Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIFA are trying to bring in this new rule to make higher scorelines, you get two goals for every one, if it comes in then it will be backdated to the start of this season and Ronaldo would have already broken Denis Laws record with a staggering 70 goals to his name. :eekani:

in other news Man Utd have gone bankrupt, and Hargreaves has been arrested for thieving £100k a week off them.

·
Registered
42,799 Posts
In Aussie Rules, there's a pre-season competition in which the ruling body try out new elements. One of these is that a team is awarded nine points for scoring outside the 50 metre zone, in comparison to the usual six.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Yeah but ILA, in the pre-season cup, it's ok. The AFL chiefs are stupid, but not THAT stupid.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aussiie rules? I get that mixed up with them funny Irish ball games.

·
Registered
42,799 Posts
Cruyff - I wasn't trying to make a point, I just felt like divulging that information. I hope I don't sound temperamental.

Oh and yes, there have been a number of Irishmen to successfully convert from Gaelic to Aussie Rules.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Aussiie rules? I get that mixed up with them funny Irish ball games.
It's not Irish. We invented it ;)

Wayyyy too hard to explain the rules over the net lol.

Do you understand it?

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never watched it, I watch enough sport already without extending it by taking in all the US, Australian and everywhere elses sports.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Saw in the paper that Wenger will be looking to bring Jenas to Arsenal in the summer. Jenas and Fabregas dominating midfields, should be good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jenas is being chased by Barcelona accoridng to reports as the replacement for Ronaldinho, so I won't get my hopes up.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
THE
14,123 Posts
You know what is the most annoying thing today? It took my room-mate 2 hours to realize it is an April's Fool day. I was reading to her 2 hours one bad newspaper headline after another and she belived them all. and then I HAD to teel her what day it is because these headlines were makeing me looking stupid.
After various tests Capello named Beckham the lifelong captain.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know what is the most annoying thing today? It took my room-mate 2 hours to realize it is an April's Fool day.
give him/her a slap kat, that will make you feel better

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
so it's just Rugby in gay tops?
Lol sort of but not really.

There are no tries so to speak, but goals and points. If you read Jeffs post, you will get it :thumbsup:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am still trying to work out why they are called 'tries' I don't understand Rugby either and that's an English game.

a ball not being round must be an Aprils fool that they forgot to tell was a fool. :pp

·
Registered
42,799 Posts
The AFL have attempted to introduce the sport overseas, although not convincingly. There was a match played in England if I remember correctly, but Jern if you showed up, you would of been one of the few non-ex-pats. :pp

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The AFL have attempted to introduce the sport overseas, although not convincingly. There was a match played in England if I remember correctly, but Jern if you showed up, you would of been one of the few non-ex-pats. :pp
I missed it, I bet there were a lot of English there though, we have a pretty healthy amount of eccentrics in this country.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts