Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MILANELLO - Demetrio Albertini has a last word for Milan supporters. 'I want to thank all my fans for the affection they showed in these years. Even those who sometimes whistled me', the midfielder says, 'Despite some criticism, they give me marvellous times. Milan have wonderful supporters'.

One of Milan's favourite sons, one of my all time fav players, one of the best examples in today's football - on and off the field, the quite genious, the villan and the hero, the prince of Milanello, the one and only Demetrio Albertini has left the club.

It is official now (www.acmilan.com) that Albertini is joining Atletico M together with Jose Mari and Javi Moreno. He says going to Atletico makes things easier, we know he is a professional player and all the rest but in the world of football there is sth more than that. And Demetrio has shown the best side of it. TO US. And we are so proud to have seen it and to have received it.

THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK ... we will never forget you !!!

:depress: :strong:

·
Registered
43,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Demetrio on Inter!

Just another example:

MILANELLO - During the press conference Demetrio Albertini reassures Milan supporters: If I had been offered to sign for Inter Milan, I wouldn't have agreed, Deme explains, How would I have managed to celebrate for the lost league titles?.

·
Registered
43,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this has definitely made my cry ... :cry:

MILANELLO - I'm not disappointed, neither angry, Demetrio Albertini points out during the press conference, It's a turning point of my life, a new chapter begins. My successor? Massimo Ambrosini, who tried in the last days to convince me to stay. The biggest star I played with at Milan? Marco Van Basten'.
Demetrio defines his career at Milan with an adjective: 'EXCITING'.

Yes, Trio it was ... thanks to you.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
It was the right time for Trio to move on. He has given a part of his life to Milan. He will forever remain in the hearts of milanistis as one of the players from the golden era.

Thank u Trio for ur love and service to Milan. may ur stay in spain be as memorable as the one in Milan.

Farewell. :proud:

Ciao

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Ciao Demetrio

Your time has passed, good to know Ambro recived the torch

maybe the moron Trap will also relise this

Lav

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I suppose I'll be in the minority here when I say that I won't be sad to see Albertini leave. I never rated him as highly as others have and I thought he started to get lazy the last few seasons.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Tim said:
I suppose I'll be in the minority here when I say that I won't be sad to see Albertini leave. I never rated him as highly as others have and I thought he started to get lazy the last few seasons.
Trust a texan to be blunt just like the pres

Tim i agree with u but this is a touchy feely thread where we all have to be sensitive so...Conform :D ;) :tongue:

Lav

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Tim is being "americanized"...:eek::tongue:

Well, i have to thank with all my heart Il Metronomo for all he's done for the club and god knows, he will always be remembered as one of the Invincibili, Imortali of the Vero Magico Milan era.:proud::star:

All the best to you Demetrio!
Grazie per tutto Metronomo!

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
Hats off and a very grateful farewell to not only a Milan legend, but in my eyes one of the game's great players.

Thank you so much, Demetrio! Best of luck with your future!

Forza il Metronomo!!!!!!!! :strong: :star: :proud:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there everybody! As an Atletico supporter I am very excited to be able to see Albertini in the Calderon next year. Don't worry though, you'll get him back next year ;)

I get the idea that the general opinion is split between those who are sad because of all the good years he's given Milan, and those who think he isn't on top form and should go. Am I correct? I don't really know what to expect of him after the injury he's had.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Lav said:
Tim i agree with u but this is a touchy feely thread where we all have to be sensitive so...Conform :D ;) :tongue:
Oh.. uh.. sorry about that. :D

By the way, looking at the players list, neither Rossi nor Costacurta are listed. Therefore, with Albertini leaving, the number of Senatori has been reduced to one: Maldini. Interesting.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
So know Albertini, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno and Coloccini are all at Atletico Madrid...

I think they should consider calling it Atletico Milan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Coloccini has been loaned to Atletico with an option to buy at the end of the season from Milan.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Tim said:

Oh.. uh.. sorry about that. :D

By the way, looking at the players list, neither Rossi nor Costacurta are listed. Therefore, with Albertini leaving, the number of Senatori has been reduced to one: Maldini. Interesting.
Welli gotta say...SHEVA WON!

Maybe galliani and co reliased what some of our internal problems were about last year and ditched the problems.

And even maldini should be retired at the end of this season, as i can see this one being a long one for him and our left flank.

Torres, in albertini u are getting the player Tim described in his first post, lazy and not really anything special btw he has been ou of form for a good 4 years now, with some occasional sprouts of greatness that fade after a month

Lav

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
However, Albertini won't have the same status at Atletico that he had at Milan. That and the fact he is at a new club with which he has never won anything might put some fire up his rear and get him to play better...

...or he might just decide to go sight-seeing around the Calderon, the way he has usually done at the San Siro the past few seasons, instead of actually playing. You never know.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I know this day will come....:(

Thank you Demetrio for all those years,you'll always be remembered:proud:

All the best for your future in Atletico!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Albertini might be old and out-of-form, but you can never say, that he isn't special, cause he is. Albertini forever.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
I'm not at Atletico to retire, says Albertini

Wednesday 10th July 2002

Italy midfielder Demetrio Albertini is in no doubt that he is going to play in the best league in the world after completing a £1.5 million move from AC Milan to Atletico Madrid.

"I truly believe that Spain has the best league in the world," he said. "I've watched a lot of Spanish football on TV and I am delighted that I am going to have the chance to play in it."

Albertini, who signed a one-year contract at the Vicente Calderon on Wednesday, was then quick to dismiss suggestiosn that he had only moved to Spanish capital to wind down his career.

"I am not going to Atletico to retire," insisted the 30-year-old. "I have joined them to win things and continue playing at the highest level."

During 13 seasons at the San Siro, Albertini won five Scudetto's and three Champions' League medals. But the graceful playmaker fancied a change of scenery and could not hide his delight after he finally put pen to paper.

"I decided that I wanted to try a new experience after so many years with one club," he continued. "Milan were great and did everything they could to help me. But Atletico are a club with great tradition and their interest flattered me.

"I know that I am going to a marvellous city and Spanish football was a big attraction. The club made me fell very important and I just couldn't say know to their proposal.

"My agent contacted me on June 25 about the move and two days later we spoke to their representatives. Having looked at some of the players that are now at the club I believe that we can achieve something big this season.

"I always aspire to being the best and here I think that is possible. I could have gone to England, but I do not think that the demands are the same there. I am used to the pressure after my years in Milan and I think the expectation in Spain is huge."

onefootball ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts