Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Viola hit by Gomes injury Thursday 11 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina’s disastrous season has taken another blow as Nuno Gomes was ruled out for the rest of the season.

The Portugal striker has suffered an ankle injury and has been told to rest with the World Cup Finals just around the corner.

The former Benfica star will be sidelined for the final four games of the campaign even if it is widely acknowledged that the Tuscan outfit will be relegated anyway.

Gomes, like so many of his teammates, has struggled at the debt-ridden club this term and has failed to produce the sort of form that made him a star at Euro 2000.

It is also widely expected that Gomes will never play for Fiorentina again. He will almost definitely be sold this summer.

Premiership side Tottenham are one of the favourites to land the international after they attempted to take him on loan for the rest of the season last month.

channel4

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is the best news in a very long time! First time a Viola news made me smile this year. I hope he's not only out for the season but for the rest of his life!

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Nuno who?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Sorry to bother all Nuno haters, but I hope he will be back for the WC...

And now that he's injured, maybe you want to see Pedja play in his place. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Who?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am glad nuno is leaving your cheesy team who cant even stay in the first divson. YOur team sucks nuno is god !

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Hey!

Don't insult the team! Nuno Gomes was part of it all! He did contribute to our relegation to Serie B! :rolleyes:

YES! He get his fair share of blame as any other member of the team!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is this good news or bad news?;)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Humbird said:
Listen up woodpecker, you jumped on the 'Nuno Gomes sucks and we would win if we only had a better striker band wagon'. You are almost as guilty as Lips*ck.

Nuno hasn't played in a millenium yet Fiorentina continues to lose without him. Any one else to blame?

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Sorry, I can't hear you.

Speak a little louder. Who are you talking about? Louder please!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts