Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a huge fan of football videos. Arsenal usually releases a couple of videos every year nowadays. Some have been Gary Neville ([email protected]) and some have been amazing. I’d like to know your favourite Arsenal video (for you rich and modern people, read Dvd;) ) and the one you’ve been most disappointed with.

My favourite is without any doubt Centurions. 100 wonder goals by DENNIS “BERGY” BERGKAMP and THIERRY TITI HENRY it can’t get much better than that! It brings back lots of memories and also shows how we’ve developed during AW’s time at Highbury. I don’t even want to think about how many hours I’ve spent watching that vid.

The one I've been most disappointed with is Arsene Wenger's magic hat. The Season review video from our third double season ½. The football our team perform on the video is of course first class, But I think the people who've made the video really have messed it up. To start with it should be at least 15 minutes longer. It’s quite obvious that you can't have the same running time on a video of a season like the 01/02 one and the 96/97 one. and what I'm most disappointed with is that they've spent about 2 minutes on what many would say is the biggest game in the history of Arsenal football club. The one when we took the P in Madchester
:howler: :howler:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I haven't bought any videos since the 97/98 season review,i like that because of all them great Bergkamp goals,still pissed off he only got 3rd in WPOY :(

i didn't get the 2002 one because i heard it was crap,i may get that goals one if you recommend it so highly ,Jacke.

i have over 50 games on tape though,which i taped myself,i don't watch them much but i reckon it will be great to watch them in the future when this team is all retired. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boring Boring Arsenal (The review of 97//98) is great. Until a few months ago I always used to say that the only one who has performed anywhere near Bergkamps 97/98 season is Cantona during the middle 90's (The time when I really got into English football). Now though I got to say that I think Henry's been even better than both these players, When they were at their peak !

Yes I really do recomend it Jern. 100 goals each from Bergkamp and Henry for 15 quid, It's a bargin in Wenger style :D. Both players also talk and give their views on the most beatiful & classic goals they've scored in the famous red &White. As you can imagine Bergy dosen't really say anything astonishingly but Henry's got a few top comments.

Another vid I really recomend is the season, review from last season. I don't know if it's the same people who did AW's magic hat who's done this one but last seasons review has really improved from the 01/02 one.

·
63,337 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
jacke and jern, may you tell me why your avatars are in the same style?
yes Chris made them ages ago,there was a time when everyone in this forum had the same one,but me Jacke and Gunner4 ever are the diehards who have kept them ;)

·
63,337 Posts
ironic said:
I've got a good one of some match in May 1980 :D
still clinging to that little speck of pre-historic glory :eek:

it's no wonder your chairman shafts your lot up the arse so much if you are so easily pleased :tongue: :D

actually i'd quite like to see that game again,what a fantastic piece of cynical thuggery by big Willie Young on that little shit Paul Allen :fero: :D

Willie Young :star:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Last team to win the FA Cup from outside the top flight, hardly a little speck of pre-historic glory.

We'll be back next year.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The season review 02/03 is a bit sad towards the end, that's true but it all finishes well with a 6-1 win against Soton, A 3-0 at The stadium of light and at the very end we win one of the most classic and famous trophies in the world. A trophy most other teams would kill for, Apart from West Ham of course who still are happy with that they won it 24 years ago :tongue:

IRONIC> What’s the reason to why West Ham fans hate Spurs and Man U so much ? I’ve always wondered that.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes Chris made them ages ago,there was a time when everyone in this forum had the same one,but me Jacke and Gunner4 ever are the diehards who have kept them ;)
omg you make me feel like sht

reason i put henry avatar off, is cose when i had it, arsenal went sht.

but you made me do it jern...you made me revert back to the old avatar.....:mad:

·
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
omg you make me feel like sht

reason i put henry avatar off, is cose when i had it, arsenal went sht.

but you made me do it jern...you made me revert back to the old avatar.....:mad:
why feel like shit,you were probably responsible for our great form,maybe if i get rid of this avatar,Paddy Vieira will come 2nd in WPOY :eek:

oh no,i just keep this because i can't be bothered to change it really :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts