Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,14-1122668,00.html

he's back!! he starts again in the tournament in Milan and I hope he can have success for this season. Let's see how long he can go, last year he played in a few tournaments and in a doubles match in the Davis Cup against the United States. Guess he had no shot at playing for Hajduk Split this season so he decided to go back and play tennis! :D
goran=:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,14-1122668,00.html

he's back!! he starts again in the tournament in Milan and I hope he can have success for this season. Let's see how long he can go, last year he played in a few tournaments and in a doubles match in the Davis Cup against the United States. Guess he had no shot at playing for Hajduk Split this season so he decided to go back and play tennis! :D
goran=:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Hope he gets fully fit when Wimbledon starts. Expecting another of those years ;) :D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Goran is one of my favorite tennis players. Its just sad that he never became as great as Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi. I personally think that he had the talent to be one of the tennis greats. I hope he has a great year this year.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Goran won yesterday in 3 tight sets v Ulirach... well done :)

So far out of 3 Italians, all 3 have lost, all 3 had to qualify though and werent are biggest players

the 2 better Italians are remaining... Sanguinetti faces Verkerk (so will lose) and Galimberti faces Youzhny tonight (again galimberti will lose)

so Italy will ahve no players left in the ATP Milan tournament after today lol :)

I will update how Ivanesavic does....

In Chile Volandri has wipped 2 Spanish opponents (Portas and Blanco) 6-0 6-4 and 6-2 6-0 respectively... Forza Volandri :)

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ivanisevic will next play Robredo. Also in an interview he says he has no goals to win any tournaments he is just playing to have fun becuase he missed tennis while his injury and retirement.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ivanesavic lost to Robredo in a final set tie-breaker

good news for Goran fans though really, his first tournament back and he takes a top 20 player all the way to the wire

if he stays fit I see him getting good for Wimbledon

bit he will prob get injured :(

Elsewhere Ancic beat Nadal in a battle of the youngsters!!!!

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ancic has great potential, if he keeps improving his game he can become the next Goran. Although the only time I saw him play live (US Open) he was a bit dissapointing.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ancic got revenge for Goran and beat Robredo in straight sets :)

Johansson, Dupuis and Carraz join him in the semis - surprise semi-finalists indeed!!!

In CHile - Volandri lost :( 6-1 2-6 7-6 to Gustavo kuerten

Volandri was 0-5 down in the deciding set, came back and got it to the tie-break before losing :rolleyes: ah well

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ancic continues playing great. Hopefully he can win the tournament in Milan, he deserves it by beating Robredo and Nadal.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Johansson may go on to win it, but they are some surprise semi-finalists!!!

I saw Ancic at Wimbledon playing Nadal last year, its hard to believe hes 1 year older than me, and that tall :D

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he is from Split, and I read somewhere that the average height of men in Split is one of the tallest in the world!!:eek:
Ivanisevic and Ancic are both from Split.
The match is today and it looks like Dupuis will be Carraz. Dupuis won the first set 6-4 and he is winning the second set 5-3.

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ANCIC IS IN THE FINAL!!!!
Ancic will play against Dupuis. Ancic becomes the second Croatian to make a final this year. Ljubicic lost in the final at Doha.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
nice little run by Ancic, he may finally live up to the hype of a few years back when he was supposed to be one of the next "big things"...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hes still only 18, the win v Federer at Wimbledon 2 years ago made every1's judgement of him a little pre-mature

this year he may finally show what he is made of!!!

He has a great chance of winning this with Dupuis the opponent, but Dupuis also playing well currently, of course!!!

Ancic to win 7-5 6-3 or something like that!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yep, although Im sure he will have many great years to come still :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts