Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good bye

abelardo has said good bye to all barça fans, after 8 years abelardo are not going to wear the barça shirt next year, it's sad but i think if van gaal doesn't want him and with his ages is better go to another place. also sergi will leave barça

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Good Bye Pitu! We'll miss you. And I'm sure the players will as well. Afterall you were known to be the best joke-maker in the dressingroom....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
We'll miss you Abelardo! Thanks for those 8 years! :sigh:
We'll NEVER miss you! I wish good luck for you in the future!

:D :D **SAVIOLA FOR PREZ!!!**:D :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Abelardo and Sergi now gone.....

Another reason why I hate FC Barcelona, what kind of Spanish club is this? Who removes both of the team's captains and then makes a pathetic contract offer to their best player? (Puyol if you didnt know!)

I dont blame Van Gaal, because if he wants 22 dutch men out there, that is his business, I blame this terrible and incredibly
idiotic administration directiva, Gaspart and his gang dont belong in this sort of world. Ever since Nunez took power (so many years ago) a generation of fools have been at the head of the team, allowing such ridiculous occurences, Van Gaal's return being the latest. Is Barcelona supposed to be a super-club?
I dont think so. If you take away the nice stadium and pretty shirt, then you have a sad sad team......

·
Registered
555 Posts
it takes a sad sad person to post a message like this in the barcelona forum. Not really worth to reply to. Couldn't resist it though.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
If you have some (unresolved) political issues about Catalonia and Spain this is not the place to get on with them. And I remind you that like it or not, there are many Barça supporters who think of Barcelona as a Catalan club, others as a Spanish club, and others just don't care. So don't come here imposing your view because is pointless and out of place.
And finally, if you come here to bash Barcelona in every of your posts you better go somewhere else.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Yes, GJ, what you say is true. Some of the stuff Mallorquin says is too but his presence is offensive in this forum. It's obvious he's got something in for Barça and Catalonia and he can say what he likes on these forums but there's a place to do it and he knows very well where it is.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Enrique regrets Abelardo's departure
BARCELONA, May 25 (DS) - Barcelona FC midfielder Luis Enrique indicated he would like to see Abelardo and Sergi continue playing at Nou Camp, Sport reported.
However, Barca new coach Louis van Gaal sees no place for them in his rebuilding plan.
"They are professionals and my friends," said Enrique. "Abelardo gave so much to Barca, whereas Sergi was born here. I understand that their age counts, but their services to Barcelona are really great."
Asked about Puyol, the midfielder added: "I can't imagine Barcelona without Carles. He is a good example for the team.
"I believe many things will change with Van Gaal. It is like the continuation of the movie, with similar victories. Barcelona need some big signings, especially for our fans to enjoy our games," Enrique concluded.

www.dailysoccer.com

Some wise words from LE21

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
these days it's pretty unusual for players to stay at one club for so long and do so much in iading their club to success. abelardo is one of them and you can only have the utmost respect for such a player.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmmm

How did my post have anything to do with politics?

I criticize Barcelona because it is supposed to be a "big" club in every sense of the word. The way it is managed is quite embaressing and anyone who believes differently is not seeing the true picture. I am not insulting the name, rather *today's*
organization.

Finally, let me remind you there are more cules who have bad words for todays team than those with good ones..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The sad fact is that neither Abelardo or Sergi were good enough for Barcelona anymore and their performances would drag the team down.

In football they kill the old horses and us fans must learn to live with that, as sad as it gets sometimes.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Any idea where Abelardo and Sergi might be heading?

I heard Sergi could land in Atletico Madrid.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
A dissgrace!:mad: Abelardo and Sergi were the persons who gave the other players their mood back in the dressingroom. A player like Ablerado can´t be valude in money. Nor Sergi and Abelardo are the players they were, but still valuble for the team. I think this is even more dissrespectfull because Gaspart made a public-promisse that Abelardo should stay and be offerd a new contract. Good work VG!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Robban, for all the leadership and their experience, can we agree that neither Abelardo or Sergi were good enough to play for Barcelona right now? With this in mind, would you prefer them to stay and whip the bench or watch the games from the stands? Do you even think they would accept that?

I dont.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Well, Abelardo was offered a new contract, it's just that he didn't want to sit on the bench. And I agree with him on that. Keep it real: if we get another central defender (as is said in the media), and we consider Andersson to be untouchable (because he is), Pitu won't be playing, because he isn't that good either. Or do you wish to see players who are better than the ones in the pitch sitting on the bench because they are just at the club and the worse players are here for many years? In Pitu's place I would've done the same.....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Deportivo target Abelardo

BARCELONA, May 26 (DS) - Deportivo La Coruna are reportedly keen to grab FC Barcelona defender Abelardo Fernandez, who announced on Friday that the next season will not see him perform for the Catalan side.
Meanwhile at first the Spanish side were reportedly keen to sigh Real Madrid defender Aitor Karanka. However the Spanish defender has recently chosen to return to his former side Athletic Bilbao forcing La Coruna to look for another central defender.
La Coruna management will imminently contact Abelardo's agent to discuss the provisional contract, but the final decision will be taken only upon defender's return from Thailand.
Meanwhile Abelardo has also been linked with Atletico Madrid, who are reportedly interested in sealing the deal with the defender provided they fail to sign on loan Alaves Argentinean defender Fabricio Coloccini.

dailysoccer

:D :D **SAVIOLA FOR PREZ!!!**:D :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Abelardo made a good season when he recoverd from his injury. Sergi isn´t bad either. The case is that people here has him as some kind of player that has to be blamed when we play badly. And in the squad right now there´re many players who´re worse than these two. It´s also about respect, you just don´t throw out the two captains just like that. Could you see Arsenal do it with Adams? Real with Hierro? Milan with Maldini etc.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts