Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have it yet? It's only supposed to come out here in Europe on the 24th (in North America on the 21th), but my local gamestore already had it. I didn't buy it yet, because I'm no too sure about it. It's supposed to be a 1930's gangster version of GTA, but Mafia already did that years ago, so I'm not sure how much this game will add to the genre. Also the graphics that I've seen in various in game footage were simply terrible, so then the story line would have to be really, really good to make up for it. A game based on the movie certainly has that potential, but I'm gonna adopt a 'wait and see' attitude with this one. I want to read some reviews first. :neutral:

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's about a taxi driver who by accident gets two mobsters in his taxi and has to drive them to safety, they're so impressed with his driving that he's invited to join the Salieri family. He isn't sure first, but after a rival gang attacks him, he joins with Salieri and climbs through their ranks. The game has great graphics, classic cars, excellent music, good story, it's one of the best games I've played. There is a demo, if you're interested: http://www.gamershell.com/download_547.shtml

·
Registered
335 Posts
What are the official names of both games? Can you get them for XBOX 360?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Boyo said:
It's about a taxi driver who by accident gets two mobsters in his taxi and has to drive them to safety, they're so impressed with his driving that he's invited to join the Salieri family. He isn't sure first, but after a rival gang attacks him, he joins with Salieri and climbs through their ranks. The game has great graphics, classic cars, excellent music, good story, it's one of the best games I've played. There is a demo, if you're interested: http://www.gamershell.com/download_547.shtml
Agreed, one of the best games i have played, on both ps2 and pc. I recommend it to anyone who likes computer games and likes the mafia movies.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Seen the adverts - Would be good to know what its like before I blow another £35.00 on a game!

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reviews at Yahoo, Amazon and IGN that I've been reading are mixed. From what I can conclude, the good points of the game seem to be the story, the voice acting, the actor modelling and the length of the game (40h). The bad points are the driving controls, the combat system and the city graphics. That last one I had already noticed in the previews, but I was hoping that they would have improved on that with the game's release. That doesn't seem to be that case, and I've read people saying that the streets and buildings all look the same, are very bland and that it's causing it to be hard to navigate around the city because of it. :neutral:

I think I'm gonna give this one a pass for now. The Elder Scrolls IV is also out, so I'm going to get that instead.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
i looked at the back of the box today - the screenshots there reminded me of err true crime new york or whatever it was.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
bought it yesterday and i tell you this is one of the best gamesi have ever played... its like mafia except much better... i urged everyone to buy it this game will be the hit of 2006.

·
Registered
231 Posts
its like mafia but mafia is the one that is much better.. Story in godfather is kinda short and when the story is done the rest of the game gets kinda boring and repetive.
But still its the best game I have played in a while and best in genre since mafia

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
BamBam said:
its like mafia but mafia is the one that is much better.. Story in godfather is kinda short and when the story is done the rest of the game gets kinda boring and repetive.
But still its the best game I have played in a while and best in genre since mafia
it is??? cuz i hadnt really bought the game i only wanted ppl to think its a good game and buy it so they can tell me if its a good game :p... however i am seriously thinking about buying it this saturday or friday.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ac_milan_foreva said:
it is??? cuz i hadnt really bought the game i only wanted ppl to think its a good game and buy it so they can tell me if its a good game :p... however i am seriously thinking about buying it this saturday or friday.
:howler: you smartass hahahaha

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
****ing great game

1 - 20 of 35 Posts