both games and 6 easy points.
If they go after and they won both teams, im guessing Man U takes the title since they have more goals scored.

Not that we dont know how losing something so big in Israel is about Goal deficit is....were pro's at that :flirt:
Newcastle away? Think the championship is lost there for Chelsea.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bolton is in a great relegation battle, they are only 1 pt up on Birmingham which is in the relegation zone, so they have everything to play for.

West Ham vs United will be a great game because the hammers always show up when they play Sir Alex, and if you remember last season they beat United on the last game to stay up.

Wigan and West Ham are the type of teams that always somehow put in good performances against the better teams in the league. Very stingy defense for both teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Manchester United only win 1-0 in both games and a tie wouldn't surprise me either.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Newcastle away? Think the championship is lost there for Chelsea.
Newcastle got nothing left to play for and they have been underperforming for several seasons now.

But I do fear United to win the league. I think Chelsea are on a moral high now and will win their last games, but I fear Man United will also not lose any points. And the goal difference clearly favors United :(

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Today the great final between Chelsea and Manchester United and Avraham Grant tries to be the first Israeli coach to win the Champions League. Good Luck for him!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ben Haim is not even in the line up today.
But hey...it is a great honor.

I just remember a few years back when Revivo was in the CL with Fenebrahce or was it the group stages of UEFA and it was big having an Israeli in that stage since we never had that...only in the Cup Winners Cups!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I feel so bad for Grant. The look on his face after receiving the second place medal was just bad. I feel gutted for him. The man is a lion, taking Chelsea to a few points of winning the Premeirship title and one pk away from the Champions League title. Both ways I hope he stays on!

·
1st Tier Poster
49,985 Posts
I feel so bad for Grant. The look on his face after receiving the second place medal was just bad. I feel gutted for him. The man is a lion, taking Chelsea to a few points of winning the Premeirship title and one pk away from the Champions League title. Both ways I hope he stays on!
how could you tell? He looks always like this :pp

Anyway, he still has everything left to prove. So far he has simply built on the foundations set by Mourinho.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grants future with Chelsea is very questionable now since Man U won.

Overall for the game, i feel that after the Goal by Ronaldo and than Lampard, that Chelsea really dominated and outplayed Man U in a few specific areas. The close cross bars and so forth was just heartbreaking. They should have never taken it to Penalty Kicks. It should have easily been 3-1 for Chelsea tonite.

That being said, Drogba slapping issues is also a problem. It kinda resembled Zidane in 2006 WC. France was the better team, there top player got aggressive, sent off, penalty kicks...Italy wins....

Deja Vu again!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Anyway, he still has everything left to prove. So far he has simply built on the foundations set by Mourinho.[/QUOTE]

1st year coach taking a team that started off badly to the season to the champions league final. I think thats pretty dam good.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
He proved to deal very well under pressure. Since day 1 the English media has criticized him since he wasn't the desired coach. But he went until the last round of the Premiership with title chances and like stated above one penalty away from the Champions League, if Terry had just shot a bit more to the side the media would be talking differently here. I wouldn't sack a coach like that, but with the pressure on him right now maybe he won't resist.
But he made Israel proud.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So where do you think Grants future lies? In Portugal? or possibly a NT of some sort?

·
A true hero
31,421 Posts
He hasn't even gone yet. ;) Personally I hope he gets to stay on, he's done very well. Only thing I'd critique him for is signing Anelka without seeming to have a proper plan for him, but other than that, top class.

Pretty sure the reason Ben Haim didn't get on was because of Grant, Cracked. ;) They hate each other don't they? Ben Haim will leave Chelsea this summer anyway, he just isn't top 4 material, UEFA material probably.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
There were rumours that Grant could head to Benfica, but i read yesterday that Fenerbahce coach Zico is also on the eyes of the Lisbon club. Definitely he will receive some good offer he has done well at Chelsea.
Ben Haim will definitely leave, maybe Bolton will get hom back.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
He should definitely stay in the Premiership or an equally strong league. Not in a top-5 team though, first he needs to just play every week before thinking of that next step. But he should not accept the Feyenoord offer (at least it's rumoured he was being spotted by Feyenoord) as it'd be a step down to go to a non-top team in a less good league.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Grant has been fired at Chelsea today.

Seems very harsh to me. He brought Chelsea to the CL final (which they lost only by the smallest margin) and they were competitors for the Premiership title until the very last day of the season. So you cannot really say Grant did that badly, sacking him seems terribly unfair and quite insulting even. I hope Grant gets a decent new club, one that treats him with the necessary respect this time.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that final?
Is there any inside jobs he can get in the team? :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts