Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two greatest channels on TV today i just cant get enough of these channels especially on weekends. The only thing i still cant get is ESPN Deportes but at least i get Fox Sports Espanol which always shows soccer and the Mexican league.

ps-Liverpool and Arsenal TV are coming soon on GolTV :thumbsup:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer
http://www.goltv.tv/

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
the Cantona commercial is always on ESPN when they show matches there.

I am getting FSC soon, before the World Cup definetly

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
These channels piss me off during live games. Sometimes Gol TV will show good ones, but FSC during UEFA Cup and Champions league will show some stupid repeat of an EPL game. Also Gol TV in english has the worst announcers ever. Setanta is a great channel. I watch that all the time. It has the most live games. And by the way, if you pay for GOL tv you are getting ripped off. It is a free to air channel.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
These channels piss me off during live games. Sometimes Gol TV will show good ones, but FSC during UEFA Cup and Champions league will show some stupid repeat of an EPL game. Also Gol TV in english has the worst announcers ever. Setanta is a great channel. I watch that all the time. It has the most live games. And by the way, if you pay for GOL tv you are getting ripped off. It is a free to air channel.
we now have 3 channels devoted to soccer and your going to complain about the announcers. Hell they can have Betty Boop announcing I dont care we now can watch footie 24 hours a day. :thumbsup:

Ambis they can stuff the Liverpool TV up their arses. :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ambis said:
btw has anyone seen the Eric Cantona commercial?
Check out brazilian ping-pong @ nike.com

... Ronaldinio's version .... unreal.
and Ronaldo's version.

I hope that they were both doctored by special effects, expecially Ronaldinos.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
Also Gol TV in english has the worst announcers ever.
Ray Hudson has got to BE ... the WOrst FRIKKEN announcer/play by play man on english broadcasting !!!!!! :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PAULMAY said:
Ambis they can stuff the Liverpool TV up their arses. :)
hehe i'm with you there i hate them as well :tongue:

As far as Setanta goes i used to like them at the start and i like how they show CL and International games but they show too much rugby and that stupid irish cricket or what ever the hell its called. For me i would rank GolTV 1 then FSC 2 but its a close call cause FSC shows some good EPL matches. btw does anyone ever order these PPV matches of the EPL? i think its stupid how they had PPV when they show the match later on personally i never order sports PPV's beside Euro 2004 because it was a whole tourney but i hope they show it on one of these channels in the future. We cant really ask for more cause back in the days all we had was ESPN and there one match a month...

ps-bring back Jack Edwards the best soccer announcer :D

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also i must give credit to Max Bratos and Christian Miles in my opinion they do a great job on FSC with pronouncing names especially the EE or the South American ones usually most of these American or British guys are horrible at that they butcher every name but Miles and Bratos are just spot on. Last night i just noticed that JP Delacamera the former partner of Tommy Smyth on ESPN is now working for Turner Sports doing Atlanta Thrashers hockey games... thats one guy ESPN had that actually did a great job announcing soccer games but it seems like they let him go and will now have the idiots that do baseball games announce the world cup like Gary "puts me to sleep" Thorne :lala:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Ambis said:
hehe i'm with you there i hate them as well :tongue:

As far as Setanta goes i used to like them at the start and i like how they show CL and International games but they show too much rugby and that stupid irish cricket or what ever the hell its called. For me i would rank GolTV 1 then FSC 2 but its a close call cause FSC shows some good EPL matches. btw does anyone ever order these PPV matches of the EPL? i think its stupid how they had PPV when they show the match later on personally i never order sports PPV's beside Euro 2004 because it was a whole tourney but i hope they show it on one of these channels in the future. We cant really ask for more cause back in the days all we had was ESPN and there one match a month...

ps-bring back Jack Edwards the best soccer announcer :D
I use to get get all the PPV games a few years ago when they only showed 1 EPL game on Fox sports world But Direct tv charged $105 per year so that worked out to $3 per match. The next year they tripled the price, and now they dont do the season pass anymore.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PAULMAY said:
I use to get get all the PPV games a few years ago when they only showed 1 EPL game on Fox sports world But Direct tv charged $105 per year so that worked out to $3 per match. The next year they tripled the price, and now they dont do the season pass anymore.
Thats not bad i wouldnt mind paying for the season pass i do that for the NHL center ice package but its a joke how they charge $19.99 for one game and then they show the same game on FSC for free later on in the week. Although i'm never a fan of sports PPV because most of these big clubs make enough money from there sponsors and crap that they dont need me to fill there pockets. The best thing would be if you could subscribe to any league in the world and watch matches from leagues that they never show here. Or it would be great if they had a package for the Champions League group stages where you could get every game and watch what ever team you wanna watch instead of being stuck with what ESPN shows. I wonder if they do something like this in Europe?

@ Red Bed - well i dont care much for the announcers unless they favor one team over another which is what Tommy Smyth does when Liverpool and English teams play you should have heard him after Liverpool won the CL last year he had an orgasm on the set i've never seen him that excited :lala: :howler:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesom-O said:
I dont have FSC or Gol TV, unless they have been added to basic cable now..
They will never add them to basic cause there just isnt that much interest beside the people like us who follow the sport and we are a small number for now, heck they dont even have the NFL Network on basic cable as of now.

ESPN showing there lack of interest for Soccer again today instead of showing the CL match live they will show it on delay because of some stupid ass Tennis match. Time for those idiots to give up Soccer and the CL period we need to have these matches on channels where they actually care about the game and it comes first, not second hand to games like baseball and tennis :thmbdown:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Gol TV is a free to air channel, it should be with basic cable. google GOL tv and free to air. You will see.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
beerschot_fan said:
Gol TV is a free to air channel, it should be with basic cable. google GOL tv and free to air. You will see.
Not in North America ;) you need to pay for it as part of a sports package on digital cable (not all cable companies carry it i think Comcast is one of the major ones that does) or Direct TV. There are no FTA sports channels as far as i know...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Ambis said:
Not in North America ;) you need to pay for it as part of a sports package on digital cable (not all cable companies carry it i think Comcast is one of the major ones that does) or Direct TV. There are no FTA sports channels as far as i know...
It is free. I live in Los Angeles. Trust me. All you need is a FTA satellite receiver, such as a REX 1 , and hook it up to you dish network satellite. It is perfectly legal, since you are not entering codes for it. You will scan the channels, and will get like NASA and GOl TV for free, also a bunch of home shopping channels. Hook up a different dish, and you can get a bunch of Euro/Asian channels that are free to air as well.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
gol tv plays some crusty ass games tho

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know what the announcer's name with the british or irish accent in todays Barca-Real game was? that guy is awesome he is on another level even Tommy Smyth has nothing on this guy i especially liked when he goes "uhhh Ronaldinho the man with the buck tooth" :dielaugh: and then he blamed the ref all game about that Barca pk some very funy shit...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts