Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blasi and Kallon bans cut

Parma’s Manuele Blasi and Mohamed Kallon of Inter have both had their doping suspensions reduced.

Blasi was originally handed a six-month stop after testing positive for nandrolone but the appeal court have today cut that by four weeks.

The former Under-21 international will now be eligible for selection for his club, and possibly his country, from March 18.

There is good news for Kallon too. He was given a massive eight month sentence but that has been modified to six.

The striker, who also had traces of nandrolone in his system, can return to the football fields after April 23.

Perugia’s Saadi Al Gheddafi also tested positive for the banned substance this season but he’s now served his punishment.

The midfielder, yet to play for the club, was given a three month suspension that expired on Friday.

---------------------------------------------------

March 18 means that Blasi will "only" miss another five games and will be back on March 21 at San Siro against Milan and be able to play the last 9 games this season. Hopefully we will still be in the UEFA cup by then also.

Hopefully Bonera will be back soon as well. I don't quite trust Paolo... :eek:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Disgraceful from the FIGC. Though I expected nothing else.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cam said:
Disgraceful from the FIGC. Though I expected nothing else.
I don't think he took the drugs knowing what it was in the first place. No footballer can be so stupid after the recent scandals. I believe it was a mistake.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
VERDI said:
I don't think he took the drugs knowing what it was in the first place. No footballer can be so stupid after the recent scandals. I believe it was a mistake.
I think you are being too kind to footballers, I think many of them are stupid enough. Incidentally, taking it accidentally is still taking it & is still cheating & still deserves a 2 year ban. Minimum.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well the ban being lowered is no surprise...since it always happens.

I still think that the hear no evil, see no evil attitude in sports exists and always will. Atleast in Italy they are catching a few fish...the rest of europe is hiding the fact that drugs are used in sport and by their players...dope test every full moon is a farce.

I think Blasi took it knowingly...the whole hair product thing is an excuse, which everyone has a plenty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts