Xtratime Community banner

goals to count two

557 views 47 replies 7 participants last post by  Cruyff14 
#1 ·
FIFA are trying to bring in this new rule to make higher scorelines, you get two goals for every one, if it comes in then it will be backdated to the start of this season and Ronaldo would have already broken Denis Laws record with a staggering 70 goals to his name. :eekani:

in other news Man Utd have gone bankrupt, and Hargreaves has been arrested for thieving £100k a week off them.

#3 ·
Yeah but ILA, in the pre-season cup, it's ok. The AFL chiefs are stupid, but not THAT stupid.

#6 ·
It's not Irish. We invented it ;)

Wayyyy too hard to explain the rules over the net lol.

Do you understand it?

#10 ·
#12 ·
You had to get a picture of when Hawthorn lost didn't you Jeff? :sigh:

#9 ·
Saw in the paper that Wenger will be looking to bring Jenas to Arsenal in the summer. Jenas and Fabregas dominating midfields, should be good. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
You know what is the most annoying thing today? It took my room-mate 2 hours to realize it is an April's Fool day. I was reading to her 2 hours one bad newspaper headline after another and she belived them all. and then I HAD to teel her what day it is because these headlines were makeing me looking stupid.
After various tests Capello named Beckham the lifelong captain.

#21 ·
Yeah it was played in London a few years back.

Yeah tries is a stupid name.

Our game is better than Rugby :D

#23 ·
I prefer Aussie Rules to rugby, although I like the latter and for some time have wished that I could find the motivation to see more of it.

There's been complaints about how AFL is now played, although a vindictive side of me appreciates this new form as the idiots who are rabidly pro-this sport and rabidly anti-football have for years whinged that all that happens in football is for the defenders to pass amongst themselves, as in that Simpsons episode. Hey bastards what's happening in your perfect sport, huh? Huh? Huh?! :pp :D

#25 ·
Yeah, footy (ours) isn't like it used to be. The umpires are miked up, they were bloody fluro colours and make ridiculous decisions and constantly get in the players way and the players get blamed for it. It's bullshit.

#29 ·
If I'm right the graphic used in that picture was when 9 held rights to screen the sport. So, a few years back? That graphic was quite bland. Lately the networks attempts at on-screen presentation have grown lax. I remember that 7's efforts used to be more elaborate.

Hawthorn have grown so much.

#34 ·
By the way, the best triple threat in football is Chad Cornes. :pp

The strong become weak and the weak become strong. Clubs operate under a salary cap and the worst performers are awarded priority selections during the draft. It has created problems in that some teams have been accused of losing deliberately to secure these picks. On the other hand, it makes it more difficult for teams to sustain periods of dominance.

#39 ·
At one time I compared Hawthorn to Arsenal in that both have squads considered to be quite young, and with only a few veterans. Both also have bold aspirations. Both have young mega-talents who are commonly referred to with their nicks. :D Hawthorn also play a nice brand of football.

#41 ·
Did you see Cyril Rioli against Melbourne in Round 1 Jeff?

He's only 18 and a bullet, reminds me of Walcott in a way, he's got fantastic agility and balance too.

And yeah, the squads are remarkably similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.