Xtratime Community banner

good calls?

400 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Hajduk Chicago 
#1 ·
many are crying foul, and saying the referee and linesman made bad calls at dissalowing the two Italian goals.

The only bad calls were in the first where Italy and Croatia deserved a yellow card each.

In my view, I've just spent 50 minutes watching the replays, the calls were good!

CALL ONE :
At first I thought it was bad and we were lucky, but upon viewing it again, I changed my mind, rightfully so.
Vieri wasn't offside when the ball was played, but his head was when Doni got the touch on it. You can see it crearly, and the linesman saw it best. Also, Vieri is big, all the linesman saw was his big frame infront of R. Kovac.

GOOD CALL !!

One of the best in the WC so far.

CALL TWO :

The ball is played in, Inzaghi pulls Simic so hard, it sends him flying 2 meters. He pulls his arm by the shirt sleeve, and flings him 360 degrees to land on his ass. The linesman, and referee agreed, and too the stadium who saw the big replay.

GOOD CALL !!

Italy were not cheated, only outplayed.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that the offside call was not on Vieri rather it was on Doni, it was a very close call, but the thing is, the linesman had the perfect view of the play rather than the camera which is slightly behind the play...

As for the second call, I think that it was the right call. Inzaghi grabbed Simic's shirt, and the monemtum, since both were running pulled SImic down. That call had to have been made.

#3 ·
It was Vieri, by a head and half his foot. We watched it 30 times over, even the studio experts all agreed here on Sky TV.

#4 ·
The Vieri goal is valid.

The rule clearly says that if a player is behind the ball when he receives a pass the offside rule doesn´t exist. That means that Vieri in this case can be 5 meters infront of the last Croatian defender and still be allowed to score, because he is BEHIND THE BALL.

So it doesn´t matter where his head, legs or whatever is. He was behind the ball and that´s why it should have been a goal. :)

#7 ·
I have seen the goal on Virtual Replay, it has every angle and view, even the the linesman's view. Vieri was cleary onside from the linesman's view, but anyway the game is over, Croatia won.

Congratulations to the Croatians :)

#8 ·
Why thank you Jose.:)

Cheers

#9 ·
jimmy....

wat game were u watching??

the ball wasnt cut back so vieri couldnt have been behind the ball

it looked onside to me, ill admit that

the only way he could have stayed onside is if he was behind the defender, the ball wasnt cut back so he was infront of the ball...so he couldnt have been onside because of this

#10 ·
This is how i decided. I've heard the thing about a bad camera angle. However, look at the lines on the field. They are 6 yards wide. Look at everyone's position in relation to those lines and you can see hat Vieri was definately onside. Even the linesman has stated in an interview that Vieri was onside, but stuck by his decision on Inzaghi.

#11 ·
Talk about bad officiating, who sawthe Germany-Cameroon game. 53 fouls called, 16 yellow cards, and 2 red cards. I agree with showing yellow to set precident on how the calls will go, but that's rediculous. The ref tried to control the game, but by doing so, he actually let it get out of control. Normal and minor fouls brought out the yellow. I think Germay lost 3 playes for their next game because of the red and second yelow in the first round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.