Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lior Asuilin is now Eligible to play for the Israeli National Team!!

The IFA decided to grant Asuilin the right to play, eventhough he did not finish his cumpulsory military service for the IDF and the state.

The IFA saw that it was personal issues that made him not finish the military service and thus have granted him exemption. This would mean Asuilin is able to play for the NT, be rewarded with caps and perhaps have the chance to shine for the NT and also to excel in his International Career with a foreign team perhaps.. Caps matter people!!!

This is good news for the NT, who desperately needs solutions to find when it comes to tackeling there NT problem ahead of Switzerland and France...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Good news indeed, I hope Grant tests him in some training sessions at least. It's hard to determine how good Asulin is right now based on the league games since the season is pretty much over for Beitar and a lot of other teams, so watching him closely would be much better IMO.

Also there's Carlos Chacana from Hap. Ashkelon. The former Boca Juniors player holds an Israeli passport and was never capped for Argentina, so he is eligible to play for the Israeli NT as well. He is definitely going to play in Ligat Ha'Al next season.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raanan said:
Also there's Carlos Chacana from Hap. Ashkelon. The former Boca Juniors player holds an Israeli passport

Jewish?

Asuilin is a good scorer and thats what Israel needs. Plus, he is new to Israel NT....no one can determine his strengh/weakness and be all over him..

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sarah221 said:
good news, hopefully he will play. do you know what his reasons were for not serving in the army?

I never paid attention as to why/why not he served.

Im not gonna say he is out because of health reasons..because he is healthy to run 90 minutes every saturday almost.

It might be because he didn't pass the profile and/or he refuses to join the IDF. Some do...but he didn't go to jail for it.

So im gonna wait and hear from the experts on this, possibly Raanan who knows a litle bit more :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Sarah221 said:
good news, hopefully he will play. do you know what his reasons were for not serving in the army?
His father's illness. If I remember right Asulin had to work so he can support his family financially.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
So im gonna wait and hear from the experts on this, possibly Raanan who knows a litle bit more :)
As always :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raanan said:
His father's illness. If I remember right Asulin had to work so he can support his family financially.

Don't they pay in the military?

Is his dad ok now?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Don't they pay in the military?

Is his dad ok now?
Yes they do. Not enough I guess.

I think he is. I am pretty sure he has fully healed. Or so I heard. :undecide:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
By the way Asulin still makes money outside of football, he owns a Kiosk somewhere in Raanana I believe...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Raanan said:
By the way Asulin still makes money outside of football, he owns a Kiosk somewhere in Raanana I believe...

Is there good money in Kiosks?
Kiosks = Convience stores for us North Americans.

You got everything, the prices are higher... any good money to make?

Do most Liga Luemit and below players have a day time job?

how much committment do you have to put when your in Liga Leumit and below? 1 day training and game between thursday-monday (1 game)?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Is there good money in Kiosks?
Kiosks = Convience stores for us North Americans.

You got everything, the prices are higher... any good money to make?

Do most Liga Luemit and below players have a day time job?

how much committment do you have to put when your in Liga Leumit and below? 1 day training and game between thursday-monday (1 game)?
I am not sure, I guess the money isn't bad but it doesn't match his wage. ;)

About the other part most players I know have other business as well, so yes in Liga Leumit as well, seems like running food business is the most popular of them.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Raanan said:
I am not sure, I guess the money isn't bad but it doesn't match his wage. ;)

About the other part most players I know have other business as well, so yes in Liga Leumit as well, seems like running food business is the most popular of them.

So small teams like Bnei Sachnin and Achi Nazareth, as well as Hapoel Yaffo and Hapoel Ashkelon + Hap Kiriat Shmona just to name a few are teams that have players playing but also having side work or full time work?

I remember in the documentary "Underdogs" they showed that most of the Beit She'an players, excluding the foreigners worked in jobs like Archelogy digs and Garbage pick up...

ever asked your local garbage man what he does? other than those that hand out around Jessi Cohen St. :rollani:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts