Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suspended for the Coppa Italia final, Fabio Cannavaro will play his last game of the season with Parma against Venezia: "I don't know yet what my future is, but I know I won't forget this game."

COLLECCHIO - Trade rumours regarding Fabio Cannavaro have filled the papers the last few months, but the Parma captain disregards them. He talks about the real emotions he will feel tomorrow as he takes the field against Venezia, for his last game of the year infront of his fans.

Fabio a few more hours before the Venezia game. What are your feelings right now?

"First of all this is my last game at Tardini this year, but I don't know about the future. We'll have to wait and see. I'm suspdended for the Coppa Italia final so it will be my last game infront of my fans, I'll have to say goodbye to them tomorrow. This was a very troubled season, and therefore, this game bears great significance to me."

Let's take a step backwards, and talk about your first year here...

"I remember it clearly, it was 1995. Seven years have gone by, I've played many games with Parma, and thanks to this club I've made it to the national team. I've had a great time here, intense."

What stands out of these years, both in your career and personal life?

"Basically everything. From the first day I arrived here I felt comfortable. But let's change subject, this isn't my farewell interview. I have only good things to say regarding Parma as a city and as a football club."

Tell us something about the club?

"When I got to Parma it was a different club, with different goals. But, a step at a time we made our way through and got up to the standards of the elite clubs, even beating them more than once. We had some great results, what was missing was the scudetto. We had the weapons to win it, but we didn't. It's my greatest regret."

Let's talk about the managers

"I've had many: Scala, Ancelotti, Malesani, Ulivieri, Carmignani, Passarella, and even Sacchi… Great managers and great men. If I have to single one out, I'd pick Ancelotti. We had a special feeling going, that went beyond soccer."

How about your teammates.

"You just have to look at the rosters throughout the years. Many champions, from Stoichkov to Nakata, a long list indeed. But they weren't just great players, but also great people to hang around with. And I think I learnt something from them all."

What about the press.

"I think there has always been reciprocal respect and truthfulness. When I had to be praised you guys did so, and just the same when I deserved to be criticised. But I repeat always respecting me."

The fans?

"All I can do is thank them. This season more than ever. If what had happened this season had been to any other club, for sure we would have been relegated. If this didn't happen, it is mostly because of them: the fans never stopped supporting us, making us feel comfortable."

What do you think about your season?

"It's been such a difficult year. Back in December everyone thought we would go down. But we dug deep and fought back. Fortunately, Carmignani arrived and he calmed us down and showed us how we should play."

Let's return to the Venezia game. How are you living these last few hours preceding the game?

"I'm very very nervous. But at the same time my conscience is OK, beacuse of what I have done in the last seven years. I've always done my best for this club, and I have nothing to be ashamed of."

Will you take a free kick. You said you'd take one after having avoided relegation...

"We'll see. Throughout the season, at the end of practice I've been exercising on free kicks. I had told Marco Di Vaio that once we had avoided relegation, then I would have liked to take one. Hopefully, the referee will give us one to kick."

If with five minutes to go Carmignani will take you out, who are you going to hand your captain band to?

"No question about it, to Antonio Benarrivo. He is a symbol of this team and he is one of the best friends I've got. we have shared rooms in training camp for the last seven years... Part of him, lives in me."

----------------------------------------------------

So that's it... :depress: Brought a tear to my eye. It's such a shame. I just think it would be more honourable of him if he said out loud that he will move instead of just giving 100 hints. I mean, it's clear to everyone that he will leave. So why can't he just say it?

:broken:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
He is a great player and a great person I just am so sad to see him going :depress:
Looks like he is going to Milan, which would be there better club for him to go to, he has done great things for this club and for himself. Good luck in the future Canna.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I wish him all the luck in the world....:dontcare:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Fabio, non puoi andare al Milan o alla Juve. Se proprio DEVI andare, o vai a Roma, all Inter o all'estero :groan:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Fabio has served the club so very well, I can see that he deserves to get a chance at a "proper" Championship challenging team. None the less, it won't stop hurting to see him go, because along with Sabri, Fabio is one of my favourite players at the club, & i did not realise how much I liked him until so very recently.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I´m really sad!:cry: :depress:
Reasing this is so depressing and a few days ago I saw a report about Fabio at eurosport and I realized once again what a great player and man he is!
So if he moves, i hope he will join Milan and I wish him all the best! :heart:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Yeah, it was his last game today most probably and I hope that the fans gave him the biggest cheer he could of got. A great star and a Parma legend for sure. I wish him good luck in the future.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Now its official:

Fabio will leave us! :(

It was definately his last match in Parma :depress:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I almost started to cry when i saw him after the game.......

I will miss him aloth.......thats for sure:depress:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
That picture shows what he thinks of the club, and his emotions show that. Like I said every player moves on, so I guess it may be time to move on. FORZA CANNA!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
He has done well for the club in his time here, he was one of my favourite players without me even knowing it, & it's so sad to see him go. Fabio, you can stay if you want to:sob::cry:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
If there is something that points to Cannavaro moving to Milan, then it is the Ancelotti link. You can read what Canna said here and Ancelotti have said that he wants Cannavaro. But as usual will I not hold my breath...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JKris said:
If there is something that points to Cannavaro moving to Milan, then it is the Ancelotti link. You can read what Canna said here and Ancelotti have said that he wants Cannavaro. But as usual will I not hold my breath...
Look. Fabio was crying yesterday. We fans suffer too. The last thing we need here is some Milan fan trying to dicuss his future. We just don't care, ok?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fabio is my Favourite player and he will always remain it forever! Now he showed that he has a real Parma-heart and I hope that our other players who saw him crying on the field learned How they must feel about the yellow and blue shirt and What does it mean to play with the Parma herald on they heart!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
JKris said:
Yes JKris, you have officially won "Most Insensitive Post In Xtratime History":mad::fero:

Do you know really think there is a world outside Milan, that when Fabio does leave that it hurts us? We don't care about AC Milan, they can rot in hell for all I care. For now, we shall mourn the passing of a generation at the club:(

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
cam said:

Yes JKris, you have officially won "Most Insensitive Post In Xtratime History":mad::fero:

Do you know really think there is a world outside Milan, that when Fabio does leave that it hurts us? We don't care about AC Milan, they can rot in hell for all I care. For now, we shall mourn the passing of a generation at the club:(
Yes, now Benarrivo is our last true herooe of the old guard!:cry::(

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yeah... Bennarivo is the hero... By the way, how long has he been in the club? He deserves to be our captain...

And how about Sensini? How long has he been in the club? Not too bad after all.. Still a few loyal parma players.. Hope to see a few more...... Lamouchi?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Ciao Fabio! Good luck in the future.

We will never forget you, and hopefully you will never forget us.

Grazie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts