Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Here are our two biggest wing back talents.

Captain of 2003 generation Dragan Bojat:

Kid can play both left back or right back but prefers the left side. Has been the captain of this generation for a while now.

Jovan Vlalukin:

Doesn't really show it here but Vlalukin is a great RB. Too small for CB which he mostly played in the video but his attacking talent is great down the wing. Was really dominant a few years ago and many thought he might even be a better player than Bosnjak in defense but then he suffered a bad injury and was out for a long time. Took him a while to regain his form and hasn't really been the same since but luckily now he's playing RB.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
What age do kids usually start typically playing for their clubs. I got a little kid I was wondering what the normal progression is?
Any age really. Just start your kid as a midfielder. This way he can develop his defensive schemes just in case he becomes a defender one day but also ball control, vision, composure, and passing.
Offense develops naturally. If he's an offensive player, it will be known very soon. But very few succeed as such. Your kid usually needs elite genetics to be a winger or ridiculous intelligence.

Anyhow, start with the basics. Play some footy with your kid at the park. Teach fundamentals. How to dribble with the ball. Some tricks and how to win the ball from opponents. How to fall. Etc. Then, you can find a relevant league to enter your kid into. And from there if he's good then people will be looking for you instead of you for them.

Good luck

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
What age do kids usually start typically playing for their clubs. I got a little kid I was wondering what the normal progression is?
I think it's usually Under 7/8 in the UK, like for local football clubs. Pretty sure clubs go down to about that age in Serbia too.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
I started playing right after I turned 4. Each country has a different system though. Encourage him to test different type of positions. That's the best way to develop skills and learn the game properly. He'll get a much better sense of how his teammates think as well. But..most important of all: let him have fun. Lots of parents kill the joy by their demands.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Bogdan Jocic looks to be developing nicely. Didn't play much for the U17's a few days ago but that's because that team doesn't play with a playmaker CAM. He looks to be developing similarly to Ljajic. His shot looks great. His passing and vision is excellent and might be better than Ljajic. Looks like a hybrid of former Djuricic and Ljajic in youth days. Another great prospect from this generation

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
too often too many Serbian wonderkids get overhyped by us fans only to crash and burn soon after (Jankovic, Jevtic, Ninkovic, Saric, Mitrovic, Djuricic, Aleksic etc.)

there do appear to be a couple good young talents coming thru the ranks (eg. Luka Ilic, Djerlek), but let's lay off some major pronouncements as to what they will achieve in their careers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
too often too many Serbian wonderkids get overhyped by us fans only to crash and burn soon after (Jankovic, Jevtic, Ninkovic, Saric, Mitrovic, Djuricic, Aleksic etc.)

there do appear to be a couple good young talents coming thru the ranks (eg. Luka Ilic, Djerlek), but let's lay off some major pronouncements as to what they will achieve in their careers
Meh, it's a hobby to try to guess which talents will make it big time but to be honest there has been a change in our football recently. Many young players who don't succeed at first outside of Serbia end up coming back to Partizan and Zvezda on loan. It's great for our clubs and the development of these players. Pantic and Radonjic are great examples. In the past, these kids would have been washed up and continued to play in some second or third league with inferior competition in a foreign country and lose all confidence. They refused to come back home because they were ashamed to admit "failure" in front of friends and family. Thanks god this has changed. We get a second chance with many of our talents. Now, my other hope is that we set a rule where our domestic clubs can't sell players under the age of 21 to allow them to develop but also bring us more money. Milenkovic is a great example. 1 season in Fiorentina and they will be selling him for 40-50 million making 70% profit probably. There are plenty more examples like Nastasic for one. I think we will be seeing a higher conversion of talent to the big scene. I believe we've had the lowest conversion rates in the world because we have so many players playing across Europe.

If I was ever sure of a generation, it would be this one. Most of the kids in the U20 team have made a successful career thus far. We definitely have a surplus of talent like we've never seen before. I believe in the past we used to overhype. Yes, Danijel Aleksic was an insane talent that could have become the forward in balkan area since Suker/Mijatovic but I remember I added him on FB back in the day and he was constantly on. No joke. Like 24-7. I even messaged him once to train more :devil2: and he blocked me haha. Same with Nikon Jevtic. It takes a special personality and love for the game to succeed in football.

Anyhow, I stick to my words. Our golden generation is coming and the world better be prepared. We are going far at the next world cup better believe it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I am really happy and excited about the development of Dejan Joveljic. I have a good feeling him and Jovic will be leading Serbia for many years to come.

The thing I like most about DJ is that he's fearless. Mitrovic is a guy that chokes under pressure. Jovic is a guy that gets bored and disinterested at times. DJ is always fired up but in his typical calm manner. I've watched a few videos including that one where that freestyler from Serbia. They were hitting the crossbars and DJ came in clutch with no pressure. His self-confidence is impressive. But he continues to work and he is very critical of his game. Something I like form Mitrovic and Jovic as well. Players who have confidence but are critical of certain aspects in their game that need improving are players who are destined to succeed. I hate 18 year olds who think they have nothing to learn and are ready to be world beaters at the top clubs in Europe. We saw that mistake with Radonjic and Pantic and many before them. DJ has a good head on his shoulders. He's very smart. Very high football IQ and in general. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time which isn't a surprise why he has so many goals at youth level. He has a killer instinct. Reminds me a lot of Saponjic in that regard but just way more skill on top of it and mentally stronger.

I'd be genuinely surprised to see him fail. In fact, I could see him having a better career than Jovic. Jovic seems very hot and cold. With DJ, you can actually see he has a genuine passion for football. He has the fire for it. It's not just about the money, the fame, and all the other benefits that come with playing professional football. This kid genuinely wants to be the best because he loves what he does. It's the same vibe that Nikola Milenkovic has who said in an interview that he isn't the last one after practice because he's obligated to do so, he's the last one because he really enjoys being on the pitch.

Also, DJ looks much stronger than he did at the start of last season. He's been putting in a LOT of work off the pitch. That's another sign of success. It usually takes players many years to realize how important fitness and strength is. He's already doing it at 18.

Last, he's got a great mentor in Milojevic. I mean it couldn't be better for this kid and us. I hope when his inevitable transfer comes next summer that it's to a smaller German or Italian club where ideally there are other Serbian players or coaching staff there that can help with his development. Hell, I wouldn't mind if Mihajlovic brings him to his next club. He always does well with getting the best out of our players in club football and has a good eye for talented players like Sasa Lukic for example.

Think he's got what it takes to become a world class player and I don't say that for everyone but him, Milenkovic, SMS, Zivkovic, Lukic, Gacinovic, and Jovic are the cornerstone of the next gen of A-team players. Others like Radonjic can def surprise and bring a lot of potential with them. There's also a lot of depth in the talent pool from 94-01. I wouldn't be suprised if we made some semi's, finals or even won at a WC or EC if things go our way like England/Croatia this year, for example.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Joveljic tends to work with Kosanovic who has suggested that although he’ll get more playing time this season he doesn’t expect him to be a first team player until next season.

He’s got a long way to go until he secures a move abroad. If he goes earlier he’ll end up the same as so many other talents.

It’s better just watching him progress than continually hype him.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Joveljic tends to work with Kosanovic who has suggested that although he’ll get more playing time this season he doesn’t expect him to be a first team player until next season.

He’s got a long way to go until he secures a move abroad. If he goes earlier he’ll end up the same as so many other talents.

I see Joveljic getting the amount of Serbian league playing time somewhere in between what Luka Ilic (30-45 minutes every 3rd-4th game on average) and Uros Racic (started every other league game on average) got last season. I would expect to see him every other game for 20-30 minutes. I hope he continues to develop where he left off last season. I think this is the perfect time for Joveljic to step up with Pesic leaving, but ultimately that will fall down to Stoljilkovic and how effective he is as well as any other forwards we bring in.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

With Pesic gone, I think he's going to get plenty of time. He has also improved a lot physically which was his one big knock as to why he didn't feature earlier (besides better/more experienced players ahead of him). I think as the season progresses (somewhere around March), he will become a starter maybe even sooner who knows. He keeps progressing rapidly. His progression will determine how much time he gets.

It's kind of the point of this thread to hype our "golden generation" players :grin2:
Gives us a little optimism after having to watch Croatia/England play in a semi where we easily could have been if we had a few other things going our way. But it's not the Serbian way :depressed:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Suggestions are that we’ll bring in someone else now that Pesic has gone.

With Zvezda’s ambitions as they are this season I can’t see us being left with 2 strikers and maybe Pavkov.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
DZ, how is Bogdan Jocic progressing? I remember you say he is the most talanted Serbian kid in football ever?
Not as planned.

Still young and raw but a few injuries set him back and he's not looking as fast as he once was. We shall see. Still has a ways to go but he's been doing well for Zvezda's youth team and Serbian NT so it's a great start back. 2001 is a crazy stacked generation in midfield. I'm positive we'll get at least 1 star out of them.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Another big talent

Boris Krstic

Tall, strong, good technique, excellent finisher. All around player. Will be nice to see him develop. Another strong generation.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
IMO, this is the next breakout big player we are going to hear about from our league in the A team after Joveljic, Djerlek, Markovic, Terzic, Sehovic from the Giants.

I'll be dammed if Jovan Kokir doesn't go to a Bundesliga club in a year or two and dominates the league.
He dominated Zvezda in the derby last season in that famous last game. Very talented kid. The thing I like most about him are his beautiful crosses. Really knows how to lead a counter attack. Technically sound but very intelligent in his decision making. I'll be dammed if he doesn't succeed.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Next big talent from Partizan

Scored 2 goals and an assist in their senior Partizan A team vs B team friendly. 2002 generation. Incredible technique. Quite the dribbler. Reminds a lot of Tadic but probably a more interesting prospect in terms of potential.
Has a good frame. He will fill out nicely which is important because of his style of football.
Has good pace as well.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts