Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I'm creating this thread because he's one of the "new" players who're worth one thread of their own.
Gor has been one of the faces of the renewal of our NT's squad. And a big one, at that. He's excelled in a couple of friendlies, then had a few bad qualifying games, and finally was one of our best in the Montenegro win. So, his performances kind of represented the general performance of the team. He's earned his spot in our starting line up as part of the double-5 (DMF) duo, and in club games he can as well be tossed in the no.10 role.
Can defend without major issues, has excellent technique and skills, and has an unbelievably good pass (both short and long range). Thinking about it, he reminds me (although he's more defensive and less magical) to Pirlo, il maestro. May be that's why I love Gor so much (cause i'm a Pirlo fan).

So, without going any further, he's the future of Armenia.

P.S.: This is one of the many new player threads I'm either proposing or creating. The next one should be our new star striker (though at this moment he's both a free agent as well as recovering from an injury), Gegham Kadimyan.

·
ArmoNewYorker
582 Posts
I love it. He does deserve a thread and is worth paying much attention to, especially when the Ukrainian league kicks back up. I'm really excited about this kid, the national team has been craving good, composed passers of the ball for a while.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
This is great, I love it..

The only addition I have to propose is to rename it "Malakyan Brothers" because Edgar still plays and they're on the same team

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great, I love it..

The only addition I have to propose is to rename it "Malakyan Brothers" because Edgar still plays and they're on the same team
But they play different positions, Gor's younger, and waaay better. Gor could be a true phenomenon for the next 10 years for our NT, if he plays his cards right. Edo is just another interesting alternative for the offensive midfield area.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's pretty promising, hope he gets good minutes there.
let's hope so, they're sitting in 3rd position behind Shakhtar Donetsk and Dinamo Kiev. Shakhtar is waaaay ahead, but Dinamo virtually has the same record as Zorya. Top 2 go to the CL.

More importantly, let's hope that he cracks the lineup and gets some starts instead of riding the bench..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts