Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
For a while now, i been lookin for a message board like this, my hardcore Hrvati.....lol i looked through a couple of threads(im lovin those pics from Astoria lol) and i hadddd to sign up lol im stilll heartbroken about WC but im lookin foward to Euro 04.....hopefullly we'll get the old timers (Suker, Prosinecki, Boskic, Soldo etc.(Don't get me wrong they served the team well) and replace them with new bloood (Olic, Balaban, Vranjes, Seric, Simunic etc...)

Anyway enough govno.....does anyone kno why Bosko didn't get a single minute during the WC:confused: :depress: I gotta say he's my fav but c'mon, Jozic buts that Stanic in instead of Bosko? when they need goals, and Bosko was one of the top scorers during qualification and dont give a F if he hasn't been doin that great at Aston, my man has TALENT :) and does anyone kno what the current news is with him?

laku noc

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
good call man, welcome to the board.

Please don't insult the Hrvati from BiH(I don't know what you meant by your remark, but I'll assume it wasn't an attack on anyone's region) because there's a lot of us here and there's alot playing for Croatia in various sports, especially football where half the team are from BiH.

Otherwise, welcome and feel free to discuss everything.

Ero:)

btw. Balaban is from Banja Luka, BiH ;)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re:

nah i'm not insulting Bosnian's or anyone for that matter lol chill my g/f is Yugo and Albanian and one of my boys is bosnian, i got luv for all my slavic brothers

but what i heard through some boards on the net is that supposedly Stanic didn't want to play for the squad this year (n maybe go to BiH?) i dunno i forgot exactly wat i heard but i definetly remember something about him not wating to play.....and that kills me, why play for the team, when your hearts not into it? screw that sh*t, i'll take his spot lol and i'll play with just as much heart and balls as any of the guys on that team ( even though i suck in soccer) :cool: thats wat i was reffering to with the Bosnian comment.....the same thing with that clown Jozic, he tells the team he's gonna leave after the WC, c'mon now what does that tell you? the man has other things on his mind......i say bring back Ciro and Boban as a assistant

;) :D

and correct me if i'm wrong, but EVERY place I have read, isn't my man Bosko from Rijeka??? :confused:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey Red N White.. welcome ;)

Ye u make some really valid points there.. couldnt agree more about the Jozic one.

BTW i like your sig hehe :D

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
mARZ said:
Hey Red N White.. welcome ;)

Ye u make some really valid points there.. couldnt agree more about the Jozic one.

BTW i like your sig hehe :D
I like that signature too>>>>

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Mr. and Mrs. Balaban are from Banja Luka :) as is the whole family Balaban, Bosko was born in Rijeka.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
very informative Ero kinda like Suker was born in Osijek but his parents are from Livno Herceg-Bosna correct?;)

anyways welcome Red N White i think you are the answer to Eros question where are the Croatians from Istra on here lol:cool:

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Istria

lol yup i'm a Istriani....theres a good number of us in Queens, but the thing that I don't get is not one player on the national team nor evena player in contention to make the national team is from Istria....the closest I think is a couple of guys from Rijeka and the Istra club team is terrible and to top it off all the old school Istriani guys swear there Italian! :groan: :yuck: :irritate:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Yeah Red and White, I live in NY and there is a club team called Istria Blue angels. They just have a map of Istra and a goat on their patch....some of the guys on the team consider themselves Hrvati, while others think they are Italiani....go figure. Though, I have to admit, the Istra Club in Astoria has some great food....

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
CroatTommy said:
very informative Ero kinda like Suker was born in Osijek but his parents are from Livno Herceg-Bosna correct?;)

yep, same as Dario Simic, born in ZG but parents from Grude and IVO's neck of the woods, Siroki.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jure M

my dad is one of the original contributors to the club lol(he tells me some crap like originally he gave them like $100 or sumthin who knows)way back in the day in 59', once in a blue i'll go their with my dad ona sunday and bs with all his friends lol and its a realllll coincidence too cause i got my 40th anniversary Istria Sports Club t-shirt on now too lol yea they do have good food, a little gnoochi then after some bocce in the back lol
how are the blue angels dooing btw? i havent heard anything about them in a long timmme

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Red N White well you seem to be one of the good Istrani then cuz you consider yourself Croatian! but like you said many dont and for good reason because they are actually of Italian decent so thats why i think Istra lacks contributors to the national team maybe im just guessing though. Eh dont feel bad Lika has none either and if you think NK Istra(Pula) is bad well then you havent seen our teams like Gospic ha ha i think NK Zmijavci is better than us eh JureM?;) and i am not joking:(

oh well dont matter as long as we are all proud to be Croat:) to je sto vazi oni koji nisu ko i jebe:tongue:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Placebo he is i think its his father thats Serbian and Mother Croatian i could be wrong though thats why it makes sense that both are from Banja Luka and he was raised in Rijeka

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
yep, I have some friends that are friends of Balaban's family (my uncle worked with them in 1997 in Rijeka).

They moved from BLuka in the 70-ies and they are ethnic serbs, though call themselves Croatian.

Neka, if they're from Croatia and live there, they reserve the right to regard themselves the nationality they please.

I hope Bosko get's more time in Villa or leaves that club for something else

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome Red n White! It's about time we had an Istrianer join! Unfortunately many people from Istra consider themselves anything but Hrvati, but I also know that many aren't that ignorant like yourself. Jure, I agree, Istra Klub has some of the best food in all of Astoria. I really mean that! I've been to many of those of those fancy places over there, and believe me they are not worth it! Another great thing about Istra klub is that you can watch Fox Sports World while eating your Cevapi! As for Balaban, I always thought he might be Serb, he sort of has a Srpska faca. Doesn't matter anyway, as long as he wears the kocke he's good for me! Lookin forward to the new season, Naprid Bili!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Grba...Istra Club has is excellent when it comes to the food..I hear the Rudar Club does as well, but I never went there. When I was a kid, right after Croatian Church on SUnday in Manhattan, we would go to this Croatian Muslim guys place called "Ismets" I have yet to taste better Cevape....its a shame that he died before the sloboda....he was one of the biggest Hrvati you'd ever meet...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Jure, Rudar is excellant! We had our company Xmas party there, and I couldn't believe the quality of the food there! I definately recommend it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts