Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Finally, our first transfer in january! :D

Chelsea have signed turkish youth international Gokhan Tore from german side Bayer Leverkusen. The Bundesliga team hace confirmed the transfer on their website.

I don't know a lot about this kid. But he already has his own personal website: http://www.gokhantore.com/EN/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=3

I read in some forums that he is an awesome talent. Can any turkish inform us a bit about him?

Welcome to the Bridge Gokhan! (I like his name!!)

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pick «news» in his website:

Gökhan has signed a professional contract with Chelsea FC up to 30.06.2012. He would like to thanks cordially to Bayer04 Leverkusen for their support in the past and is looking forward to his new tasks in England.

And here is the confirmation from Bayer Leverkusen:

Gökhan Töre to Chelsea

Bayer 04 Leverkusen midfielder Gökhan Töre (17) has moved to the English Premier League side Chelsea. The Turkey U-17 international has signed a contract up to 30.6.2012. Again, the details of the transfer have not been disclosed by mutual consent. Gökhan Töre has been at Bayer 04 since August 1999.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I've seen him play in three games for Turkey U17's during last season when they hosted the European Championship and he was definitely one of their best players.

A pacey and quick player who likes to go 1-on-1 with his opponents, especially after recieving the ball rather deep down the pitch and then attack from there. Good technically and can definitely cross, can't quite remember, but I think he had a good shot as well.

Anyways, he'll be an excellent investment for the future if Chelsea finally gives their young players a fair chance. A steal really and I reckon Leverkusen must be pissed off.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds great. I hope he and Kakuta can get an opportunitie very soon. We are very short of left players. And Malouda is awful.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Dont worry, Armenia will have a talent like this one day.

:)howler:)

Besides, why would you care, you're not a chelsea fan. But your team Arsenal bought a turkish youngster too named Oguzhan from AZ Alkmaar. :smileani:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Dont worry, Armenia will have a talent like this one day.

:)howler:)

Besides, why would you care, you're not a chelsea fan. But your team Arsenal bought a turkish youngster too named Oguzhan from AZ Alkmaar. :smileani:
Sh*T
Im jumping up and down in happiness

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Until I actually see young players in the squad playing regular football in the first team instead of 5 min cameos I'd say this is pretty pointless. Play the youngsters better then playing Malouda

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone who saw Kakuta, can say that this kid is a milion times better than Malouda. There is a few videos in youtube where the people can see how good is this french. But he is only 17 years old yet, so I suppose they don't want to give a lot of pressure over Gael shoulders. IMO he should continue working with the first team on daily basis, and he will play in our first team in the near future. No doubt.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I've seen him play only once with turkey u17 and he stood out by far, he has the potential. A typical fast technical midfielder with good vision.

·
Registered
24 Posts
His style is quite similar to Mesut Özil from Werder Bremen. He is definitely a special player and I hope he will be a good signing for Chelsea.

·
*the drum drum*
42,888 Posts
levon, you've made your point now relax.

You can't really expect to bleed in kids like Gokhan and chase titles at the same time unless the kids extremely talented. They'll have to grow from their 5 minute cameos and spells on loan to smaller clubs possibly in lower divisions and then prove that they're ready to step up to the challenge of winning titles.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure Stoch would have been a way better match than this awful french we have in the left. I think he is one of the worst Chelsea players I've ever seen.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tore wasn't signing for the first team, he will go to train with the Academy first. He is only seventeen years old for ten days.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gökhan is playing UEFA European Under-17 Championship Elite with Turkey.

In the first match against Wales (2-2): ''...And after Elliott Chamberlain restored the Welsh lead after the break, also with a volley, but it lasted for the same amount of time before Gökhan Töre found the target with a superb dipping free-kick.''

The second match against Romania ended 0-0.

And the turkish got the victory in the third and final match against Finland for 2-0, and they qualified for qualify for the finals of U 17 European Championship in Germany, who will be played on May. The goals were scored by Hasan Ahmet Sarı in the 6th minute and by Gökhan Töre in 62nd minute.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gökhan is not even at 100%. In the U17 Championship starting at 6th may in Germany he will be much better I think. Eurosport will broadcast the matches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tomorrow before watching the Chelsea-Barca match you can watch out for Gökhan Töre when he plays against Germany U17. (18.15 Eurosport.)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts