Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :)

I'm going to Barcelona in February, will be there Feb 21 - 29. :cool: I'd like to take in a game in that time but from what I can see, FCB are on the road the two weekends. :( However, going to Valencia isn't out of the question, but since the game is scheduled on the 22nd, I worry that it could be rescheduled to be played on Saturday instead, in which case it might be hard to make it. I'm not really following the Liga but what do you guys think, is it almost certain to be rescheduled? And if I were to go to Valencia, would it be too late to get tickets on the match day considering it's a big game? I'm considering seeing a basketball game instead (there's one scheduled on the 22nd), and/or Espanyol - Valencia on the 29th.

If there's someone on the spot or someone who has gone before, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me a little about your experience(s), things I should know, tips on how/where to get tickets, what they're supposed to cost, if there's anything I shouldn't miss out on etc. :)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Chances are that the game will be moved to Saturday night. If not, it will be the late Sunday night game.

Getting to Valencia from Barcelona is a straight shot, by car, rail or bus. Easy as can be.

You can buy tickets right outside Mestalla and not pay too much money. Mestalla is a nice, very underrated stadium, great atmosphere and nice people. Hang around the bars after the games, the party won't stop.

About Barcelona, there is so much to do and see, it can't possibly be posted here.

Go to the stadium, easy shot by metro, and get to the store and the museum. Very nice time.

All of Gaudi's work is just amazing, it has to be seen to appreciate. Las Ramblas, the Gothic section, Port Vell etc. Late eating, late partying. Just an awsome city. Enjoy.

·
21,026 Posts
Batigol9 said:
I have plans to visit Spain late on April for two weeks, but I thought going thru cities by train would be a better idea.
It depends on where you are going.

Rail service in Spain is not particulary good. The country only has two fast train services, called AVE. One from Madrid to Sevilla, excellent service and the other from Madrid to Lleida, a city just outside Barcelona. This service just started a couple of months ago. From Lleida, you take a slower train into Barcelona until the construction is completed.

If the cities are far, say 400kms or more, car or plane is much better and not that expensive. Valencia- Barcelona, rail service is fine. Madrid - Bilbao, by train takes forever, I wouldn't do it.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Raul, do you think I have a shot at getting tickets at Mestalla just hours before kick off? It would be a little silly to go all the way over there and not get in.. (and I already have a fake Aimar shirt from Rome last year :D)

Thanks a lot btw! :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
numerodix said:
I thought maybe they have cars to rent.. and if we were going we'd stay there a couple of days.
If you do rent a car, then be smart. Try and rent a car without comercial stickers on it. The spanish police is a bit diffrent and more corrupt than you're used to. Also keep in mind that Barcelona is a difficult city to drive in.

·
21,026 Posts
numerodix said:
Raul, do you think I have a shot at getting tickets at Mestalla just hours before kick off?
Without a doubt. The closer to game time the cheaper it will be. I have seen a couple of games there and both times I bought the ticktes right before.

·
Registered
460 Posts
numerodix said:
Hey guys :)

I'm going to Barcelona in February, will be there Feb 21 - 29. :cool: I'd like to take in a game in that time but from what I can see, FCB are on the road the two weekends. :( However, going to Valencia isn't out of the question, but since the game is scheduled on the 22nd, I worry that it could be rescheduled to be played on Saturday instead, in which case it might be hard to make it. I'm not really following the Liga but what do you guys think, is it almost certain to be rescheduled? And if I were to go to Valencia, would it be too late to get tickets on the match day considering it's a big game? I'm considering seeing a basketball game instead (there's one scheduled on the 22nd), and/or Espanyol - Valencia on the 29th.

If there's someone on the spot or someone who has gone before, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me a little about your experience(s), things I should know, tips on how/where to get tickets, what they're supposed to cost, if there's anything I shouldn't miss out on etc. :)
hey :D here's something about my own experince: last season i went to barça-valencia in the Camp Nou (don't care the result now..) and i payed 62 euros for my ticket..it was the most expensive ticket i bought, even more than a CL ticket..but it was a nice location :D i bought it in club's office like 1 week or so before the game..when you came to that stadium you feel it had worth every euro :proud:
i don't know how is the thing in valencia but i guess it's similar. If you decide to go by train, you can check departure hours in www.renfe.es (i think they provide a very good service), it's just 1 train to valencia per day and i think the travel lasts 5 or 6 hours..
anyway, if you can't go,you can't leave Barcelona without visiting the Camp Nou..take a complete tour, is a little more expensive (about 9 euros) and you can see lots of things and even go to the ground & the bench
an unforgettable experience:D :proud:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts