Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might remember, I did a similar thread for CM4 some months ago. This basically goes out on writing a descriptive description on the different players.

There is nothing wrong with writing a bunch of names, but it is IMO boring to read through a bunch of names without knowing what exactly makes those players great. And how one can obtain/utilise those players in the best way possible.

I will not mention players like Diego, D'Alessandro, Paolo Cannavaro, Gasbarroni etc., players we all know are great. But I dont visit many other CM sites/forums so therefore there might be some players I mention that are already famous CM 03/04ers, but that I do not know of.

Btw, anyone can offcourse join in at anytime they wish to. ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Suazo, F RLC, Cagliari, Age 23

Since Suazo starts at Cagliari (who plays in Serie B), its not that hard to sign Suazo if you are managing a top division team in one of the top leagues in Europe. He will cost you around £1.5M, which is not that much for a top quality forward like Suazo.

But if you wait for a season, you can get him for free, as his contract expires at the end of the first season. His wage demands are usually not that high neither.

Suazo is pretty much a complete striker, as he is good in the air, fast, good with the ball, strong physically and a reliable goalscorer. Suazo is offcourse best utilised if played as a forward/striker.

Morten Gamst Pedersen, AM LC, Tromsø, Age 21

Since Pedersen plays for a Norwegian club, it is possible to buy him with even a non top division club, as long as the club in question is a good club. Pedersen costs around £1.5M, and his wage demands should be affordable for most top division clubs.

He has excellent long throws and is one of the best penalty takers in the game. He also has great set pieces skills. Pedersen can play just as well on the lef wing, as on the central midfield.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lional Morgan, Aged 19, Wimbledon, Left Wing

Morgan is a pacey winger with excelent pace, driblling and crossing skills. Wimbledon move into administration early in the game and he is available to buy on the cheap once this happens or you may take advatnage of his 1.2 mil min.fee release clause immediatley if you wish. He becomes an England international within a season and his skills only improve.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leonardo Pisculichi, AM/F LC, Argentinos, Age 19

Pisuclichi's club Argentinos is not a top division club in Argentina, therefore it is possible to buy him with most decent clubs. He will cost you around £200K. Pisculichi is a pacey midfielder, with good technique and very good set pieces, crossing and dribbling skills.

If you are using a 4-1-3-2 formation (with only one central midfielder), Pischulichi will be the perfect option for the central midfield spot (making runs to the oppositions box). He can also play in the hole as the attacking midfielder with great success.

I have not used him as a forward or left winger, so I don't know how he will peform there, but I assume that he can do a good job there as well, as he is really talented.

Nicola Ventola, S C, Inter, Age 25

Ventola starts on loan at Siena, but he is an Inter player. As he is not needed by the club, they are willing to sell him. Although they intially want £4M for him, one can get him for as low as £1M, if you use your negotiating skills right. Just remember to include some clauses (a percentage of next sale clause usually does the trick) and additional fees, and you should be able to get him for around £1.5M.

Ventola is a powerful striker, who is pretty good in the air. He is also a reliable goalscorer. But his problem is that he is somewhat injury prone. And he also usually needs a season to settle in, before he becomes a 20+ goals per season striker. He also assists alot of goals, because of his ability to head the ball to players that are making a run towards the oppositions box.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Evandro Roncatto

This boy is playing in Brazil and is 17 years old.I bought him for my Dundee team on my 1st season as hopefully a player for the future but after 3 games it was clear that i HAD to make him my regular striker.In his first season he scored 29 goals for me and won 3 player of the month awards and 2 young player of the months.
His average ratings are around 8 a game.
All this from a young player and he only cost me 500k.
The ultimate bargain and a good investment as he is rated at 2 million already.
I think he is a must for any team.

Cesar Delgado

I got this young Argie halfway through my current season and he has been amazing.I play him on the right wing and his ratings are amazing every game.He is especially good in the big games.I had to pay around 1.4 million but a great investment.

Ilsinho

Just bought him but he's 18 and looks fantastic.Only played once and he got an 8.He's a left back but will report further as my season goes on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oskitz Estefania (Real Sociedad)

Best technical midfielder I have had. Had him when he was 24+, I think he must be a teenager at the start of the game. Beautiful passer of the ball and a threat from set-pieces. Central midfield, or right side if necessary.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
please name me the following :
1. guarenteed good cb
2.i bought evanaro , and i played him at the right as a striker , didnt do anything , whose very good finisher?
3. Right back ?
4. Middfielder

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
A good CB could be Mexes or Boumsong from Auxerre, Mexes usually goes to another club quite early on in the game. About the midfielder, there are loads but it depends what type you want and how much to spend.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Another very popular stricker is Anatoli Todorov. He's a Bulgarian version of a football terminator. If you take a look at how fast the ball goes when he finishes it looks like it breaks the speed of sound or something. Basically every team needs someone like him.

Also other players are:
Simone Padoin
Diego Carvalho
Helder Barbosa
Eder Bau
Kasper Schmeichel

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
ive bought as a defensive midfielder liverools welsh for 3 killion , he score allot of goals from a distance , and after the first season , he was called up to the england squad and his price became 9,500,000 , hes really good.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I´ve got some names of players that has been very useful to my Juventus:

- Giampaulo Pazzini. Striker from Atalanta, in my game the best player of all. Cost me 22 million euro when he was 20 years old, but it was a great catch anyway.
- Alessandro Simonetta. Also striker who, if I recall it correctly, came from Roma´s youth team and together with Pazzini forms the best striking pair in the world!
- Domizzi. Superb left side defender who forced Zambrotta to play midfield. Came from Atalanta and has had an average score of above 8 all seasons!
- Morten Gamst Pedersen. Great norwegian who replaced Neddy.
- Bonera. You can get him on free transfer fairly soon in the game and is definately worth giving a high salary.
- Emmanuele Blasi. Were loaned out at the beginning of the game, and when he came back he was a world-class player.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Twayka said:
please name me the following :
1. guarenteed good cb
2.i bought evanaro , and i played him at the right as a striker , didnt do anything , whose very good finisher?
3. Right back ?
4. Middfielder
you want goals? Cerci and Braathen is all you need...both are easy and very cheap to get....when I first looked at Cerci's stats I wasn't very impressed...but give the man some matches and he WILL deliver even though he is just 16!!

IMO a great defensive midfielder is Fredy William Thompson (Guatemalan)...the guy is really good, perfect passing all the time...and cheap...get him!

right back? look no further than Daniel (Brazil)....sorry I don't remember his club, but he is young and really good..costs around 6M.

Lucio is a worldclass center back...and I mention him because he has an affordable release fee of 11M

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ruben Dario Velasquez (Once Caldes)

Hardworking, keeps the defence from having to do stupid mistakes and has a kick ass long shot. So far he has scored 4 goals in 7 games from DM. Set him to take free-kicks and corners aswell.:cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
The new champ is full of talent. probably more so than any before.

Chris Oswell is available for free (youth player) at Man city (will need to pay about £100k compensation tho). D/DM LC and plays best in midfield. He takes about half a seaon to settly and start performing, but he's only 16 when the game starts.

Ryan Garry will cost you £500k from Arseanl and can paly Defence L R & C. good versatile player who'll again settly quite quickly.

Wimbledon are a gem ni the new CM. into andministration within the first six months, and you can ger Reo-cooker(MC), jobi McNuff(AM R), and Lional morgan(AM L), each for between £300k and £1million...

Steven Taylor (DC) is another promising young defender at newcastle... he's out of contract at the end of the season (at which point he's 18) and NUFC hardly ever renew his contract. Gets attention from big clubs ie barca tho so u might want to pay the £1.5million for him straight away.

Leon knight(SC), most folk probably know him by now, he's at brighton and you'll usually get him for just over a million. scores goals and is worth the money.

GK - mark brown at Inverness Caley Thistle. brilliant goalkeeper in real life and champ. is valued at about 50k by the scottish first division side. real bargain

·
Registered
818 Posts
If anyone is looking for a very good left wing or a DMC then check out Daniele De Rossi. He comes from Roma and I managed to sign him after my first season on a free transfer and he's a wonderkid. I guess Roma thought that they were too good for him and didn't want to reniew his contract. He's a well balanced player although I wish he had more stregth. He also has a hell of long shot.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi guys..

Great list of players.. I'm playing a 3 team game with Real, Liverpool and now Hull (the manager was sacked as Napoli's.. took over at Port Vale and was offered the Hull job)..

I'd add Arteta (£3.5M min fee from Rangers), Alexander Farnerud (AM/F RLC) for around £2M and Richie Partridge at Liverpool turns into an excellent AM RL..

Carlos Teves is also a wonderful player.. I got him for £10M at Liverpool.. and has made Owen the 2nd striker at the club!!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Riccardo Montolivo - Atalanta, 18 years old. Great cental midfielder and not that difficult to buy.

Carlos Tevez is great, he costed me 22 millions but he is scoring and giving assists like there is no tomorrow.;)

Javi Rodriguez - from some lower division Spanish club which name eludes me right now. So far he has scored more than 25 goals in my first season with Valencia and the year 2004 hasn't even begun. And I bought him for only 500 000 euros.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Anton said:
Another very popular stricker is Anatoli Todorov.
Is there a worship smilie? A friend of mine recommended him to me and I got him on a free. Damn skippy, he scored 15 goals in 8(5) matches, 3 assists and became MoM 7 times!

In 2000/2001 I think it was I was crazy about Anthony Le Tallec (I praised him all the way into heaven and posted tons of screenshots about him on this forum), and now this guy!

And Lionel Morgan is also one heck of a player! I used to play him as an attacking leftmid, but once I had him as an centerforward in a 4-4-2, he scored and scored and scored and..... :star: :happy:

I am playing Vitesse btw, and it's so realistic that they also hardly have got any cash to spend..I got most players on a free, though to keep them and many current players satisfied I am currently 160k over my wagesbudget :) But I am cutting into that now ;)
Also great to see that so many players from my youth are developing into really great players, so I hardly buy alot of players anyway. I am now 3-4 seasons further and ALOT of the players of then are still playing :cool:

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Jose Julian de la Cuesta (America di Cali)
This guy is a complete class player, you can buy him from anything in the range of £90k to £500k, hes 20 years old and all his stats seem to be above 15!!! hes a class central defender and left back, hes always a good bargain to buy!!!

Alessio Cerci (AS Roma)
This is one of Roma's amazing youths, sign him on a free at the age of 16 and play him straight away, hes a goal machine!!!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts