Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
He was truly specatcular at his best for you, shame hows its ended but i dont think anyone can doubt how much apart he was of your recent success.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Moltes Gracies Ronnie.
I think he could have been the best of all time but he lost his desire for that

·
Registered
317 Posts
That video makes me emotional. It makes me forget all the bad publicity Ronnie's been involved in lately. I'm glad he's leaving but I cannot think of letting anything disgusting about this crack get out of my mouth.

¡Sempre al nostre cor, crack!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Let bye gones be bye gones, remember the good times and move on. In years to come you'll remember those spectacular moments over an above anythin else. Hes no Figo thats for sure hahaha

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Amazing player, a rare genius, someone who was admired (and even loved) by all football fans (or those with good taste).

He brought us indescribable joy and we should all be forever grateful for that. I could write a book about the love affair between him and Barca, but I'll instead keep it short and simply say:

"Thank you for everything Ronnie. You won't ever be forgotten."

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not even gonnna lie, that video made my eyes a bit watery.

I know he had his problems with Rijkaard but why was he not given one more chance by Pep? Or did Ronnie just straight up want to leave? Either way i'm kinda bummed out about this, but atleast we'll have alot of nice memories of Dinho.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
I shall value my photo of you taking that freekick in Giant Stadium in 2006. Thanks for the memories RG :thumbsup:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
I opened a thread many moons ago that read: Has Ronaldinho surpassed Rivaldo?

Many of you chose not to answer until his retirement or what not…Well now that he is GONE? How do you Cules feel? Did he or didn’t he surpass the great Rivaldo? Or did he fall a tad short? Please let good old Dagoods know….

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'll never forget his performance against Chelsea in the 2004–05 CL. Chelsea barley ever conceded goals back then, and yet Ronaldinho mauled their defense with ease. That was a flat out jaw dropping performance. It's a shame that Dinho never used all of his potential. He could have been Barca's all time best player, and he threw it away by partying and being lazy. Sad, he could have been much greater.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A true maestro. This is the most heart-wrenching part of being a barca fan, especially in my time ( the 90's). Watching the downward spiral of our greats. First it was Rivaldo, a player whom i thought would never be matched in terms of his individual impact to the team, and now Ronnie. We must simply accept that this is well and truly the end of an era and that the likes of iniesta and messi and whomever we sign (or will have in the future) are capable of matching Ronnie's achievments. It is a real shame however as i felt that Ronaldinho was the most gifted player since ronaldo to grace the pitch, i honestly feel that he could have been named in that rare bracket with maradonna and pele and anyone who doubts that should seriously review him st his best and how he demolished ALL big teams which he faced. GOOD LUCK RONNIE AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A true maestro. This is the most heart-wrenching part of being a barca fan, especially in my time ( the 90's). Watching the downward spiral of our greats. First it was Rivaldo, a player whom i thought would never be matched in terms of his individual impact to the team, and now Ronnie. We must simply accept that this is well and truly the end of an era and that the likes of iniesta and messi and whomever we sign (or will have in the future) are capable of matching Ronnie's achievments. It is a real shame however as i felt that Ronaldinho was the most gifted player since ronaldo to grace the pitch, i honestly feel that he could have been named in that rare bracket with maradonna and pele and anyone who doubts that should seriously review him st his best and how he demolished ALL big teams which he faced. GOOD LUCK RONNIE AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.
Couldnt agree more, well said

I watched throu figo who left in disgrace, to rivaldo and finally ronaldinho and out of all those three who i have been able to watch in my time, ronnie was simply the greatest barca player i have ever seen

i will miss him, but relish the memories, BEST OF LUCK RONNIE!

and milan, u have got a bargain

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted here. Combination of graduation and work's gotten the better of me for the past year or so. I read the news today and felt compelled to say something.

It was Ronnie who got me really into football in the first place. I remember the sublime sombrero he pulled off against Venezuela back when he was just a kid. I was ecstatic when he got signed by Barca, and was enchanted by his magic on the pitch. He brought joy to the game, and to Barca, during a time when the club was in one of it's darkest periods. Just for that, he should never be forgotten.

We wish you all the best Ronnie!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5AHaGIzZ1MA

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope he reads this thread and leaves Barca knowing how much we appreciate him here unlike the management who turned their backs on him!

Thanks for everything Gaucho.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
I opened a thread many moons ago that read: Has Ronaldinho surpassed Rivaldo?

Many of you chose not to answer until his retirement or what not…Well now that he is GONE? How do you Cules feel? Did he or didn’t he surpass the great Rivaldo? Or did he fall a tad short? Please let good old Dagoods know….
go on a resurrect it...

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Thank you ronnie! although u turned out to be a fat ass at the end :p i hope u fail in Milan :)
you are a disgrace. how can you hope he fail at milan. everyone loves the moments he produced. even the teams which lost will always cherish the magic which undid them. i dream to see the old ronaldinho, but i fear it remains a dream.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts