Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to reports, Tal Ben Haim could be on his way to Manchester City for 5 milion pounds... Quickly, get the money and run! :rollani:

Here is the source: Manchester City are closing in on the £5million transfer of Chelsea's Israel international centre-back Tal Ben Haim, according to reports.

City boss Mark Hughes has been tracking the 26-year-old ever since taking over at Eastlands early last month.

Ben Haim only moved to Chelsea from Bolton on a free transfer last summer but ended up as fourth-choice in his position behind John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho and Alex.

He fell out with countryman Avram Grant and did not feature at all in the first team from mid-February onwards.

Portsmouth are also interested in signing Ben Haim but the player is believed to favour a return to the north-west.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I forgotten, was he signed for free or a little with a year contract left?

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Tal is not a bad player so good luck....but if true it means we signed sidwell and ben haim for free last season and now sold em for £10m!! so basically ben haim + sidwell = deco + £2mn lol

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Some folks can perform better with the mid clubs. Scott Parker was one. I think LassanaDiarra is also another. Glen Johnson too. So its a calculated risk. Tal was doing very well before he joined.. .right.

AS the above says, still not much of a loss after salary and all.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Parker would have been a good player if he wasnt plauged with injuries. While Diarra is simply put a great prospect but neither us or Arsenal took a risk early on in his career-but he will get a big move sooner or latter since he has the needed qualities.

Glen Johnson never impressed me; he is decent... but honestly in no way is he better then even Ferreira.

Ben Haim always seemed like a wtf signing to me

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Ben Haim was always a back up player. And it is still better to have Ben Haim as you 4th choice centre half than to have no one as it was in 2006/07 season.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Ben Haim is simply surplus to requirements since Alex and Ivanovic are there. At City he will again be a bench player. Corluka, Richards and Dunne are all far better playersand Nedum is a good prospect.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with Dark Andy on this one. Take the money Roman! While we are have been week on defenders for awhile now, we can do far better than Ben Haim.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I think Chelsea is trying to sell before to make another signing. Probably, Pizarro and Sheva will leave soon as well.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i don`t think his leave should creat any weak point in chelsea defense. that`s becuz you are able to buy better names than him. i don`t think Ben Haim is in your team level even if some one consider him as a back up. so, i see man city is better choice for him to play in, at least can fight to be a regular there.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Is Alex better than Terry or Carvalho or will he stay as a back up?

This guy was such a beat in holland.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Tal is not a bad player so good luck....but if true it means we signed sidwell and ben haim for free last season and now sold em for £10m!! so basically ben haim + sidwell = deco + £2mn lol
you make me die you lot, like it f*cking matters how you do business? :dielaugh:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
The worst thing about him was that he was so slow! I still can't get the image of Torres blowing by him in our first EPL meeting with Liverpool at Anfield last season :wallbang:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
The worst thing about him was that he was so slow! I still can't get the image of Torres blowing by him in our first EPL meeting with Liverpool at Anfield last season :wallbang:
agreeed:)

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.